1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[DISCUSSION] Future Promotions and Senbatsu

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by moomookan, Mar 22, 2013.

1. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Umechan is an interesting choice. Aya is definitely possible though. KII probably ways to have a 5th representative for Senbatsu (assuming Oba Mina gets in as well) so probably either Aya or Matsurina.

I see it as a competition between:
    Nao
    Yukiko
    Nishinishi
    Kinchan
    Aya
    Matsurina

I just really want Yukiko in!!!!

2. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

I think yukko already has a reserve slot in the senbatsu regardless what is the outcome of the election. Unless the management will troll us again (which is their expertise) and do not include her. For me, she's one of the most deserving member to fill those empty slots in the group. She is good in singing, dancing and MCing, and has a stage charisma, all in one!

And Kaotan I think she will also be part in that competition...

3. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

i totally think kaotan could grab a senbatsu spot, i mean she has the popularity and the talent, so regardless of her lack of proper team affiliation it's looking positive! i just wish SKE released more than 3 singles a year :/

4. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Kaotan can't get promoted anymore. She was made an honorary KKS member or a lifetime KKS member.

*Edit: I misread the posts about Kaotan. I thought everyone was talking about her getting promoted, but then I read them again and realized it was about her getting into senbatsu. I'm pretty tired. [yawn]

5. mcrfreaker

mcrfreaker Kenkyuusei

Kaotan prove it at Kiss Datte [hehe]

Yukko (if management doesn't change their mind) will absolutely in senbatsu. Just see the Choco no Dorei line-up at SJo and Yukko is under Rie. (CMIIW)

6. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

Get some rest comrade maybe you will meet your oshi in your dreams.. :)

^ She was so good in that Choco no Dorei performance at SJo. I don't know why the management kick her out in the senbatsu (maybe to accommodate the young gen members, i don't..) but this time she deserves to be back again.

7. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    I'll use this thread as a place to bring up the new Senbatsu hierarchy. For Utsukushii Inazuma, the girls have been saying that this is the "new SKE". So I'm assuming we can expect this type of line up in the future. The new hierarchy seems to be:

Jurina and Rena
    Yuria and Kanon
    Nao, Minarun, Churi, NanNan
    Everyone else in Senbatsu (Akari and Airi are probably the tops here though)

I'm ok with this, but the major push for young girls is kind of extreme. Yuria and Non have really REALLY matured a lot over the past few months and they're relying less on cute charm. Their blogs are have more complex and substantial content more often as well. Yet, when being presented as AKB Undergirls or in magazines, they're still painted as the "kawaii"babies. It irks me a bit, and I hope management catches on that these girls have grown up A LOT lately. I mean, they're still cute and all, just not as helpless as it sometimes seems. Waiting Room, I'm looking at you....

Bitterness aside, the Nao push is too much too soon. Nao didn't rank in the election, was promoted to the least popular team, and even though she's popular in handshakes, her performance isn't as sharp and fine tuned as others. This was her first Senbatsu, so putting her second row is naturally going to draw a lot of attention and criticism. I'm sure she'll grow and get better, it all comes with time. But for now, maybe Churi should hold that place (Nao was almost presented as a #5 at times)

Mikiti and Yukko barely hang on to Senbatsu. I was hoping Yukko's return would be more than back row edge, I was honestly expecting Nao to have that spot and Yukko to at least be in the middle ^_^;; Push Akarin to where Nao was and we're set. Anyway, I'm worried about Mikiti and Yukko's prospects for future Senbatsu, especially after they didn't rank this year.

Masanya continues to fall as well. She's safe senbatsu of course, but a few singles from now she might be back row edge as well.

8. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Nao is also getting more attention due to the kennin on Team K, where, so far, she's been in all performances and got a good unit to show her.

9. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    But the unit Nao's in only shows of her vocal ability.
    Not her dance skills which she needs to prove her worth in SKE.

Higurashi no Koi is pretty much swaying from side to side if you compare it to the other unit songs, especially End Roll :fp:

I do agree that a second row for Nao is a bit too much, but it could just be the management trying to make her realise that she's got to prove her worth in the 2nd row so that she won't just be seen as that other handshake cutie. I hope so though.

10. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

Manatsu also she's being overtaken by her juniors.. Before I always thought she would be the future ace of ske and now its seems like she's fading away. Now, she's in the 3rd row they slowly pushing her at the back.

And I do agree with churi she should be the 3rd or 4th girl in the group don't drag her 5th below cause that's too much already.

11. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I would like to share my view on this matter. It's sad to see Churi dropping to low position with younger members replacing her but it's necessary for the development of SKE in long term. AKB isn't the only group that needs to undergo the generation change. SKE is in the same position as Rena and Churi are both 22 and could graduate in probably 2 more years. The management won't dare to touch Rena as she is the face of the group together with Jurina but Churi will have it tough. She is in the same situation as Yukirin in AKB. They are both popular in their respective group but they are not the face of their group and are not young anymore, so they are being pushed aside to make room for younger members. However, Yukirin is super popular and has a solo career to care about while Churi hasn't had. So I think it's now the time for Churi to think about her future because she isn't going to get any special treatment from the management.
    About the heavy promotion of Yuria, Non and especially Nao, I think it's necessary to put them in a good position and feature them prominently in PV. Let's face it, if you are serious about promoting a girl in a huge group like this, sometimes you have to shove the girl in people's face. People would feel annoyed at first but if the girl can show her charm and talent, fans will come to accept her. Personally, I care more about if a girl can prove that she is worthy of being pushed or not. So far, I'm quite pleased with Nao. She looks humble, is hardworking and has great personality. I will keep an eye on her and look forward to her development :inlove:.

12. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It's the team imbalance though... If the most popular girl in Team KII is at rank 5 or even 6 or 7, it just seems so unfair to that team. It's not like they're a group of just promoted KKS who need to earn their stripes. After the shuffle, the teams should all get fairly equal representation with perhaps slightly more to S (or A if it's AKB). Ideally, the top 3 should have one member from each team. If that's not the case, then the shuffle was poorly designed and KII should have gotten more of the younger talent.

In AKB you have Mayu (and Mariko) in A, Yuko (and sort of Jurina) in K, and Yukirin (and Paruru) in B. According to that indication of the "new" SKE, you have two of the most pushed in S (Jurina Yuria), two in E (Rena Non) and zero in KII.

BTW, I really approve of Nao being pushed. She is a great singer, and IMHO, SKE needs more strong singers in its senbatsu.

13. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

They should push Dasu, Churi, and Airin more... <is my wishful thinking... They're not unpopular obviously but... Age... >___<

Dasu made AKB senbatsu though, she should be pushed more!! Doesn't make sense to me... She's clearly very popular. And since she's transferred to KII now I would hope KII could get some spotlight but... I'm not holding my breath... KII seems to be the least loved by management no matter who is on the team.

Then again if I had my way, I'd just have Kaotan in senbatsu. lol (She's not even my SKE oshi but I think it'd be super interesting, plus she's also not unpopular... lol)