1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[DISCUSSION] Next Captain of Team S

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Who should be the new captain of Team S?

1. Oya Masana

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Kato Rumi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kizaki Yuria

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. Kinoshita Yukiko

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Kuwabara Mizuki

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. Suda Akari

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Takeda Shiori

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Deguchi Aki

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. Nakanishi Yuka

20 vote(s)
    19.4%
  10. Hiramatsu Kanako

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Matsui Jurina

15 vote(s)
    14.6%
  12. Matsui Rena

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  13. Yagami Kumi

7 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Yesterday at the theater, Rikachan announced that she would be graduating from SKE48. It's the first time that a captain leaves the group.

As of now we don't know for sure whether Rikachan is going to graduate immediately or if she is to stay in the group until the end of the month. Most likely an announcement regarding the team's new captain is going to be made only after her last performance, maybe even at Tokyo Dome.

Who do you think is capable enough of filling Rikachan's shoes and why? Who should be the next captain of Team S?

2. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    For those suggesting it could be Jurina, also consider the fact that she's currently involved with Team K activities as well. Doesn't make sense if she's also burdened with captain responsibilities.

3. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Maybe there won't even be a new captain and Team S will forever remain captainless :fp:

4. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Realistically it might be Masana. She could do it, and her popularity might help keep her there.

5. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    Rikako was very good at keeping everyone relaxed and that she sees all the member's mental health is in good shape. She's also an underrated dancer, she's one of the most consistent dancers. Its not flashy but she rarely misses anything. Her empty captain spot could be given to:

Nishi is the next one in terms of laid-back approach Rikako had. Rikako made it easy for the members to relax at critical times and I can see Nishi doing the same. Nishi is a good choice to fill up the behind-the-scenes mental preparation of the team.

Mizuki could but there's no difference than from right now. Mizuki is already the one keeping tabs of all the members' performances. Mizuki is the one confirming choreo and preps the team's performances. Though Mizuki is known to be a tyrant who gets on you if you do bad. :lol:

Rena might be a surprisingly good choice, she was being groomed throughout this year on how to be a leader and she has shown us some of it already.

Jurina is a definite no-no. She's far too busy and spread out right now.

6. Gaius_Baltar

Gaius_Baltar Kenkyuusei

Hi minna
    I've said before in another thread that Jurina in the "Team K" performs only irrelevant functions of backdancer , only for training purposes.
    She was separated from active duty because of their emotional problems. His career is now frozen pending its cure.
    This 6 months of medical rehabilitative, are sufficient and too. The girl is already healed. She Have passed their crisis, she has to return to Nagoya to your site, to lead, she is SKE.

Ja~ne

7. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

Masana is the best option, for her character , the most important by to be captain of team S is the leadership, so Jurina in this moment is more a concern

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I have no idea what you just said, but i suggest you think a bit more seriously if you insist on Jurina. Anyway ever since Team 4 when Oba Mina regained her captain postition from Shimada Haruka with the members being happy about it while the fans thought differently shows that our understanding of the role is less hmmm.... knowledgable maybe.
    Anyway to replace Rikako it's been shown it's not always the oldest member, but i still think the young members like Jurina, Yuria, Rumi and Kumi are all out of the question. Personally if Ono Haruka was still in the group i'd say it would be her, but now I think either time will tell and we'll see who takes up the mantle or will it just be left vacant.

9. Gaius_Baltar

Gaius_Baltar Kenkyuusei

In this is right, maybe Masana for stability is the ideal, but I do not see promotional level, I would say AVEX wants something else.

Ja~ne

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    As I said in the other thread, Masana is the first one that comes to mind. Jurina and Rena are already "double-acing" the team and act as poster girls for the group, so I see no need for one of them to become captain on top of that. I don't see Jurina being in Team K for the moment as a reason why she should not be made captain or why that would make "no sense", but there's other reasons.
    Masana has an aura of authority - she's grown-up, humble and focused. She's constantly trying to work on improving herself and can hold her ground.

11. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I still don't know what you're saying, and i'm not implying that you're thinking deeper if you pick Jurina, i'd say the thoughts are shallow if you pick her rather.
    As for Masana all i keep thinking is KD, maybe this is why i feel more comfortable on who not to pick rather than who to pick since i was not too aware of those qualities about her in a team.

12. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

i just voted for Kumi just because it would be awesome if she was captain :cute:
    but honestly,knowing japanese culture its most likely going to be one of the oldest members in the group.
    and taking everything into consideration Masana is the best bet.

13. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

14. Gaius_Baltar

Gaius_Baltar Kenkyuusei

Sorry mieniem san, It happened a mistake in the translation of the translator, the correct phrase is:

In this is right, maybe Masana for stability is the ideal, but I do not see promotional level, I would say AVEX wants something else.

Ja~ne

Pd: sorry sorry my english

15. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^I don't see Avex as influencial or controlling factor in such a decision.

16. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

If it hadn't been for Jurina's Team K stint, I would've suggested her. But, also, I feel like the captain shouldn't be the ace. So in that case Jurina probably wouldn't be right for the job, even though she clearly really cares about SKE and has a reputation for being really involved and helpful. I feel like Masana would be a good choice.

17. Gaius_Baltar

Gaius_Baltar Kenkyuusei

Hi,

The question is: What is the function of a captain?
    - To maintain order and internal harmony?
    - Projecting outward image and concept of the team?
    - Administrative functions with the staff?

Ja~ne

18. asudja

asudja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    thanks HRP for moving this discussion off rikachan's thread..

was gonna choose deguchi aki..
    I don't know her alot, nor her leadership and public speaking quality..
    but I think she's a member resembling maturity, independent, never give up mentality, n such..
    the only problem is her age and popularity lvl.. but who knows what staff point of view for the matter?

masana oya, nakanishi yuka, kuwabara mizuki
    they're also could be a great captain.. I'm more to masana than mii n nishishi last.

jurina.. I love jurina, as a fan of team K.. I shouted when she joined team K.
    but in this condition (she's in 2 team, centering team s, SKE48 and some of AKB48's song) will be too much to ask to a 15 years old girl.. (If I was not mistaken, akiP once said that she must not neglect her school too.. so that's another thing for her..)
    not that I'm saying jurina is not suited for captaincy.. I just don't think now is the rite time.

maybe the reign after the next would be perfect for her..

oya, me myself pick.. my SKE oshi.. yagami kumi..
    well, no logical reason behind that.. I just.. want.. her.. :^O^: :inlove:

19. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    I am just thinking .... Maybe there will be a shuffle in SKE
    And then there will be captain for the new Team S
    And a captain from outside the current Team S

20. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Why not make a thread titled "Who will graduate SKE next" that'll narrow things down :fp:
    ( please no more graduations, I can't handle it)
    ( I do have the strongest feeling there will be shuffles before S4 starts :fear: )