1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Do you or someone you know want to join AKB48, but...

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by pau_pau_chan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    This is really good explanation...

I want to join AKB48 but it's too late now so I just gave up.
    I can however join JKT48 as Indonesia is not that far from Malaysia, but I don't want to sing Indonesian LOL! I want to sing Japanese... :cute:

2. jaymie_AKB48_lawton

jaymie_AKB48_lawton Kenkyuusei

Do you know the link or something? Maybe we could all audition. Together( I live In the uk! And I have been a fan since I was eight years old! My mom showed me them and I just LOVED THEM! But when I was nine.. I told a friend that my dream was to join AKB48 and she laughed.. She said" for one. They wouldn't let YOU audition. Two you would have to be Japanese. And three what about all the money?" I don't care about the money! It's my dream! AKB girls don't give up! So I will push myself and audition for when they come to the uk! I will practice their dance moves and show them what not giving up is all about...I will show Natasha! Please..is there a link to where I can post my video? :chuffed: :) <3 <3 :^O^: [nod]

3. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
  4. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Actually AKB48 currently have audition with Toyota in making Team 8
    But I think the date is already over... :^^;:

The link is here: http://www.akb48.co.jp/audition/

[​IMG]

5. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

^ Yeah, cause an audition for girls from particular prefectures is exactly the way for international girls to get in :p

6. Syaro

Syaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Well, with the popularity of Hatsune Miku raising, I think if AKB took the necessary steps, there might be a way for them to be more popular over here, which may lead to group/team over here in the US.

7. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I want to join AKB but i'm a guy so that already explains a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Emiri Perry

Emiri Perry Kenkyuusei

I live in Sydney, Australia and it has always been my dream to join AKB48 as a Japanese idol too! I believe that I have the potential to become an idol in AKB48.

Me too I live in Australia but in Sydney and I love AKB48 and I want to join them I'm half Asian and half Australian and I can speak quite a lot of Japanese. I really want to join.!!! >^<

what if you can speak enough Japanese and you are always learning the language which the members use for variety shows? It's not that hard to learn a language.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  9. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    I'm sorry to be a buzzkill, but I agree with all the points made by Silenka on this issue.

I think some people may be underestimating how hard it is to learn a language. Japanese is an extremely difficult language. I'm half Japanese so I'm pretty much a native speaker. I speak it both at home and at work with my Japanese colleagues, and I still have trouble with the language and I run into things I don't understand. Bear this in mind, I've been speaking Japanese at home since I was a kid, and I've been to schools and studied in Japan and I would still say my Japanese is far from perfect. No matter how much you learn a language and practise reading/writing/speaking it, you will never be as fluent or understand the nuances of a language like a native speaker who originates from Japan would.

Silenka touched on it a bit, but have people also considered visa issues? Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship, and I'm not too sure about visas in Japan but I took a quick search and I'm not sure if there's an appropriate visa which would allow you to work as an idol in Japan. The visas are all limited up to three years except for the indefinite permanent resident visa.

Along with this, Japan is extremely monocultural. Despite how much they fawn over some types of foreigners (namely the Caucasian kind), it's very different being in a working situation as compared to just visiting. Japanese culture is so intricate, and there are so many nuances that it so hard to pick up if you aren't used to that situation. I understand Hirari auditioned while living in America and made it into the group, but Hirari has also been brought up with a Japanese parent and has probably been schooled on at least some aspects of Japanese culture.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I just don't see foreigners in 48g as being a realistic possibility.

10. jell0

jell0 Kenkyuusei

I hope not. I don't like the idea that to truly enjoy something that's not Eurocentric, you need a western analog. I also don't like the idea of JPop group or concept being exported. I feel that there are too many acts in the US AS IS - we do not need ANOTHER one! Also, western management will oversexualize the concept and western fans will not know how to conduct themselves in such close proximity to the group. I hope there is never a western version.

11. livan

livan Kenkyuusei

i live in australia to ! i live in sydney we should met up! maybe we can practice for akb48 ;)

12. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Hey Stage48

If you are in Hawaii (or going soon) Avex is having auditions! Who knows if they'll recruit in association to any acts we know but worth a shot.

Details in a post I made on twitter (oh and follow me too if you wanna ;) )
    https://twitter.com/Midor1tora/status/554095300449533952

13. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    Seeing this forum make my head spin. There is no requirements to audition for akb other than to live in Japan and know basic Japanese (basically able to sing the songs). Its all up to the staff to choose. I would like to see someone try who isnt Asian because there may be hope for us younger overseas fans.

Thats just what I have heard around the internet but I have yet to see an audition form so I don't know for sure.

Also if you get a work visa for Japan you can renew it like any other visa. So by example if you were to get accepted and once the 3 years was coming to an end apply for a renewal. Im sure if you got accepted AKB would help you get a house. The only thing I see them not doing is flying you over there.

Also if we could do a site audition then whoever wins we could make a petition for them to join AKB. That would mean making people sign it but we have this site and many other sites dedicated to AKB so its worth a shot.

14. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

The artist visa would allow you to work as an idol if you were sponsored by your agency. I don't imagine that'd be much of a problem - the procedure's pretty painless, and the cost would be irrelevantly small for a group like AKB48.

But! The biggest problem is probably that you need a real university degree for any Japanese visa. That's a government requirement. By the time you've finished your degree and you're 22 years old, you're probably too old to enter AKB48 anyway :D

15. Kianii

Kianii Kenkyuusei

こんにちは :3
    I would love to join AKB48 too but I live in europe :( . I can't pay the flight and I'm too young to be there on my own. But you and I, and everyone who thinks its impossible to join AKB48 should stay strong and never give up on your dreams. I live in Holland and i speak Japanese. But I don't have the monney to go to Japan... thats the only problem. anyway, good luck with your mission! And stay strong!

16. roxyakbbliss48

roxyakbbliss48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    sailorcadetR
    Same its my dream too join akb48 they should make chicago48,LosAngles48 and NYC48 i would totally audition immediately but i feel like its almost impossible too bring one:cry2: here

17. Kimi Kiyomi

Kimi Kiyomi Kenkyuusei

Hi I really do agree with you ! They should really bring the AKB48 auditions to both US and Canada. Partly why I agree is because US is pretty much a 2 hours away flight from me since I can't afford a plane ticket to Japan I've watched AKB48 since 2009 and honestly I fell inlove with the music, the dance and the group in general since all of them had different personalities and all. I always wanted to perform with AKB48 even as back vocals I really dont care as long as I'm known and I can get other girls to be like "Oh I want to be in AKB48 too!". To actually prove others wrong by being hispanic and getting to be on AKB48 is my dream. You have no idea how many times I've had people laugh in my face saying they won't even give me a second glace just cause I'm not Japanese or Korean, but like you said AKB48 girls never give up and I've already know 4 dance routines and I can speak and write in japanese so all I need is a chance to prove that I can be in AKB48 <3<3<3<3

18. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I honestly didn't expect people to be brave enough to admit to want to joining. I'm just going to say that it's pretty much impossible for a foreigner to enter, but then again so was landing on the moon. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

19. Carlee16

Carlee16 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    :shifty: konnichiwa. i really want to audition for AKB48 (>.<). but i don't know how. I already know how to speak Japanese and know how to sing it as well. Also i really want them to start a sister group in America. Is there any way i can audition?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  20. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

As a matter of fact, in a interview (I think not a while back), Aki-P said he has taken interest in either America or South America. They hope to expand in the next one or two years. Whether it's going to happen or where they plan to build the theater, we have no control.