Do you or someone you know want to join AKB48, but...

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by pau_pau_chan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. kirakira.kawaii

kirakira.kawaii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Okay, c'mon, give her a break with the Texas thing, will you? She doesn't live in the US, and even I, a lifelong US citizen, get states mixed up sometimes. It's an honest mistake, and only focusing on that just looks immature.

Look, I've chatted with Justice here for quite a while. And if I can tell you one thing, it's that she's done a ton of research on this sort of stuff. Wanting to do something like this, and really pursuing it, is not a bad thing. Following your dreams is not automatically naive. Is AKB not all about working hard and achieving your dreams anyway?

Honestly, your anti attitude does nothing good for AKB or for anyone else here. AKB started out as a risky concept anyway, and somehow it flourished. Management has tried many risky things, and pulled a lot off. If they decided to take another risk and bring in another foreign member, becuase we've all seen it happen before, would you really be all that surprised? Well, you might be, but that's only because you can't seem to look past your own preconceptions notions and prejudices.

Meanwhile, I will keep fighting, along with all the other girls that share this goal. Because there's absolutely no harm in trying.

2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I was giving my opinion. This is a forum and thats what we do here. Regardless, what you "think" was an "anti attitude" it was an opinion about her "actual" research knowledge. Justice on the other hand, her "know it all" attitude to people offering their advice/opinion is what made this worse than it should be. That "attitude" will not be respected. Have a good day.

3. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I don't want to get into any of these arguments, just a tip to anyone who wants to make it in Japan (showbiz or otherwise) - humbleness is key. A 'know-it-all' attitude, or 'I'm better than everyone else' attitude, is very looked down on in Japan from my experience (and I am a Japanese major, so I am in contact with Japanese culture and people a lot). This is not targeted at one specific person, and don't take it as an insult, just keep it in mind if you ever get to the point of dealing with Japanese people ;)

4. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    When you act hostile towards her, do you really expect to get the most respectful response back anyway?

I am also giving my opinion here. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't able to do that as well. Justice really has done her research, and lots of it. Just because she doesn't agree with the opinions of others and rather has her own counter-points, doesn't make her automatically a "know it all". Throwing around that term is pretty meaningless anyway, I think.

5. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

What are you talking about? :confused:

This conversation is meaningless. You can give you opinion as much as you want, and you can defend her till you turn blue in the face. Call us when she makes to AKB, if not... oh well, don't care anymore.

6. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    There's literally nothing wrong with her, with me, with any of us trying to achieve this. I just don't understand your problem with foreigners trying for it if you don't believe there's a chance anyway.

7. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Im a fan of the "girl from Texas" :awesome:

8. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Do you not think about anything else?? I confuse the birthplaces of my oshis too. It's an easy mistake.

9. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Thats why I "research"... :awesome:

10. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Has anyone heard anything else about the Mexican producers interested in the 48groups, though? I thought that was pretty promising; it at least shows some interest in a non-asian group from both the Japanese and western sides.

11. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    No I haven't!! Do you have any thing like links or anything related? I'm going to look around now!

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Lol that conversation was funny.. To be fair kirakira.kawaii....... nobodywil and waseda90 were only giving their opinions and actively trying to help Justice out. At least, that's what it looked like from my angle. Now, we all understand you guys want to be an idol and join AKB, even I have tried to research how I could possibly join the group, but the chances are ridiculously slim. Even slimmer if your not japanese, or if you're dark skinned, or can't speak fluent japanese, or have never been to japan before. That's literally me lol so trust me I understand however, you can't just cancel out what people are trying to tell you and pin it as anti attitude. They both gave tips and advice, the honest truth, and still wished Justice good luck. It's simply unfair to call them both out for saying what is literally the cold truth, because tbh if they didn't say it to you here, nobody will (i had to say it) and it would be a lot more painful to here if from AKS themselves (if they find the time of day to even reply).

13. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Thanks for bringing that back up after I actively tried to change topics. So helpful.

I understand that it's well-meaning advice, and I certainly appreciate it, but regardless, I choose to continue trying despite my chances, and I'm not fond of people thinking I'm wrong or stupid for continuing to try. So honestly, I will likely keep trying for this until I'm too old or can't for another reason, and if you think I'm stupid for attempting, then so be it.

I may have a slim chance now, but if I don't try at all, then I have absolutely no chance. So I'll keep trying for that small chance.

14. Justice Lawson

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria

I'm fine with being told it's not likely I have accepted it myself. I know for a fact that it's probably impossible for me to join. All I want it an international audition that's only for English speaking countries. They have done that before. That all I really thought a petition would help make. Now knowing about the chance of an AKB48 (like) group in Mexico was discussed then we aren't that far from getting a group ourselves.

I just want to get across to AKS that there is interest and a lot of it. I'm going to apply to every group I can but my final year of Highschool is ending so it's high time I choose to follow this and get a part time job, go to to college or join a modeling agency. (which is hard because I'm 5'5" not 5'7")

I want to be able to stand on that stage. One day I know I will even if it's just as a fan or staff member.

(That whole conversation before was stressful don't bring it up please. I'm personally sick of realists and pessimists because that's me in real life I don't need an Anti other than myself to tell me I'm going to fail.[not that your opinions aren't valid it's more of this thread was made to help not harm])

• Like Like x 1
  15. trxsh

trxsh Member

Waseda actually gave an extremely kind and insightful advice which was meant to help you; from her own experience as someone who went through the entire process and seemed to endured a lot of hardships only to be disappointed in the end. There wasn't anything remotely ''anti'' or even pessimistic about what they said. nobodywil's baiting was probably just a reaction to your random lashing out in response.
    And btw Hirari is Japanese. I.e., she has a Japanese parent and therefore can qualify for citizenship in Japan. She is not just some random American girl who sent in an audition video; from what I understand she had even attended school in Japan in between her American schooling.
    I think the only way I've even heard of a foreigner becoming an idol in Japan was by the web idol route pandering to gaijin fetishists, ala Dakota Ostrenga (aka Dakota Rose) or Becky Cruel so yeah there's that,
    Nobody is stopping you from sending in applications all you want though, and having a dream to shine on 48g stage etc

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  16. Justice Lawson

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    Ok I will state this now Yes Waseda did give me helpful information at the time of posting my reply to her I was frustrated. I do now see where she came from.

Hirari lived in the US at the time and I believe (could be wrong) has dual citizenship now. Probably is or has attended some Japanese school in her life. I do not know much about her as I do not follow her. With that said she was born in the US from what information I have. I believe her father is Caucasian (I could be wrong). That's all I know about her.

The internet gaijin idol is not who I want to be. I'm going to give myself a couple years work part time maybe do something in university before I quit. I would drop university and be an idol if I got accepted. (As bad as that sounds).

The points you make are correct. The Anti comment was not really for Waseda. On this site and this thread a lot of the posts not from girls wanting/wanted to join are people who are overly negitive. You will always miss 100% of the shots you never take!

With that said my family has sent in applications to agency's for me so by the end of this it may not matter for me. It does however matter for people like Kirakira.kawaii. Girls who want but just need that help. (Not saying their helpless just that I don't want to leave them to the Anti's this site does have).

I really hope you understand that this thread was made to help and the anti's on here are annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rensel

Rensel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  18. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    for the love of god please don't

19. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Honestly, why do you even look at this thread if all you're gonna do is be negative about it?

20. waseda90

waseda90 Kenkyuusei