Do you or someone you know want to join AKB48, but...

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by pau_pau_chan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Rensel

Rensel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    eee I was trying to be kinda cute about the FB Group for our new "USA48 Project". Yes, I'm serious. Yes I was nervous to post here, wasn't even sure if it was ok or for how long I should keep it up. ...Or what the response would be like.
    Simply ~ We know most 48 fans are not in favor of an foreign sister group of AKB48 forming here in america. We know why, we definitely know our limits. We do not have large resources. I did take the step of contacting AKS and have sent a few messages (previously about my fan club, 48O!) back and forth. Their answer to me about this project was ' We can't offer you any help at this time, we look forward to the day of being able to have an american sister group but it is not something we are working on at this time. However we encourage you to keep moving forward and spreading AKB48 in the west and look forward to see what you will build in the future"
    This project's goal right now is to start setting up a staff/group structure and community for sister groups here, to prepare ourselves in the hope of gaining fans and recognition to hopefully be able to receive licensing and official status or endorsement from AKB48.

I'm taking the big step of putting myself out there at the top of this project and being the one to run the sister groups here in the states, but also with the commitment and goal of becoming official and trying to take the correct path to do so. I've considered it for a long time, because I'm naming myself the person all the issues and questions come to, and it pretty much is going to take over my life. But I want to and already do spend my life enjoying and sharing the 48 group and doing all I can to keep their legacy and the music going. <3

We are working on putting up our own site as well. I guess as long as it's not a problem I will keep this post here and update when the site is ready. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Juri

Juri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    US!!!!!

3. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Please don't read if you're going to be sensitive about what I'm about to say (involves negative things) Please don't quote me nor direct me on this. I have no intention of fighting back and forth.

Having a dream about joining 48G is completely fine. Wanting to start your own petition is fine. I don't want to cursh y'all dreams but a sister group in the US is impossible. Telling AkiP to expand to the US is like telling Jpop to sell and promote in Korea. They are completely opposite genres of music and things work wayyyy differently. Trust me, I would LOVE a 48G in US but it's just not going to work. Not even the singles like Uza, Beginner, Escape, Must be Now, and etc. US is all about freedom and love ban?? You would be expecting to see scandals everyday.
    I don't remember who said that they are sending emails/mails/whatever-that-is but it's mostly likely going to be in the junk section. To put it in a more harsh way, they probably haven't even see it nor know about it. Therefore, all your work is going waste.

@nobodywil is coming back with his trolling (in a good way. Don't get me wrong [hehe]) and it's getting on the nerve of some people so much

Just a group that people created called "USA48 Project". Here's the description for the group: (Basically, not to be rude but, they're pretending to be staffs and trying to get acknowledged by AKS.
    Bonus just for you ;) (something that someone posted on the group)

4. waseda90

waseda90 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for that! You're doing the lord's work. (;
    You know, this is going to sound like it has no relation, but I'm hoping I can tie it together at the end...anyway!

So the past couple of weeks I've been busy getting my stuff together to apply for Nintendo as part of their 2017新卒 program. In addition to a 7-page ES (entry sheet which asks you things about every thing ranging from your childhood to who you are as a person today), I also had to take an online test for Japanese, Maths and English.
    I tried so hard to get it perfect and submitted it earlier. Then I just realised I didn't make it to the 説明会 held a few days ago because I'm not in the country right now. So now I have to hand write a letter to Nintendo and apologise for not being at the 説明会 and just hope it'll all be ok and I'll still be considered for an interview. This is *just* to pass for the first round interview btw.

So what I'd like to direct to the girl who said she's almost 18 and can set up a business meeting...no you can't. You don't have the first clue about how convoluted and difficult it is to connect with businesses in Japan, and I just want the people here who are pushing like crazy to force AKS into doing something will realise this.

I have no hate for anyone here and respect the fact you're all at least attempting to follow your dreams. But please take some time and learn about the intricacies of Japanese business manner otherwise you won't get anywhere.

5. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Wow, that's pretty embarrassing haha.

6. kirakira.kawaii

kirakira.kawaii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    To be fair, if you look at the post and posts after it, it was quite clear that a lot of people disagreed with what they said and were quite vocal about it. We know that's not gonna happen. It's not gonna work out like that, we know.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  7. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Preach. This whole thing feels very naïve.

8. Rensel

Rensel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hai hai! I know it's been a while since I checked this thread, been working hard. I have an Update. But I am going to address the past comments first :)
    First of all, thank you for having some interest. :) It's honestly been very exciting to connect and discuss with all the different fans and opinions over the past few months. A member of the FB group, let me know there was a "scuffle" on here. I don't consider this one and personally don't think anyone was negative or rude. The only reason I'm responding to the comments at all is because this is my project. Not everyone that is a member of the facebook group are people on the staff of the project itself. Our first step was to kinda proclaim "hey, we're serious about wanting to put our efforts toward this" and seeing what the reaction would be. It was a little open and free fallish at first, but I think it was a good process that shows everyones passion and made this project's staff really consider it's proper path at this time. As far that one members comment that was quoted, my feelings are the same as the ones on here and I let them know that. Also, just because it's true - i did not pretend to write AKB, i did. And I was happy to get a supportive and informative response back from one member of their staff who deals with outside tie-in questions - Nana Aso. I felt good to write, happy to be written back to and on record. I had no other delusions that Aki-P or anyone else would hear about us as a serious proposal or anything! :) I wrote to them out of respect and to put our name out there. I consider what I read here fair and supportive and thank you! :D

Ok ~ Project Update ----> http://www.usa50project.com/

:) We are starting our own Original National Idol Group here in the United States! USA50 Project! Inspired by and based off the Japanese Idol Group AKB48! We want to show what we have to offer and help bring the west into the Idol scene.
    USA50 Project will work like the 48Group. Representing and forming different music/idol groups in different cities all around the country. We are currently building our staff and infrastructure and are working hard to be able to start our 1st auditions this summer!
    In what state, what city will out first group form?
    NYC? Los Angeles? Chicago? Miami??
    If you'd like to help support this project or sign up to try out for our first auditions, let us know!!
    Our starting city will be the one that wants it the most!! Thank you, we are very excited to start running our own race alongside AKB48 and all their sister groups!

-------
    That's the word, there is a little more on the site.
    -Ren
    p.s. I'm not just talking about ideas, I have plans and a timeline and If I revealed them to everyone at the start, it wouldn't be any fun. :) <3

9. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

So... will people be "paid" for their talents and to be involved in this "project"?

10. Rensel

Rensel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    When it reaches a sales point yes, and before that expenses covered for girls.

11. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Welp, I hope you consult with a lawyer and have them on retainer. Good luck to you and your future business.

12. Rensel

Rensel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    We're good ;) Ty.

13. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Ok then, I'll take back my adVICE and I hope you have a VICE day. :flower:

14. Rensel

Rensel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thank you for it. I did that right? I do appreciate it. Why would you take it back? If i was unclear. I meant we are aware of what we need to do and are making sure we take to proper paths at the proper times and but yes thank you for making a good point and giving advice. :). I hope you have a nice day. :)

15. Matsui Hikari

So, I would like to add my tiny bit in there. That was a very formal and professional explanation and website explanation indeed. You can't deny that. However, we've got some issues that you need to address:
    -Unless you have all the money in the world and is going to pay the girls, that is fine. Another problem comes in promoting. If you are not aware, you have to go through all these connections in order to get your girls on a show. Therefore, especially if you're a new management, you'll need to pay them money to even CONSIDER putting your girls out there.
    -If Radical (something) didn't work, how do you expect your project to work?
    -Regarding songs, are you just going to buy songs? Or perhaps write songs. You do know that if you use 48G songs illegally, you'll be sued anytime.

FYI, only Team 8 is based on the concept of having one girl from each prefecture [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  16. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Honestly, if you really think Girl Radical is a good representation of how an American AKB48-inspired group should look, then you either don't know much about Girl Radical (probably, since you didn't even know the name), or you don't know much about AKB48. Even the producer of GR said that his whole idea came from AKB48 being an "army of girls", and I think we both know that there's much more to the 48 group concept then that. That lack of knowledge and bad approach would be why they failed.

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    What about GMT47? [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Matsui Hikari

Do you seriously think that someone with no management skill be better than someone that has at less some experience? I don't see the meaning behind this USA50. Their concept is not even "true" AKB either. The founder thinks that akb's concept is Team 8's (hence the name is 50 for 50 states)

19. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

So... does that mean an "American" car manufacturer may sponsor them in the future? [hehe]

20. kirakira.kawaii

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Yes, I absolutely do think she can do better even if she has less experience. We all start somewhere.