1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Do you speak Japanese?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Yuro, Jan 25, 2015.

?

Do you speak Japanese?

1. Yup

53.4%
  2. Nope

46.6%
  1. shizuna1992

shizuna1992 Kenkyuusei

If is watching variety show, I do understand without subtitle but I still need subtitle for drama D=

2. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I am taking Japanese at university but watching all those variety shows in raw made me much more fluent and knowledgable about slangs and non-academic Japanese than any classmates or even sensei. Thanks AKB...

3. Hedoko Akina

Hedoko Akina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Every so often I'll catch a word that I know and get all happy.
    but I'm far, far from having a conversation or watching my favorite drama without the subs.

I do plan to go to japan one day and attend language school.
    currantly saving up money.
    Maybe I'll attend a AKB concert while I'm there.

HAHA it's not even maybe! XD

Life goals :^^;:

4. ET920

ET920 Member

I understand most of what they say, over 80% for sure. But there are shows and shows. Variety vocabulary is pretty simple (maybe less than 500 words) so once you understand one episode of AKBINGO! you will understand most of them (except the interview ones). They are idols, they won't suddenly start talking about nuclear energy. But others are more complex. Naruhodo, Suiensaa, Koko Koza, Manabukun, etc, are much harder, since they switch topics every episode and they might include very specific vocabulary you can't find anywhere else.

Passed N3 twice, going to try N2 this December.

5. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Nope. Terrible less.

6. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    This is basically my level of understanding. I learned a lot considering I knew nothing but a few Japanese words before watching variety shows and have never studied Japanese. Now I know a lot of basic words and phrases, and how to use them depending on the context. It kind of snuck up on me actually. I watch unsubbed variety shows and after a while you just realize you don't have to try to pick out words anymore, it comes naturally.

I had a funny moment like that just the other day, when I was watching some of the FNS 27 hour special and a kids cartoon came on, so I watched it, waiting for the Mechaike bit to come back, and it must have been at least 20-30min but I kept watching and it suddenly hit me that I understood everything just like it was in English.

Sometimes I even get ahead of conversations now, thinking what someone's response will be in Japanese before they say it. :D

7. roxyakbbliss48

roxyakbbliss48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    sailorcadetR
    I speak the basics

8. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Forgot if I replied in here (I think I did), but basically I'm reviewing everything in my Japanese textbooks right now. Everything still comes out of my head when I try to study Japanese by myself though!

I need a study buddy.

9. SaltyGekikara

SaltyGekikara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I've been semi actively studying Japanese for several years now and have basic writing and speaking skills. I still need to practise my kanji, I know about 200 but to be able to read basic text I need to know a lot more. I know hiragana and katakana well though.

10. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I just started studying about a month ago! For now i only know some basic words and sentences and for hiragana i can only read あ、い、う、え、お、か、き、し、す、に、の、ゆ、and ん

11. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Si

5年間前に勉強を始めて、よく読解と文法が進めるけど、まだ会話力だし…があまり上手じゃない。でもさ、去年日本に行って、留学生になって、会話力が進んでいた。いつか日本に住みたいので、一生懸命勉強をし続けている。すぐにJLPTを受けるつもりだ。

I'm still learning, so this might be wrong, but oh, well. :^^;: