1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD DOCUMENTARY of NMB48: Dotonbori yo, Nakasetekure (2016/01/29)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 14, 2014.

1. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

That song is beyond terrible. I get what they were trying to do, but it fell flat. Sayanee didn't do too well either, but maybe she's just not used to the song yet, her pitch was all over the place at the start of the song. I felt bad for Keicchi being left out (I understand why they cut Akarin) but now I don't, this song just sucks. I hope the studio version sounds better.

2. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Good lord

The song is a downgraded ripoff version of Lily, and Lily was a trainwreck. Just plain horrible.

That documentary senbatsu is horrible
    Once again it's Sayanee and friends, the documentary is for the whole group while the song is literally Sayanee's solo song considering she sings solo the most important parts (first verse, first chorus and last chorus) which is exactly how the song will be performed on RH for example, unless it gets 1,2 or 3rd place.
    Like they have a freaking 8 people senbatsu, less than MBN senbatsu and they still can only give one girl the spotlight.

And people say SKE is more dependent on one girl. The documentary song from SKE includes all the 1-3 gens, plus transfers, and prominent girls from later gens

This is even worse than Akb usual 16-nin documentary songs senbatsus. This is suppose to celebrate NMB 's journey not Sayaka and her backup dancers' again. And like they kick out Keicchi and Akarin??? I have no words.

I'm very disappointed considering I usually LOVE documentary songs

Not to mention the song sucks

3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Hmmm no?
    When I hear documentary song, I actually prepared for a flat, trainwreck song. Because documentary song was always a background sound.
    And I simply didn't expect "Hajimete No Hoshi" level song, or equal line distribution in the first place. Studio version should be better, I hear a faint instrument sound, somehow. And the video didn't do justice at all.

At least, we know top 8 of NMB48 this time.

4. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Documentary songs used to be great. Shoujotachi yo and First Rabbit are some of AKB's best songs, they get performed in concerts all the time. Nogizaka's Kanashimi no wasurekata is a beautiful mid tempo ballad with lovely lyrics. I get that they were trying to recreate the typical Osaka music (kind of like what they did with Hoshokushatachi yo) but this song has basically no melody, Sayanee's pitch is all over the place and there's no excuse for their frank shafting of everyone that is not Sayanee and in a smaller degree, Milky, especially with a senbatsu this small.

I understand that Sayanee IS NMB's face much more than any other ace of any other group, but this is becoming ridiculous. And I love Sayanee, she's like in my top 3, hell, maybe top 2 even. This is obviously not her fault and she's trying her best, but I can't agree with this strategy. They should use Sayanee's visibility and high profile to attract people to the group so they can find another girl that piques their interest, not just make this the Sayanee solo show.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trxsh

trxsh Member

I can't believe the entire first 2 minutes of that song was Sayaka singing solo with seven back-up dancers flailing around behind her

• Like Like x 1
  6. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I was gonna say Jurina is more SKE's face than Sayaka in NMB's, but then I guess Jurina's basically just an AKB member who appears with SKE whenever there's a new single for her center, so I suppose that's right. Granted, Sayaka's more distanced from NMB these days, but I'd still like to think she's more involved.

7. trxsh

trxsh Member

Well I didn't mean it as a diss to the group and I know it's not Sayaka's fault, but I do think they (those in charge) could have done that a bit more tastefully
    I mean in addition to the poster and all :/ no disrespect though really

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    This is exactly what I thought, it looked so goofy.

I think I actually like the song though. Not the performance, that was hilariously awful and a bit hard to stomach. Maybe it wasn't the best day for Sayaka, but that choreography also looks silly.

I wouldn't stress too hard about it being the Sayaka show. It's not a new single, right?

9. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    SKE had a bigass senbatsu for their documentary song but NMB only include 8 (hey, atleast Yuuri's in! Yay!) and it's 2+ minutes of Sayanee solo with backdancers waving their hands around

10. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Just realized, we all complaining about Sayanee show. But no one point out that this is song for the documentary movie. Why the heck there's a choreography doing here?

11. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    What do you mean? Shojotachi yo, First Rabbit, After Rain are documentary theme songs and they have choreography too

12. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

The question might be why the hell does this gloomy ballad have such a silly choreography of hand waving and flailing around? But I don't think we'll have an answer for that ever.

13. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    It's like the awkward 'ballerina' dancing in Doga to Ballerina's verses lol

14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Yeah, I figured so.:^^;: Like every 48G documentaries before, only time will tell the significance of the choreo lol

15. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Don't compare the perfect Doga to Ballerina to this song. :asdfgh:

They should've made this song a SayaMilky duet so everyone could've swooned over it. :awesome:
    Btw, did I ever mention how nice FuuMiru sound when they sing together? Their voices blend well.

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    omg "Lily". It's possibly NMB's worst song lol. And yea, NMB's management relies too much on Sayaka. It's unfortunate. I don't even know why Sayaka hasn't been given a solo-debut...like MBN was really just Sayaka+back-up lol.

The song isn't that bad actually. It gets better when Milky starts singing, but Sayaka's solo at the beginning was totally off and made the song sound weird. It's totally possible she wasn't prepared. but it did leave a bad impression.

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

lol at the song but hey at least Yuuri is there. I'm expecting Riripon's counterpart position for her in the next single

18. Minchi

Minchi Kenkyuusei

Well, of course. Sayaka was the only one who sang it live. The other girls didn't even sing it live. So obviously she was the only one off there

The song wasn't that bad imo, though the (back dancer) choreography and over 2 min Sayaka-solo looks so ridiculous.
    But i'm happy for Yuuri, it's obvious now that management is trying to make Yuuri/Riripon a thing

19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    When i watched the trailer i saw Murokana, Shimarena (i think) and Sakippi/Chuba (i can't tell them apart). So i hope they'll cover Keira & Yuipon's graduation. And Aina's graduation and Yui's kennin will probably be heavily featured

20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Dear god....please don't let this be the cover... it bothers me so much