TV / Radio [DRAMA] Himitsu (2013/08/24)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by DreamingPebbles, Aug 23, 2013.

1. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    [​IMG]

Himitsu

Date and Time: August 24, 2013, 3:00 p.m. JST
    Starring: Anai Chihiro, Ota Aika, Miyawaki Sakura, and Tani Marika
    Official Website: http://www.fbs.co.jp/hkt48/

Story

The Drama Club of the Nasumi Private Girl's High School in Fukuoka

Worried about bringing the scattered club members together by herself, club president Nozomi (Anai Chihiro) presents her resignation to the advisor, but is talked into reconsidering it.

Club member Rika (Ota Aika) is selfish and too proud; Mari (Miyawaki Sakura) is not independent; and Tomomi (Tani Marika) is a lonely person who is revolting against her mother getting a new boyfriend.

Nozomi talks to the club members about the programme for their regular performance, but as always they cannot reach an agreement. However, during the conversations, it becomes clear that they all love theater and that giving up is impossible. So Nozomi decides to write a script.

At the same time, Nozomi starts harboring doubts on whether her parents are really her parents.

Finally Nozomi decides on the title "Secrets With No Way Out" for her script. The theme is that everyone keeps one or two secrets.

The day of the performance, on the stage, love, parent-child relationship, conflicts and jealousy between friends, family... The secrets that the club members kept until now are revealed.

Among all that, what will become of each secret revealed and of the drama club?

2. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    is it full episode drama type or just a single episode drama? i don't really get it.
    i don't know why this drama just bring 4 members and they can't be said as HKT's face like haruppi, sakura, meru, mio or sasshi and rabutan. but i hope this drama will as unique as tsuna girls :lol:

3. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

It's a TV movie, not part of Fall Season drama, Fall Season drama doesn't start until late next month at the earliest.

It's part of the 24 Hours Television Marathon that NTV and it's affiliates do every year, similar to Fuji TV's FNS 27 Hour.

FBS is part of NTV's network affiliate in Fukuoka so they have their own 24 Live TV. This is one of the corner.

Preview:

[youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAwMjE2ODI4.html[/youku]

4. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    i just wait for someone to sub this drama. :awesome:

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i have watched the drama, with the goal to watch the improvement of the girls in term of acting. For those who don't know, it's not their first drama so far, and Anai Kyappu also starred in "Tsundere, Ashita no yell" (or something). Since the first drama didn't disappointed me, i decided to see "himitsu" as well.

Few questions crossed my mind, like how the cast is decided. But my guess is that there's auditions and the girls are actually chosen by their capability and their proximity to their character.

The story is really basic ; OK for the whole part, touching in some moments, but nothing transcending. The most interesting part is how the girls manage to pull credible acting. So i will focus on our 4 actress "in devenir"

- Lovetan (Ota aika) : i really have to admit, she is really good at being the "mean" or/and Tsundere girl. I think it's like Jurina; she is really good at acting when it comes to play her own character. She is doing is job, and she is doing it well. Lovetan always present herself as someone experienced so i'm not surprised that she did well. I got also impressed by her being teary at the last part of the drama, proving she can pull off some trick that even confirmed actor have a hard time with. Still, this character was a safe bet for her so i don't think it proves something like an "improvement", but more like a "confirmation". She still over-acting in some part, but nothing too big.

- Sakuratan (Miyawaki Sakura) : I will stay objective about it, Miyawaki was the weakest of the 4. Not because she had the character with the less screentime, but because her reaction were mostly off-timing and exaggerated. Of course she is an idol, and considering she didn't got lesson in acting she did a great job. Sakuratan is good at MC and at being funny during variety show (mostly being herself so it's easy) but acting field is scripted and need to ajustement. Maybe that's why she is better fit in variety than in acting, which need restriction, while variety doesn't. But it's not said she can't pursue in acting. Her capacity of improvement is still huge.

- Kyappu (Anai Chihiro) : 2 lead roles in a drama already? Is there something i missed that current producers have noticed in her being good at acting? Anyway, being lead role before, she is the one i was expecting the most to make progress. After watching this, i think she improved. A slight better in her reaction, but still a good act. i remarked same flaw as the previous drama , exagerrating her acting from time to time (when she is laughing it doesn't sound it natural). But what win me over her is her last speech when she get face to face to the camera. She look adorable and glowing. Anai fans must be proud of her and i wish her to continue this way. She got potential and a lot of room to improve her flaws.

- Tani marika : I think you guys got it, i reserved the best for the last. Marika made me speechless in her acting. This girl got talent. I can't believe how much interesting girls the second generation of HKT48 has right now. Not only Meru/Mio combi, but also Okapan, Naopon, Izumi, raira, Yuka, and especially marika. Prettiness wise she is not my favourite but i acknowledge her personnality, her MC skill and now her acting skill. Is it safe to say this girl is gifted, transmitting her positive energy to everyone? When Murashige failed at getting the right timing to be funny, Tani marika excels in adapting to the mood ; and it was clearly proven by her nozomi character, make it almost natural.

Props to her and i have no doubt she was chosen not because management wanted to push her but really because she is really capable. Looking forward her next work in variety and acting.

PS : we really needs this drama to be subbed like the previous one. otherwise...

[​IMG]

6. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I always love watching 48 Group dramas!

This looks really nice. From what I can tell from the preview, Lovetan's acting has improved heaps since Majisuka Gakuen. I'm also looking forward to seeing Tani Marika's performance. She has caught my attention recently.

7. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Just finished watching this, so here are a few comments.

First of all, even though Chihiron plays the lead character, Tani is the biggest star here. It's almost shocking to watch her playing a shy and quiet character after we got used to her loud public persona, but she rises up to the challenge and delivers a very convincing performance. I specially liked the way she kept squeezing her skirt all the time. It's a tiny gesture but it conveys so well her character's anxiety.

The other three actresses were good too, but less than Tani. I thought Lovetan wasn't very convincing overall, she seemed to be exaggerating her "tsundereness" a little. But she did well on the climax scene. Kyappu and Sakura were very good (except for Kyappu's ultra-fake laughter at the beginning). I think these two have a similar acting style, that is very subtle and relying on very small gestures to convey emotion, while Tani and Lovetan use broader gestures and expressions.

Aside from the actresses, I felt the directing was a bit sloppy, specially in terms of actor positioning and movement. In fact this drama looks like it was filmed in a hurry (which it probably was, due to the girls' hectic schedule). As for the story, I thought it had potential, but it's too complex for a one-off special. There are too many plots going on and trying to solve them all in just one hour makes me feel a little disconnected from the characters and the action. This would be a good story for a running series though.

Sakura was in a "musical school" (ie a school that prepared kids to act in musical plays), so I assume she had acting lessons there. I didn't think her acting was that bad really. I would rank Lovetan as the weakest of the four.

PS: That Lovetan GIF is great. :lol:

8. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Just watched it... understood what was going on for the most part. I thought all the girls did very well... like when they were arguing and stuff... it felt real enough to me.

If I had to pick the weakest... it would be Lovetan, but only because I think she had the most complex role of the 4 to navigate through... playing the mean girl isn't easy IMO. I thought Sakuratan was fine, but her character was kinda meh. Also, I know it is kinda late in the game to notice these things... but she has big ears. :XD: I thought Kyappu was great also, but her character was also kinda meh.

I agree with everyone that Tani was the standout... and IMO not particularly because of her acting skillz or anything... it is just that she has that extra... whatever you call it... that gives her onscreen performance an added dimension. She has this natural onscreen depth that draws you in... you really notice it in the quieter scenes when it is just her and the camera... there is an extra layer of vulnerability and complexity there in her performance. I don't know if that is something you can learn or not... but she definitely has it IMO. [clap]

9. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

If anyone wants it, before it goes down, the full thing
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4kf2zXLF0[/yt]

10. support

support Kenkyuusei

I've noticed Tani Marika ever since Rena picked her as her oshi, since then she just continues to impress me. I think it's definitely her expressions and her really unique face. It helps that we are so used to her goofy persona that when she's playing her character it 'feels' like legitimate acting.

As for the story...they really skipped over Sakura's bit. I wasn't convinced why she did what she did by the show's end and why the guys seem absolutely fine with it. I mean, I can derive her motivations: something to do with standing out from ota. But they didn't present it very well so it just felt random because I didn't realize Sakura had any issues with Ota. She wasn't a bad actress per say, she just had the most vague script and she wasn't a particularly exceptional actress (which is expected of a newbie). Still, props to her for playing something unexpected i.e. a player even if it felt a little awkward at points because she really didn't look the part

Ota definitely had the laziest role in that she was playing herself most of the time. Her daddy issues felt a bit forced into the script but to a degree where it's acceptable to me. I wasn't very impressed because she didn't show me anything new, unexpected or indicated she had any further depth within acting. Sakura a least showed me a side I wouldn't expect of her even if I wasn't totally convinced by it. I have to say Ota's tears looked really fake to me in the end...On a positive note there was a moment

Chihiro's a sweety and very cute, but her role is imo one that can make most girls look good if they aren't a piece of wood. It was the most well written of course since it was the lead role and has several moments of the character looking pensive without speaking which is easy to do with minimal effort. Even so she looked fine and did shine at the end especially with a very nicely written speech.

Tani Marika definitely stood out and you can tell she has an extra something in her eyes, facial expressions, movement and dialogue that merely a good script cannot account for. Whilst I'm not sure how good Chihiro's acting is and unsure how much of it is attributed to having a decent script, Tani has stood out enough for me to think 'yup. It's the girl and not the script.' I'm not saying she's the best actress that there ever was and she probably wasn't perfect, but to my eyes she was thebest relatively speaking, even if she did have the second best script with the whole mummy issues and rebellion.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is...

Ota had an unchallenging script, Sakura had a rubbish one and couldn't overcome it with her current skills, Chihiro was fine with some highlights, partly attributed to the best script of the lot and Tani had a good script and shone with it. I heart that girl, she just has the right face to do comedy and seriousness at the same time. The giant grin makes her a doofus but the pale skin combined with those deer like eyes can give a striking and emotional look very well.

By the way, is it certain that they were picked through auditions and are there any other special episodes with other members? Although these girls are part of the promoted members, they are definitely not the main prioritised members (apart from Sakura), so I'm surprised they were chosen if not from auditions

11. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I felt Love-tan played her character good enough make us dislike Rika and so, for that, it was a success. As for the comment that she is playing something close to herself, well I'm sure she's a shy and sweet person under her tsun-tsun persona. If she continues to play these "villain" fans may start to think she is really like that. But then that may not be a bad thing 'cause it worked out well for Itano Tomomi and her cold character she often portrayed on screen and in dramas.

Sakura's character was real surprise. I like the twist at that point. Tani and Anai-Capt and well on their way to becoming legit actresses. I like how they always feature anai in these short dramas, I hope they continue to make more.

12. support

support Kenkyuusei

Sorry I meant playing her tsundere character that she already makes a show of. Of course I'm not saying she's mean.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Thanks to the sub team GUILD48 (indonesian) who have subbed the whole show!

you can watch here

14. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    NP, that was an oshi moment for my part. But tbh I do remember she had some understandably bitter comment after she failed to be chosen for seiyu senbatsu for AKB0048. This actually did remind me of her Rika chara for the drama. Lovetan early stated goal in AKB48 was to be anime v.a. and when she failed at the open audition for the anime she posted (and I can't find the original post) something like the producers where looking for non-idol types even though her bff and idol of idols mayuyu was chosen.

15. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

I loved this drama, it was really sweet. Chihiro's acting is pretty good

16. MelonMeru

MelonMeru Kenkyuusei

I don't see it but I'm sad because Meru isn't ☂
    It will be cool if whe have a Drama with Meru and Mio ! o(^▽^)o

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So I just watched this special drama! I'm glad that I could find it subbed (you can watch it here). it's been so long and I wish I saw it earlier but better late than never, it was nice seeing these members again and they were so young, so nostalgic! especially for Sakura! They all did well. I like this type of story, something simple. I'll write my opinions under spoiler!

Actually the reason I watched this drama is for Sakura since it's one of her dramas that I didn't see yet, but it turns out that she has the least screentime and less focus on her role, I'm still happy that she was part of this drama though! About her story, they didn't show enough to understand her situation and the fact that she dated 2 boys, I guess the one she really liked is the first one who she talked about movies etc. But she dated the other one because she didn't want Lovetan to be with him. We learn in the end that Lovetan saved her from being bullied before, but that Sakura had something against her but it's not clear, this could have been a good story if this was a real drama with more episodes, sadly here we really didn't get a lot of details. well in the end Sakura manage to still be with the boy that she liked so it's positive for her (again it would have been better if we had more scenes to know why she liked the boy and why he forgives her). Anyway, I want to say that she looks just adorable, too cute! This made me nostalgic because I first started liking Sakura when she looked like she does in this drama. So cute!

Now for the lead role, Chihiro! She looks good, and her story was good too, it's interesting the way that she learned the truth about her parents not being her real parents by finding the newspaper of her birth date, though that article about the story had so many details, even the job of the mom LOL I guess they couldn't leave a doubt since the drama is short and Chihiro has to be sure of the truth right away. I like how her story ended and what she said to her parents, and the whole thing about her name meaning "hope", it was a nice and touching ending. I think Chihiro is suitable for this role and she did well.

For Lovetan, she played the evil role with a bad personnality so it was difficult to like her, but I guess it means that she did good at playing her role! especially with how she didn't like Tani for being better actress and more successful than her. I guess if I was desperate to be actress and they suddenly decided to take my friend instead, I might feel a bit jealous too XD but not to the point of spreading those rumors (actually I initially thought that the rumor was true, this would have been interesting if Tani's father was really in prison, but the drama is too short to have these details). Anyway I knew that this situation would happen when she asked Tani to go with her to the audition (honestly I thought she wouldn't even ask her considering that in the previous scene, those boys said that they wanted to work with Tani and Lovetan was already jealous). I think overall her role wasn't easy to do and she did well.

Lastly Tani, I think she did very good with her role, it feels natural, she made good expressions. and her story was good too, with a positive ending. it's true that this is different than her real self so that's what makes it more interesting and nice to see her playing this role!

Like I said earlier, I like this drama because it's a normal and realistic story and that's the kind of drama that I enjoy! I liked in the end when they were on stage and Chihiro decided to make them say their real secrets and how everything ended well for every girl. For such a short drama, it was pretty good!