[DRAMA] Sakura kara no Tegami (2/26~3/6)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Jan 12, 2011.

1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

yup, it was her, I was just quoting off the top of my mind. XD

Anyway, about today's episode:
    remember when I ranted in the GL thread that the Saemayu story would be handed poorly? well this was below my already low expectations. T_________T. It was all too quick and pointless and, well, the usual stuff that it's okay to be attracted by girls but you'll eventually find a man and come back on the ~*right path*~. To which I respond with a loud FUCK OFF. =_=

Also, Yuko's problem was dealed with super quickly. ANGST ANGST I'M FULL OF DOUBTS! *20 seconds of talk with mom* I HAVE NO DOUBTS ANYMORE I'LL DO BOTH YEEEEH! what.

2. azury

azury Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3yQp93gIL4[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEGvwVgHLqQ[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKpCoCDWsn0[/yt]

3. Kokoro

Kokoro Kenkyuusei

I wasn't sure what to think about the drama after the 1st ep, but I was interested. After ep 2-4, I was like "Hmm, ok. But it will get better!". And now I just think it is, well, meh. The plot is ill-conceived, and the BGM...I was able to ignore it up until now, but this time I was really annoyed.
    Especially about Wagamama na Nagareboshi and all those sudden cuts.

4. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    My god...finally finished the first few episodes in one go...

WTF is wrong with the background music?? The worst part was "Beginner" playing when Huruna gets pregnant! Like, seriously, you can't even choose one good song out of 300+? And the whole drama doesn't have to be all AKB songs like a freaking music catalogue....it really ruins it for me.

Otherwise, I don't see the same complaints as others on acting and also storyline. It's less than 10 minutes per episode...you can't expect some complex story arc, or even it dealing with deep issues. But typical high schooler attitudes and problems were displayed well through the various characters.

I have to say my favorite so far is Yukirin's arc. Her story is the most sensible and convincing one so far, and I am looking forward to her friendship with Kitarie and both of them developing more confidence in themselves. Yukirin's quite good in the role. The most disappointing one was Yuko's. Her acting is great but I don't see how her problem will be gone because of some reassurance from mum. IT's not like now she'll get 48 hours a day to study and play lacrosse (and go to America)...

The arc which we all looked forward to...Saemayu's...how should I say this...is so not what's expected. I thought they are doing a controversial storyline, but it's typical "now I have a boyfriend, I don't have time for my friend anymore..."

SAE'S a BITCH.
    Even if Mayu's not in love with her, it's just really hurtful for a friend to suddenly turn her back on you. Since they are so close in the beginning, it's not like Mayu was the only dependent one. If I were Mayu, I would just do exactly what she does to piss Sae off. Sorry GL fans, I'm not positive that they will even deal with any L elements here. It's a pure friendship/jealousy story. They MISLED us with the frigging kiss scene.

5. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

THIS. THIS SFM. EVERY WORD YOU SAID.

6. Kokoro

Kokoro Kenkyuusei

That is exactly the problem. They open too many arcs for the short time...

7. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    LOL wtheck they repeated the kiss scene like 3-4 times alone in just that short 1 1/2 min :D Haven't started on this series yet because I'm waiting for subs and I'm not reading spoilers in the meantime, but hopefully the series picks up based on how people say they've been disappointed? I thought Majisuka Gakuen was pretty boring for the first few episodes when it was "Random Enemy of the Week" but then it all tied in together with Rappapa and everything in the end, so then it was awesome. Not sure if this can happen based on the format of Sakura kara no Tegami, but at least the plots sound pretty good.......c'mon, subs! :drool:

8. Amplifier

Amplifier Kenkyuusei

Sae :angry:

Felt really bad for Mayu, but the ending was.. Hoping the show picks up a little more, at any rate.

9. bear107

bear107 Kenkyuusei

I feel like that dude is gonna say yes to Mayu. That would be a great way to get back at Sae :mrgreen:

10. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Someone can up again cap. 5, I can´t wacht it because youtube said me that it is private video. :cry:

11. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

First of all

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

YUKO. It's because she CAN'T do both things at once, that's why she was doing them both half-heartedly. Just telling her to "try harder" isn't going to fix things. WHAT? :fp: Really what was the point of this story?

And Christ, someone fire the BGM guy, I've never heard such terrible cuts. 1 minute into the drama and we had 3 songs. The Wagamama Nagareboshi cut was SO badly done I actually facepalmed for the first time while watching this drama.

Now that that's out of the way
    Fuck you Sae. Seriously. How dare you hurt my bb [flip]

Anyways that MayuSae segment evoked the most emotion out of me during the whole drama so far, so I guess that's good? It's not boring, so whatever. Mayu could have done the crying at the end better though >_>

The opening of this segment was kinda nice though with FIRST LOVE playing... until we got trolled.

I'm still only watching it for the girls though, so I can still enjoy it. From the previews it might pick up next week, but I really doubt it. ugh :fp:

12. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

I'm surprised people are actually giving Sae's character so much flak when she's acting...well, like a regular person. Mayuyu is the creepy, over-needy friend here and is the one with the problem.

13. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

She just tossed away her best friend for a boy who she just met on the streets. No matter how needy Mayu is, that's not particularly the nicest thing to do. =/

14. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

It's only been maybe 2 days. It's as though Sae's not allowed to spend time with someone else without Mayuyu around.

This is called cockblocking, and I think the guy needs a friend to grenade Mayuyu. (whether he's a good guy or not is irrelevant, because Mayuyu doesn't care about that)

15. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    Well, no.
    If Sae was honest with Mayu, it'd be another story. But wouldn't you be hurt if your best friend, who you always spend all your time together and are very close with, completely changes overnight without any apparent reason and starts being colder to you than to other acquaintances? I think Mayu has every right to be pissed. And I say it as a Sae oshi, btw

By the way, use the spoiler tags since I think there's people who don't want to be spoiled?

16. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

Okay. Time for me to say my opinions about this drama

Rant
    FIRE SOMEONE WHO IS WORKING WITH BGM ALREADY :angry: :angry:
    Seriously, I've had with annoying BGM's coming out of nowhere
    So many of them in such a little time, and also they don't even match with situations.
    I mean come on.....Wagamama no Nagareboshi for Yuko's situation? :fp: :fp: :fp:

Story
    I like how most of members acting got really better than Majisuka.
    Especially Miichan. I was impressed during the scenes when she got angry at Yuko.
    Man....those scenes actually scared the crap out of me. :XD: :XD:
    Also, Sae's great acting actually made me hate her during the episode with her and Mayu :^^;:
    I also like how more members got lines to say....like Oku....
    and how each episode got to focus on one single member.....nice choice imo
    So overall, I like this drama so far. Can't wait to see how other members story will ben :)

17. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

Well, they probably shouldn't even come into this thread if they don't want to be spoiled, but alright.

Seems like a perverted sense of friendship. Just because you're best friends doesn't mean you are obliged to tell the other anything. Sae probably felt Mayuyu wouldn't take it very well so she kept quiet, and it seems she had good reason not to. The fact that people are going "YEAH, Mayuyu should totally ruin any chance Sae had with the guy! Serves her right" is like whaaaaaaaaaaat?

18. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

No one's cheering Mayu on, it's just Sae was being a bitch.

Think about it, they spend every day doing everything together, and they also talk about how boys are disgusting and everything. Then suddenly, without any warning, Sae just starts ignoring Mayu and hanging out with other girls and Kimura Ryo. It's not that she feels Mayu can't handle the truth, she's actually avoiding her, even saying they can't go to school together anymore without giving her any explanation.

Mayu had no idea what was going on, and in her eyes, she sees that Sae betrayed her for the guy. Obviously she's out of hand too, but it's still a fact that Sae was being a bitch (whether she intended to or not)

Just the way it was portrayed, Mayu's character is much more sympathetic than Sae's at this moment.

19. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

It didn't really seem like she was ignoring Mayuyu, although she definitely didn't spend as much time with her. But again, it was only like 2 days and she just began dating the guy, so of course she'd want to spend more time with him.

The age is a factor to me as well. They're supposed to be 17/18, and for them to still be that attached/needy is ridiculous. They're pushing the stereotype too far for Mayuyu and frankly she annoyed me more than Sae. And I don't even like Sae. The main characters are all supposed to be "problem children", so I guess the director did a good job making me not like them.

20. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

Rating
    2/26土 *6.9%
    2/27日 *7.9%
    very good for midnight drama (normally 3-5%)