1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio (Drama) "Sam no Koto" (20/03/20 to 20/03/28) & "Saru ni Au" (20/04/10 to 20/04/18)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by MasToppu, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    That was the best thing I've seen Nogizaka-chan in. I like. Looking forward to the subs.

2. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

So the each episodes will tell us from the four character pov? Tsutsui obviously on kakehashi's arc but I wonder yakubo the karaoke staff whereabout later or she indeed leading as kind of culprit.
    It seems the drama has uplifting theme underneath its gloomy atmosphere, how the deceased one filled and affected lives of other characters--or im just plain wrong grasp this eps roughly, later sum up about who sam really is for them, reflected as their self-discovery.
    The approach that i usually like where the camera just sit still and everyone just give their best natural impression, which i think generally they still can improve it, but good job, nonetheless.
    Seira subtlety on expression just splendid.
    It will add more challenges to her imo if the character doesnt break the 4th wall but i guess they want to make it narrate like first pov, which more unique rather than the usual narration in the background, while doesn't complicated the audiences to read the story.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  3. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Ohhh, that was interesting. Looking forward to subs whenever they come, but I'll watch through without them regardless.
    • I don't watch much TV anymore, but is this style of 4th wall-breaking, direct narration common in modern dramas? With Seira's character's soliloquies, it has the tone of a stageplay rather than a TV show. I like it. Will the other characters' stories be told in this way, too?
    • I also agree with @theobserver and @cantankerous that Seira is superb. She seems like a natural actress. Just the right amount of emotion and expression. There's a neat moment during the scene where Sam is explaining to Ari, and Ari again grabs her shoulder where Sumi had touched her. I wonder if it was an ad-lib or direction, because it's not emphasized by the camera. Either way, it's a great little expression.
    • I also really liked the long scene where they just toast and talk with no cuts. So nicely framed, and shows a little bit of their characters. For whatever reason, it's one of those shots that just looks perfect, where the production team just nods and goes, "yeah, nailed it." It's the kind of scene that people analyze for a film studies class.
    • Manatsu-P :lol: I dunno why, but it's funny seeing her here.
    • "I see..." is a great song. Though it's a bit jarring to hear after the episode's soundtrack was exclusively lofi beats, but it works nicely as a preview/credits song, and as the theme for the show.
    Can't wait for the next episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Oricon interview

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  5. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I agree with Seira acting.
    When she tried to touch then hold Yan-chan hand while she is sleeping, I can see Seira is also breathing heavily. Just like facing something that skips her heart a beat. It looks so natural and believable.
    Saku kiss Yanchan is something I wasn't expected. So, it surprised me a bit.
    The scene I really like is when they argued about Heaven thing. :D
    From the 1st episode, I can say, this drama is (going to be) waaayy better than Hatsu bemars and Zambie. At least, it matches my taste.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    for this kind of genre, the style is not very common. but they use similar style quite a bit in comedy. and i think it will also be the case for the other episodes as well.

i'm actually quite surprise that they went for this style for the drama, i was expecting more of a sherlock type of mystery drama, but i don't mind it at all. the drama look very solid and well made even though it looks like it was made on a tighter budget.

and since everyone is talking about Seira's acting on the 1st episode, i'll talk about it a bit here. i'm pleasantly surprised how good her acting is in front of a camera. she doesn't seem to have the same problem that a lot of stage actors/actresses has when it comes to acting for the camera, which is over acting (even Ikuchan is guilty of this). she seems comfortable with her role (which is already a pretty difficult role anyway), her expression and gesture looks really natural, and her tone and intonation is spot on. its not really something you can teach, she just have a natural talent to act.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

i think it's more like quite well known? or nothing new of a style rather than commonly used, especially as delta just said it's more usual to use in comedy, and sometime arthouse. also, I believe I saw(not big tv watcher either) it more prevalent in the form of movies rather than tv drama(serial). the common thing is the character narrated the story in the background(inner monologue) or just goes without narration.

yup, can't agree more. I believe it still under the director's guidance but i'll not surprise if he just let Seira interpreted the scene.
    if we observe that table scene we can see Seira busying herself while kakehashi's talk about sakura's brother. while the other more attentively listened and respond, she like picking up tissue, wiping her hand, taking something like idk while actually still keeping her attention but in distance. this like emphasized her state of emotion, that little detached with the rest and with the topic kakehashi bring up about --add more by her sitting order physically but also mentally, isolated her as the narrator in this episode. i think people often miss this kind of detail and just judging acting onscreen based on whenever they speak or delivering dialog, while I think this delicacy touch by the director could differentiated between decent and instinctively good actor on how they respond.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  8. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Nogizaka46 4th generation's mini series "Saru ni au" (literal title: Meet the monkeys) releases a TV commercial:

• Like Like x 1
  9. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    dTV released a video of the girls doing commentary for the first episode of Sam no Koto:

• Like Like x 3
  10. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:

Extended trailer is out !

(is that a boy that I see with Kakki?? :eek:)

• Like Like x 2
  11. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    whenever i see the girls acting with guys, my heart goes 'good job director'. kaki looks promising.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saru ni Au epis 1 is out!

i'll watch it in bed and comment tomorrow

Kakki rose-tinted glasses on but I'll try to be objective....(try)

The plot has an interesting contrast
    - as opposed to Sam no Koto, there is a very notable interest in guys
    - right from that photo of Kakki's sister, to her mum's comments about BFs and ofc the pregnancy at the last scene
    - I suppose as we already know from the trailer. There is a boy coming up!

I also wonder how the plot will utilize that photo of her sister's relationship with unnamed male
    - true love?
    - mistress?
    - sugar-daddy?
    - prostitution?
    Either way, they have already alluded that there is some financial benefit involved
    As Meguro (where her sister lives) is like top 5 most expensive areas to rent in Tokyo

Kakki had a respectable opening. Nothing mind blowing (like Seira's was)
    but I am very much looking forward to see more of Rei though. Looks like good potential too

Other stuff:
    That Hori cameo at the beginning was both very apt and hilarious at the same time!
    - had some Zambi flashbacks there

The idea of Yun-chan driving actually scares me lolz!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  13. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Very satisfying 1st episode.
    - Kakki, Kakki, and Kakki. That's enough to make me watch it over and over. However, I love the everyday-life story like this with common problem we can find in society. Some fans maybe found it boring, but it is not for me. :)
    - Yuna's driving style is similar to mine. :D I always close my face to the steering wheel while driving.:D
    - I keep replying the Rei's bath towel scene... Oh God, I'm the worst!!!:fp: But, I can't help it. The shoulder is my kryptonite...:blush: And, it seems that we are going to get more shoulders on the next episodes...:wall:

As for their acting, it is not as amazing as Saku or Seira on Samu no Koto, especially Rei that feels like a kid trying to act like an adult. Maybe, the everyday character we can easily see in this drama is the reason. However, it is still enjoyable and quite natural, especially Kakki<3.

14. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Love it, like the first series I expect this to be a good one.
    Captain Manatsu would be very proud. Nogi girls are getting more and more daring :D
    I can't stop laughing when Hori appeared with that background music :lol:
    And of course, a dose of Kaki to brighten up your day :inlove:
    [​IMG]
    Again it felt too short, can't wait for the next episode.

15. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I liked the weird music. Was that a theremin?

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Oricon interview with three main casts of Saru ni Au.

====
    Episode two was very interesting.
    - I like how Mako react when her mother told her about her sister is going to marry her boyfriend. It looks like she is devastated. Maybe, she thinks that her sister already has a boyfriend and even, are going to marry him. While she is still single and having a hard time finding a boyfriend.
    - I hold my breath at the entire scene when Mako is taking off her bra... :nosebleed: It seems that this drama has so many this close-call scene (next episode, the bathing scene). And, I like that, because, rather than displaying the perfect-pure-idol-like scene and story, this drama shows a normal scene like this, something that a normal girl does.
    - Satsuki wears braces. I believe it is related to her role, not the real one, as Miona said in her fortune-telling.
    - I still can't stop smiling watching Satsuki drive the car.[hehe]
    Now, I need a subtitle for this episode. I can't understand many important parts of this episode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:

The main cast commenting on episode 2 (beware spoilers!)

• Like Like x 2
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    MV I see... ("Samu no Koto" & "Saru ni Au" version).:1st:

• Like Like x 2
  19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Two wonderful short series
    It's like night and day

Samu no Koto is mostly at night. Samu's death is clouded in mystery with the possibility of it as suicide and those flashbacks would somehow portray her life the same way. In the end, she was actually a good girl. The four remaining girls had to overcome their own demons. But like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, they are now living their own lives for the better.

On the other hand, Saru ni Au is mostly daytime. A refreshing change compared to the first series. Giving a ride to a fortune-teller who is actually a murderer and carrying chopped body parts inside her luggage, it's creepy, right? Yet this series is easy-going, simply relaxing. Three friends going on a short journey searching for luck (or love that wasn't meant to be, yet). That background music really tickles my funnybone. I can't stop laughing every time it plays. [hehe]

One thing though, I feel sorry for Yakubo. I mean the other characters have more screentime than her. I understand why Ayame only appeared in one episode and even Yuri whose appearance is just hello goodbye. Depending on when this series was shot Kitagawa might still be busy during filming and the time restraint for girls Ayame's age could be the reason why she's in only one episode. Not really sure if those were the case for the two girls. What about Yakubo? Serve the girls their drinks, that's it? That's the best role they could give her?

Anyway, overall I'm very happy for the girls and satisfied with this project. Lots of uncertainty about this ongoing pandemic but I would be delighted if they produce more of this in the future. Especially with the 5 new girls, I think it would be great if they're given a series of their own. Hooray, 4th gen!!! :approve:
    Special thanks to the subber/s.

• Like Like x 6
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    The making.
    Sam no Koto Part 1

Sam no Koto Part 2

Saru ni Au Part 1