1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert 32nd Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Well actually i can see Meetan participate in this 5th. I mean since she has nothing to loose (she is a married woman) i can see her doing it for fun and to thanks the fan who are supporting her.

Pointing out the fact that management won't pull this kind of candidacy if some members are willing to participate, who will likely to be there at the 5th senbatsu? Apart of some SDN members, it's not worth the pain.

Why Yuka can't participate in 5th senbatsu? Because of her agency?

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    She didn't really graduate the smoothest possible way. I doubt she has any interest at all the way she was seen out. A lot of fans aren't exactly backing her either.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Yuko didn't take part in this. I'm pretty much counting on it to be completely honest. This new system is a wonderful way for her to neither take in part in election nor announce graduation just yet.

3. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

While I'm not against it, I'm curious about the reason behind
    and
    A wild guess would be there is / are member(s), important enough to influence management's decision, want to sit out of this year sousenkyo, or there is / are member(s) who the management don't want to allow to sit in. Similarly, there is / are ex-member(s) (or soon to be ex-member, i.e: Chiyuu) want to be in, and / or management want them to be in. The management already had the list of these members when they made the changes, I wonder who these would be.

4. Kamen Knight

Kamen Knight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I don't even think there will be any graduated members who want to take part in sousenkyou, probably only one or two from ex SDN members.. CinDy probably will be in..

well, I can't say I like this idea, It'll feel like shit if your oshimen couldn't rank because of graduated members lol

5. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

I can't think of any the graduated member until now (except Acchan) would have a chance to rank past 40 if they come back. Even getting ranked would require their current fans to give them a lot of votes. IMO, that rule is for some recently, or soon-to-be-graduated members to take part in the election.

Well, just for sake of argument, that rule can also be used to pressure less popular girls' wota to buy more copies to ensure their oshimen ranked, but personally I don't think that's the case.

6. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I agree with you about the part of someone wants to sit out. Probably Yuko doesn't want to (or is forced not to) graduate but she also doesn't want to participate in this sousenkyo either, so she told Aki-p about that and he decided to apply this system :XD:

7. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I really hope Tomochin won't apply. Over past 3-4 years I have developed disgust towards this kind of fan $$$ milking method.

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It's a business. What is a business that doesn't milk it? It's what makes AKB and has done so since their very first indies release (I got that 20-CD box set standing right here). Not just this one, but every single is "milking" the fans for their money if you want to call it that.They're not milking you any more than a company that's putting out trading cards. Whether you want to complete your set or not is your choice. If you do you have to bite into the sour apple and if you want to get handshake tickets, you got to get a few singles. It's a service and if you consider it worth your money, then you pay for it. I get dozens of CDs each time just like hundreds of other people do and they're happy with what they receive eventually. I doubt anyone feels milked, considering we're all free men who can make a choice. We buy just as much as we want to. No one forces you to buy a thing if you don't.

I'd expect that some if not all of the graduating members (Itano, Kasai, Nito...) aren't going to apply.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This will only be of any interest if some big names stay out and leave space open for the rest.

This.

But at the same time...

We all saw how Yuko's win last year was shadowed by Acchan's appearance, a reminder that she only won because Acchan didn't take part in the election (you know she would have won, given that she was going to graduate and all).

We can only speculate until the 7th. And after that... try to predict the results lol

10. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

It certainly is a money maker for them, but isn't that mainly the point with idols, period? Personally I think the sousenkyo is one of their most brilliant ideas, and as a fan, I find it fascinating. Not to mention exciting. :^O^:

11. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    LOL yeah I'm pretty shocked at this too :^^;:

So theoretically, graduated members have to ability to take over AKB??!! A massive invasion of the 48 groups!! :lol:

I can already see it now...the Return of the Queen of AKB: Acchan!! [rock]

Let the games begin...

12. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    This is surprising they're doing this. I don't see a lot of the graduated members participating. They all left their respective 48 group to continue on with their own careers. If they do, however, isn't this kind of a slap in the face to all the current members who had to wait in the shadows for the past popular members to graduate? Also, since the members have to sign up for it, it will be surprising if a lot of current members will even participate.

Will it be streamed on Google+ again?

This is going to be interesting.

13. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    I know this is far fetched but is it possible for all the top AKB girls to get together and not enter the election? And the single have more sister group members in it then AKB girls. Can we still call it a AKB single then? Its a long shot but hey if im reading the rules right its could happen. Then what?

14. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    btw. if one of the big shots like Oshima for example will decide not to participate for whatever reason election single sales will plummet.

15. ishizu

ishizu Kenkyuusei

The official site, didnt mentioned anything about Graduated members...
    and the first rule, somehow... is No KKS this time

I was hyped by the news, but when I entered on the site , it was written
    AKB48・SKE48・NMB48・HKT48在籍メンバー... it´s the same description when AKB1/149 was announced... and that means, only regular members... that´s why they included the second rule, involving overseas former akb48 group members... and the third... it was only for Miichan be part of the elections (if the first rule, didnt included KKS)

16. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    That's false.

That's "graduates" in other words.

"在籍メンバー" does not imply "(full) team members" in any way. That would be "正規メンバー". Pretty sure that's what they used in announcements for the PSP games as well.

You can trust me on this kind of stuff, no worries. If it says in the OP that it'll be a certain way, then that's how it is. ;)

17. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Theoretically, yes. Realistically, no. Any girl, especially the one in the top, who still love AKB and not graduating anytime soon would enter. And for your other question, IMO, yes, depends on how your define "AKB" I guess, but let's not turn this into a normal vs purist view =p

Edit: I'm unsure why people are saying it's tailor-made for Acchan. I see there is little reason for her to enter. First, she already left to go her own way. Secondly, even if Acchan does come back, there is no guarantee that she will win (I bet Yuko's wota won't sit happily). A year has already passed, wotas can be fickle, one year is enough for them to switch over another girl or at least cool off their passions for Acchan somewhat. If she enter and doesn't get center? She is going to be laughed at by many. I doubt anyone would deliberately put themselves into that situation.

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I don't like it, it seems tailor-made for Acchan...as if the rest of graduated members hadn't deserved it before...and I guess that the 'Members will have to announce candidacy' part is a way to deal with the latest announced graduations of importants members, so Aki-P doesn't need to decide whether those members can still be in the sousenkyo or not...

19. chaostk

chaostk Kenkyuusei

One reason I think they had behind the decision for the candidacy element is too add an extra layer of tension and drama. Rather than just participating because they have too, it will be each girl own decision. With auto participation, then being part of the event have no extra meaning, while in this format it shows better the girl own resolution on wanting to rank, wanting to fight for the chance of shining more in AKB. It may also have an effect on fans making they even more compelled to vote for their favorite now that it's an event they decided to take part of their own will.

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Acchan isn't coming back. That doesn't even make proper sense. Take a look at what Acchan is doing these days. No fan is honestly expecting her to show up and management is even less looking for that to happen. They didn't graduate her with such pomp for no reason.
    They already know perfectly well which one of these girls is going to come; otherwise they wouldn't add that option. They're just making it a little bit more suspenseful for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.