1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert 32nd Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cakama

cakama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    I don't think the graduated members clause is thought up just to open the door to 1-2 former members, unless those 1-2 formers members is senbatsu grade. If not, why would the Aki-P and the management risk touching such a taboo subject if they aren't sure that this will massively increase awareness and potential sales. If nobody applied, then Aki-P would looked like a senile old man. He can't and wouldn't risk shaming himself with his decision, definitely not one that is the core foundation of AKB48, the graduation system.

On Yuko's subject, really the transition isn't just the #1 spot. If Yuko have to sit out, Takamina, Mariko and Kojiharu have to sit out too. Why? Cos they take up 4 of the Top 10 spot already, if the management is really looking to finally transit into chapter 2, then the original members should sit out already. Transiting isn't just replacing the center, its replacing the whole new chapter 2 senbatsu.

Also Mayuyu aren't confirmed of winning in any way.

2. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    The thing that scares me about this new candidacy rule is that it may push out from the election girls like Suuchan who suffered a dramatic drop in rank last year and who might be afraid to drop even more this year.

About bringing back graduated members, I'm not sure yet if i'm for or against it.
    I think management knows what it's doing. Some of you said that they must know of some graduated girls who are sure to apply, I'd add that they must know about at least one popular graduated member who is to come back. What would be the point of all that if it was to bring Nakaya back ? (I actually like her, always have, but let's face it, the girl is not what you'd call popular...) I think Meetan, Nontii or Cyndi will apply. Cyndi was in Warota's single last year, and Meetan appeared at the 7th Anniversary Special Stage. They're not really over AKB yet.

I don't think Acchan will come back. As much as I love and miss her, she's gone now, we all need to get over it, and bringing her back would be the worst decision ever made in the history of bad decisions.

Like most of you, I think Yuko should opt out of the election. She won twice, it's time for a new center !

3. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

@infinitehippos - Was already mentioned on Page 1 by HRP regarding the 9 graduating SKE members.

4. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

The 2nd chapter will never go well if the seniors seat out and just hand the juniors the spots. There are many juniors getting promote these past yrs, let them take the spots if they want it. If they can't climb up the ranking even a little with the promotions they get then they'll never surpass their seniors. After all even Takamina and Sayaka mentioned how passive the new gens are.
    The point of the 2nd chapter is basically gaining stability to the group. How can they do that if the juniors can't even match up the the seniors?
    Screw this babysitting crap. It's so boring and who want a win that get handed to you? I don't want any senior members to sit out and I doubt Mayuyu would want Yuko to sit out considering how competitive she is

5. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Well, even if NO former members run (which I can easily see happening), they've certainly added some spice into a major event that, in its fifth year, could have possibly been growing stale. This will definitely bring increased attention (and tension) to the event and put the fans into a tizzy. Like most of us in this thread. :lol:

6. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    That's a perfectly subjective issue. You have to know how to read that kind of statements. What do you expect them to say? That the new gens are doing much better than their seniors?

You might not want to call things "crap" before you see how things work out in practice. There are a whole bunch of members that are liable to graduate and the fans aren't necessarily looking forward to their participation in the election. It has nothing to do with anyone being handed something. You'll see how things play out.

7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

The question is...do you really believe any of the graduated members would dare asking Aki-P to create a rule like this because she wanted to be in? And...do you believe Aki-P would pay attention to her and create this rule only to please one (or two, or three) graduated member? I find it hard to believe any of those things...

8. cakama

cakama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    I don't think Mayuyu can win Yuko, at least we wouldn't allow it to happen if Yuko decided to join in maybe for the last time (who knows, its Aki-P holding her back not the other way round).

I don't see the point of current members opting out be it they have chance to be elected or not. Like Yuko said before, every single vote represents the love and support from their WOTA. Even if this member only have 1 vote, at least she have a fan. Giving them a chance to opt out is just promoting them to give up before trying, this kind of future AKB48 will be in ruin, imagine they perform in the theater with only 7 audiences like 1st gen, so they will just throw in the towel?

If Mayuyu wants to be the next chapter's undisputed Ace, she should force Yuko to join in and measure herself in a fair fight.

9. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Am i the only one who wish Yuko to participate? Where is your fighting spirit?

Do you want me to remind you some very painful memories? YES, this one. The moment when Acchan announced she didn't want to participate in the next election. And everyone knew Yuko would won the 4th senbatsu.

And the moment Yuko won...Acchan appeared. With a bouquet of flower. I was really mad because intended or not, Acchan bite Yuko moment. Intended or not, people like me felt that it was a reminder that Yuko won because Acchan wasn't here. It is painful.

Mariko said it herself : you have to earn the spot. Yuko is the most loved member in AKB history, so it won't hurt her reputation if she loses. And if she win, well she win.

10. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

Nontii!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that I got that out of my system....I've seen comments in other posts about management needing to do something to shake things up this year, and this rule change in the election has certainly stirred up people's interest and wondering what may or may not happen. I'm curious myself. This has certainly been an interesting year in the life of AKB so far, and there seems to be several ways this election could go. I can't wait until they post the candidate list.

On a side note, all this talk of graduating members possibly returning is getting my hopes up we may get to eventually see SDN48, version 2.0 in the future.

11. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Hah, it's finally that time of the year again, huh? I've been saving money so I can top the 40 votes that I gave last year :) And just in time, these past couple months the value of the yen dropped in comparison to the US dollar, so I don't have to spend nearly as much.

Acchan definitely won't come back. She's made it quite clear that she's moved on from AKB, and in the grandest way possible. She didn't participate last year, she's not going to randomly do it again this year, only to never appear again. I suspect that if she ever appears in an AKB event again, it'll just be at the last moments of Tomochin's graduation, not for something like this where she has no interest in joining.

As for Yuko, I certainly hope she doesn't drop out. I still remember the line from the 3rd documentary, No Flower Without Rain, when she said to Mayuyu, "Use me as a stepladder to the center." That was a very powerful statement for me, and no doubt many of Mayuyu's fans as well. Yuko dropping out would just devalue that intention and she'd be more of an automatic sliding door than a stepladder. There's less point to it if Yuko just lets Mayuyu get #1. I'm well aware that if Yuko participates, then there's a high chance Mayuyu won't be able to get #1 this year, given how large the difference between votes was. But I'd rather that when Mayuyu gets #1, she does it legitly while competing against all her rivals and friends than just have something almost given to her.

Final thoughts: Where will Paruru rank? [aup] I might just give a few of my votes to her too, she's done so well this year. :fear: I think senbatsu is guaranteed, but top 10 senbatsu, or lower senbatsu?

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think the foundation of AKB is the whole "idols you can meet" thing, and not the graduations. It's not like girls who graduated can't come back. Aki-P himself has said they can. And Jo Eriko (center of the early Team M) said she would like to apply again when she's done with high school or something of the sort.

Yeah, Acchan decided to leave and all to focus on her acting career. But I don't see how participating in this would do her any harm. It would be a pump to her reputation to get the spot in this. Yeah, she's not like that... or so we think. Nobody knew she and Itano weren't speaking at all during the Tokyo Dome and she how well they act, so... for all we know, Maeda is an drama-queen who wants all the atention and will bring them down lol

I do want Yuko to participate. The election is the only chance she has to get the center spot again, seeing how management is pushing the "new" gens to the front. And if she loses, well, the new gens are here, so it would be her cue to leave.

13. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I have a two questions, if the gradated members for example, get ranked in undergirls will they be in the undergirls PV? Also, So, the election is held after the members perform at the Nissan stadium on the same day?

I hope Yuko participates in the election, so if Mayuyu wins it can be a fair and square win!
    I kinda like the graduate member to return to perform at request hour rather then election. I would like Cindy, Meetan, and Erepyon to participate it would be interesting! I don't really see Acchan coming back.

I don't like that fact that the members can choose if they want to be in the election or not because it doesn't seem interesting if the whole 48 group is not there, and see if some of the members rankings went up or down.

Anyways this year election is a totally different election compared to last years!

14. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I think Acchan decided not to participate is a right decision. Because Manatsu Sound Good is her last AKB single. She didn't intend to join the election single. We can't expect her to take part in the sousenkyo to give Yuko a fair fight, and then didn't join the next single. Same for Yuko this time. If she doesn't intend to graduate soon, she should definitely go for this election. It's not about giving Mayuyu a true fight, it's about the spirit of an AKB's member. I say if a member isn't going to graduate soon, she should participate in the election.

15. cakama

cakama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    ^
    Its definite that if they are elected they will appear in the PV.

I wondered if we will be voting from just 64 members (in theory). Or less than that.

16. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Graduated members? Whats the bloody point of graduating then? I can't say I'm impressed. I don't want Acchan back - she had her turn, she left, leave it to someone else. Thank god she won't have the time - I don't hate her but I don't like her either. I wonder what the current girls think about this? I am glad they aren't automatically included though. But management must know at least a handful of girls to do this.

Though its interesting to see how you have to apply yourself. I wonder if anyone won't apply? That'd set the graduating rumours off :D Way to cause a shit storm, Aki-P.

I wonder if those who are planning to graduate will apply? If Tomochin applied, I'd definately support her, though at the same time, I'd be annoyed because I know I could be supporting someone.... um, like who would "use" the vote more? Who will be around longer I guess?

But if someone ranks (a graduated member) compared to a girl who is still active, thats not only annoying to us, but to the girls who could of ranked higher. How annoyed would you be if you got to 17 and got knocked out by someone who left? I highly doubt its likely, but wotas are wotas lol It'd be highly embarassing if they applied and got less than their last result though (saying Acchan going into 10th or something)

I wonder what the kami will do? I think Mariko will be in it, because of her speech, but it'll be interesting to see how many top spots go to graduates/new comers/sister groups. Personally I think Yuko will go for it, Mayuyu too obvs. I doubt a lot of them will opt out without reason. That wouldn't be good for the young ones, or for their own image. Sales would go down heaps - both for the summer single and the sounsekyou one if members decided not to run.

But sales probs won't be affected. There are heaps of other ways to vote after all and I'm sure that the girls who aren't in senbatsu would still be put on the single in some way (if they're popular but decide not to run - if Yuko decided not to run, they certainly wouldn't sit her out lol)

Three questions? What about KKS? And will this be streamed? And I'm a bit confused as to the actual event time/date? (I'm assuming we'll hear more about this on the 7th when we get another announcement?)

17. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    It was actually discussed on here, I believe a while back, that Acchan coming back to AKB would just give haters of Acchan and AKB a reason to say that she can't survive on her own will, and AKB can't survive without their former ace. I know that isn't true, but certain people will say it if she comes back.

In my guess, I think Paruru will probably end up getting into lower senbatsu. It seems more plausible as of right now.

A way to make it really interesting. Don't tell anyone the members who are currently participating. Let us play the guessing game. Every vote card allows you to vote for up to ten members. The first member on that card that is taking place in the election is your vote for that card. This would be evil.

18. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    - KKS are considered active members, so they are eligible (just as always)
    - We won't hear anything about streaming until a couple weeks before the event
    - The event is on 6/8 at Nissan Stadium, after the Super Festival Concert. It will start at 5:30 PM.

19. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

^Awesome! Thank you so much!

20. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

I think the whole "graduated members are included" thing is utter bull. Girls who graduated made their choice...they chose to leave the group for various reasons, and it's totally unfair that they should be included, especially when they aren't even members and may very well take spots away from girls who are actually in the groups.

I mean...what will Aki-p do to top this? Say that from on now, any girl in Japan is eligible? Any person? It's just crazy, to me. This is just an obvious stunt to get attention, which I'm sure will make Aki-P and all involved parties lots of money, which I guess is the point. But I still don't have to like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.