1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert [EVENT] AKB48 Group Draft Meeting 13/11/10

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Aug 9, 2013.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    AKB48 Group Draft Meeting AKB48グループ ドラフト会議

November 10th, 2013 @ Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa

The "Draft Kaigi" ("draft meeting") is the new event following in the shoes of Senbatsu Sousenkyo and Janken Taikai.
    It's a public audition to find new talent that is considered lacking in the teams. Together with the groups' respective managers, the captains of AKB48, SKE48, NMB48 and HKT48 will pick new members from a pool of candidates to supplement their team. The number of new members per team is undecided.

Those chosen to enter a team will be performing as "draft members" with the others and, different from the groups' kenkyuusei, naturally be part of the team's lessons and proper theater performances.

http://www.akb48.co.jp/akbdraft/

AUDITION SCHEDULE (similar to usual audition process)

• 1st round 2013.08.12 - 2013.09.03
      Application period
      Successful applicants will be notified until September 14th.
    • 2nd round 2013.09.14 - 2013.09.14
      Interview
    • 3rd round 2013.09.21 - 2013.09.23
      Dance & Vocal audition
      Introduction videos of the candidates who passed third round will be uploaded on the official site.
    • AKB48 Group Draft Meeting 2013.11.10
      Main event will be open to the public.
    Different from the common auditions, applicants will not be able to pick a group to directly audition for. Their preferred group will be taken into consideration, but until they're personally chosen by a team captain at the main event, they will not know their fate. Girls considering it difficult to join a group other than their preference are encouraged to take part in the normal auditions.
    Nevertheless, Draft Meeting participants of course do reserve the right to refuse entry into the group they got chosen for.

Subtitle file for the YouTube video below:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8-lqfExYnk[/yt]

Attached Files:

2. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    just a question, what if several of the Team Captain chooses/want a certain applicant for their own team. wouldn't it make a conflict? or will it be decided by draft through lottery pick.

so, this only meant that all applicant from different prefectures who wants to audition to a certain 48group will have no choice of choosing her own 48group. wow..that sucks if a certain girl wants to join AKB48 and she passed the audition it doesn't mean that she'll be on AKB48. it depends solely if the Team Captain wants you or not.
    it only break the "what prefecture you came from" and the line of generations will be broken. since you will be handpicked by a captain. so, it will be the line of generations according to teams. it will be just like the beginning of AKB48. 1st Gen - Team A, 2nd Gen - Team K, 3rd Gen - Team B.

3. alizlovescherry

alizlovescherry Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    alizlovescherry
    I'll tag along this thread..

^ @MayuMK30048 If there's a conflict between teams for one candidate, it will be decided by lottery. But if the candidate refused to be in the particular team, the chance will be dropped and she's no longer eligible to be a draft member..

If someone want to be in a part of a particular group, there's still ordinary KKS audition....

4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I guess it'll be exciting for the applicants. But yeah it kinda breaks the prefecture distinction for the sister groups if they'll have many girls from outside the prefecture. :)

Haha, this would have been really interesting if they re-shuffled and did a draft for the regular members. :)

5. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    So they need a new blood that doesn't exist within the current members or the KKS [wonder]

It is supposed to be a 3rd big annual event like the Senbatsu Sousenkyo and Janken Taikai, I think holding this event every year will be too much.
    Will the brand new "Draft Memebrs" belong to the 16th generation, or there will be no more? [wonder]
    Not every team need new members, what will they gonna do for the full team members
    MAN I'm so confused right now, there are many questions running through my mind

6. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    it will be much better if the captains will fight for the right to be chosen by the applicant like The Voice.
    it will be more entertaining to watch it like that. and I agree to what GATX105 said that it will be much interesting and entertaining if they will stir things up. by drafting all of the current members of all 48group than shuffling them. but it will be damn chaotic if they did that. imagine if Mayuyu or Yuko will be drafted to HKT48 or SKE48. fans and members alike will certainly not accept it.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^ They could always use the sousenkyou new thingy of applying for it. [hehe]

Anyway, quoting myself, cause I think this goes better here than in the other thread:

The new guidelines don't add much to it. I only hope for great voices and great dancers, cause if not... it's going to be hell to watch the whole thing. :XD:

Also, hearing Yuko saying they need a fresh girl and all... c'mon, hasn't she met the KKS? I can't imagine how THEY are taking this. :(

8. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yuko might have/not have meet the KKS members. but the point is the Team Captains has the choice of her own preference and liking to pick one applicant to join her team and help improve her team and the whole 48group. unlike for the past several years wherein AKS and Aki-P got to choose and judge an applicant's fate. the irony is, the team captains might as well choosing someone who can be their potential rival in the future :lol: . I think AKS and Aki-P just wants fresh idea from the Team Captains themselves. maybe the Team Captains might really have the answer and the solution they need to improve the group more since AKB48 is losing too much member for the past 2 years. and the new gen are not catching up from what the group really needs.

9. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    I just have to say this is exactly what I wanted.

I originally wanted the normal KKS auditions to be broadcast since you didn't get much information about those before other than: "well this is generation x, get to know them".

But it makes total sense to me, that the (greatest) talent should be distributed all over the 48 teams according to their needs, and if they can't agree on a particular applicant, let the draw decide.

great stuff.

10. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I've learned to be patient with management decisions because most of them do turn out to be good.

Let's be honest, this whole event is nothing compared to "the Jurina treatment" - where a girl passes an SKE audition at age 11, instantly centers an AKB single and become the only face on the CD cover, and also gets major spotlight for just about every AKB single that follows (This, by the way, is one of the crazy management decisions that I'm happy with). Obviously the group is much bigger now, and they can't get away with a stunt like that again. Paruru's push is really nothing compared to what Jurina got, but look at how many haters she got as a result. And now, we're acting like the sky's falling down because each team get to pick a new KKS [rofl]

But I do have concerns about this idea. I don't follow 48G to discover super-talented girls, I simply enjoy cheering for girls who are likable, with or without talent. Of course I wouldn't say "no talent > talent", but I just feel like the group's lost something when the team captains start fighting over a girl who plays 11 instruments, perfectly harmonizes everything, and speaks 5 different languages.

11. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

I didn't want to comment till the details were out so here goes:

I'm pretty disappointed. When I first heard about it, I was like "wow, this could be great entertainment." Would of loved a draft where all the girls were eligible and the captains had to draft like in major league sports. They could trade picks to move up higher or trade down to try and get more value. This prob wouldn't be feasible due to logistics. :lol:

That being said, was hoping current KKS would of been included at least. Also would of loved it if the captains couldn't discuss beforehand. Imagine them fighting over Miki, Nana, Meru, Mio, Tani, and so on. Would be great fun. Have the order be decided by lottery and then have them battle it out with picks. Also have a time limit of about 15 mins each to decide. Have the drafted members go up to the podium and wear the hat of the new team member. [party]

12. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

This Draft doesn't make sense!

The teams have KKS members so why not work on those girls that are already present in the organization?

How many girls that audition for the Draft will actually have some sort of talent that the teams are looking for? Sometimes you can't tell. Heck, if you watch old videos of when the girls were younger during their audition days, even management was very hesitant about them. [aup]

At least with the current KKS members, you know who they are and that they can possibly be trained for the teams or else they would not have made it pass their auditions to become KKS members.

The teams are entirely messed up right now with the various graduations and the shuffle earlier this year. At least it's been interesting so far. :XD:

13. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Does anyone here seriously believe this whole draft thing will not hurt any of existing members or current kenkyuusei, that it's all positive thing and everything will be fine?

With all the preparation they made, all the hype they build, all the resource they will use, you seriously believe this drafted girls will be on the same level of importance with regular kenkyuusei?

Most likely these girls will be the new Jurina or the new Meru (a.k.a VVIP newcomers). Now if only one of them already enough to raise the hatefest in the fandom two or maybe thrice fold, imagine having them, one in each team. Try asking Haruppi fans how they feel when their oshi get thrown to second line since Meru came. Try asking Miyupon or Yukarun who spent God knows how many hundred days as kenkyuusei and finally be able to stand on the same stage with their senpai, and now they will get to see these drafted girls achieve the same in their debut day. Try asking the 13th gen, whom now act only as 14th-gen’s tail, how they feel facing the possibility to sunk even deeper. Try asking Wasamin how she felt when she made blog entry with a certain line saying “Are we inadequate war potential?”. More girls getting shafted, more KKS to be abandoned?

So now AKB has two kind of audition right. The draft audition and regular KKS audition. Now who would ever take a regular audition ever again, if the other one obviously offers you a better chance of exposure and possibilities? Even if they don’t make it at the end, hey at least in final round they will appear on TV :awesome: (or in youtube for 3rd round). So what’s the point of regular KKS audition? Heck, what’s the point of KKS? Weren’t they suppose to be regular members backup? Why not reviving the under system instead of making a team-attached-KKS?

Last but not least. Seriously, not anybody find it ridiculously ironic when they now suddenly all talk about finding new super talent (real good at singing, dancing, MC, etc), yet all the girls they heavily pushed recently are far from those criteria? Talk about knowing what they’re wanting, hah! Why not nurturing what they have now? Why go ‘instant’ all the sudden? Wasn’t AKB supposedly about hardworks and great efforts in the beginning? And who exactly do they expect to find with this draft auditions anyway, new Beyonce, new Avril Lavigne?

I just can’t help but to think this draft auditions is such unappealing idea for me, sorry :fp:

14. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Yah, put me in the camp that thinks this is weird... it would have been epic cool if they included current KKS though or if they cancelled KKS and went the draft route from here on out. Having both at the same time just feels kinda weird to me... it is like you are having two types of applicants now... regionally based (Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka) and national candidates from all over willing to go anywhere. It would seem that would create a second class status though for those that go the traditional KKS route. [think] But I guess if you are looking for stars then it makes sense to increase the size of the talent pool.

That vid was cool though... it is like in Bleach when you got to see all the Squad Captains meet with Commander Yamamoto... all that power in one room... wearing casual clothes, but still with make-up on. :awesome: The dramatic walk down the hallway shot was kinda cheesy though... don't even know how they kept a straight face for that part... but watching them seriously discuss the weaknesses of their individual teams was very interesting. [nod]

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    @ Zippy: My, you're being dramatic today. Not a thing has started, yet you already know how everything's going to play out and what's going to end up making a point. I'm sure you'll make friends with it. :D

I honestly don't quite see how including current kenkyuusei in this would make the least bit of sense. They already are part of the group. The only difference here is that team captains and the public are more involved. And by showing the whole thing on TV, fans will be even more enthusiastic about the new faces than they are already whenever a new generation comes in.

If anything, this project is a testament to (and thanks to) the popularity of the kenkyuusei. We've seen the response to the 13th gen upward. People are more interested in them than ever before (they should be too), and management of course notices too how the fans go nuts over things like the Kenkyuusei concert at Budokan for example. They take it and make something out of it. So now we're not only talking about the 2nd chapter or young generations slowly taking over - now we're going to be involved in the audition process as a media event, focusing purely on yet unknown faces. Finally even the slowest fans and Senbatsu followers are going take note of the younger girls.

16. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @Zippy: I seriously doubt that all the new girls will be treated like another Jurina or Meru. No, it's actually impossible to happen. They will get more advantages by auditioning this way but saying they will get Meru's treatment ? Nah, not going to happen. Moreover, a girl must be willing to join any group to have a shot at this glorified audtion. You'd think any 12-15 year old girl would be willing to go anywhere and their parents would easily allow their little daughters to live alone far away from home ? I'm quite interested in how many girls will apply for this audition.
    The unfair thing is true but it's not something new. There are members who have worked their asses off in 4+ years and still failed to rank in election but some new girls were able to rank in their 1st year thanks to a big push from management.

17. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Well, I guess Zippy's frustration came from the increasing narrowing chance that was given to AKB48 members. I must say that Zippy kinda let his/her sentiment affects his/her opinion towards this matter.
    Oh, I don't want to start a fight, I'll apologize any offense in advance.

Let's see the impact from various perspective:

Draft Member
    From what I see, draft member exchange early attention with a series a heavy scrutiny from fans.
    Fans alike are not going to treat them as KKS but as a formal member.
    Yes, they might have better chance to receive advice from the veteran member, but that comes in exchange with lesser chance to perform on stage.
    Also, the pressure and expectation that place on them is going to be huge especially with the much more popular team.
    Say,if you become a Team A draft member, fans going to expect something huge from you else they'll deem you unfit. Imagine the fans comparing a new draft member with the likes of Harrupi, Fuuchan, Karen, Tano, Juri, Ryouka. Of course,same goes to other teams.

Current KKS
    I see there's pros and cons at being a normal KKS here.
    KKS definitely enjoy much more stage performance compare to draft member
    and that is the best place to hone your skills no matter in dance, singing or MC.
    KKS have all the time in the world (like one year plus) to use KKS stage at their advantage.
    Also, fans are much more easy to forgive you if you made a mistake as a KKS.
    Made a mistake as a draft member? You're gonna brace yourself with waves of criticism.
    Also such system might have create more rivalry between KKS and draft member which is good.

Formal Member
    Competition for a spot on stage is now much more heated.
    Consider the stage performances are heavily skewered towards KKS stage,
    there are going to be less and less chance for them to perform.
    Non-senbatsu or member who's not receiving push is going to suffer the most here.
    Nakamata Shiori from Team A doesn't even get to perform since May.
    Formal member who just got promoted this Spring is also unlucky in some way.
    Miyupon or Yukarun definitely takes a hit here,
    they could've stay KKS a bit longer and enjoy the management push.

Captain
    Captains now held more responsibility in shaping and leading their team.
    Fans now going to judge the captain's capability by their members performance.
    Not saying they didn't before, but it's not that much of a matter in the past.
    Captains needs to be careful about their choice.
    I can sort of foresee a heated discussion about the captain's choice,
    like "Why she choose this girl?" or "Isn't that girl better?"
    The blame is going to fall on them if their choice of draft member turns sour.

18. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

:D :D if you follow akb from very beginning, you will noticed that its only happen before they signed contract with king record, after that, that "motto" only applied for some girls.

im just glad they took yukirin's captaincy back then in tokyo dome,
    so now she dont have to do something this cruel thing to other members.

19. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    @HoneyRoastedPeanuts: I believe there is an important aspect here that you are overlooking: There will be a way for new members to join the group without spending time as KKS first. This is what Zippy is talking about. Personally I won't say whether this is fair or not, but I know that if I was a KKS I'd be pretty pissed right now.

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I wasn't overlooking that. I'm perfectly aware of what his point is and it's not unjustified. What I am saying though is: he doesn't know that. What the members are exactly going to spend time as or not as isn't all that written in stone at this point. Only time will tell what the draft system is going to look like in action. Management isn't just going to do something that puts the kenkyuusei at a disadvantage. Once the actual thing goes down in November I'm sure things are going to look much different and just fine when the time comes.

In the coming years there's going to be more and more change to how the groups and teams are operating, how girls are auditioned and then reared, change to the differences of status between members... It's not unlikely that the whole kenkyuusei system will see an overhaul in the not too far future. Akimoto and Togasaki have several bigger plans beyond this drafting; they always do. I believe this is just a careful first step.