Favorite Nogizaka lyrics?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by MidnightMelancholy, Jan 18, 2015.

1. MidnightMelancholy

MidnightMelancholy Kenkyuusei

What are your favorite Nogizaka46 lyrics or lines of a song? And why?

I really love Hoka no Hoshi Kara.

Of course (of course)
    It's a scary thing
    We like things to be the same as always (yes)
    We dislike change
    We're bound by the chains
    Of convenience

I really like how realistic the lyrics are.

2. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    Since I'm fed up with Akipig, it's easier for me to talk about worst. :(

Being said, I find Senpuuki's lyrics really cute.
    Well attuned with the actual music track, and not all that pretentious like a lot of that man's lyrics can be.

I also quite like the lyrics of 13nichi no Kinyoubi, Kimi no Na wa Kibou and Yubi Bouenkyou.

3. IkoSayu

IkoSayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    That's quite hard because you have to find the lyrics which attune to the music and to your heart. Lyrics are not poetry but it has to fit the music and its rythm. hum... most of Nogizaka's lyrics catch my attention but since I'm far from fluent in japanese I do not need it to be clever lol. Well, two songs do really catch my attention among all those good song...

First : the one who made me breathless just hearing it : Nani mo dekizu ni soba ni iru
    at the first "Gomen ne", my heart just got tight and I knew this song was speaking to me although I was understanding almost nothing.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    (deliberate choice)

ganbare ganbare boku wa inoru (Make it through, make it through, I pray)
    naiteru furueru te wo nigirou (Holding your trembling hand as you cry)
    ganbare ganbare mou sukoshi da (Make it through, make it through, just a little more)
    hanamizu susutte nakiyamu made (You sniffle until your tears stop)

gomen ne sonna koto shika ienai (“I'm sorry” is all I can say)
    naiteru kimi no soba ni iru dake de... (I'm just by your side while you cry...)
    itami no subete wo totte agetai kedo (Though I want to take all the hurt from you)
    kamisama dou sureba ii no? (God, what should I do?)

soredemo chikara ni naritai
    (Even so, I want to be your strength)

Now it's just makes me buy more tissue paper action :'(
    I think most of us can connect and relate to those lyrics.

Second : the song I almost know by heart : Ookami ni kuchibue wo

This one got me at Ookami ni with the great dancing... I can not think at better shoulder moves than for this song lol :D
    The lyrics are really catch and glued to the music. Nothing to do with the lyrics but I like the fact that's a UG girls danced by the whole team with senbatsu as background dancers in concert.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    (did not find the 2013 finale concert version so I put this live one with Ikomachan centering-> jump to 1:30!)

okami ni kuchibue wo (Whistle at the wolf)
    ai no melodii (melody of love)
    dareka ni kiba wo muite (Bare your fangs at someone)
    kamitsuku yori (Instead of biting them)
    okami mi kuchibue wo (Whistling at the wolf)
    yasashii uta wo... (Sing a gentle song...)
    hohoemu dake de (With just a smile)
    sekai wa kawaru (The world will change)

well that's my unfair choice (sorry House, seifuku no mannequin, hashire bycycle...) :(

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  4. noginogi

noginogi Kenkyuusei

My favorite lyrics , well actually my favorite nogi46's song is Shibuya Blues.
    Melody of this song is beautiful, the harmony of vocals is great too.
    After listening to the song over and over without knowing it lyrics,
    Googling it and BAAM!

Shibuya, Shibuya, Shibuya alone
    Always listens to me talk so
    Today too, today too, today too
    I start crying here for some reason

Losing sight of the road inside the blueness of the sky
    I felt like raising my voice to scream

I love how depressing the lyrics is. Lol

5. eruban

eruban Kenkyuusei

my favorite lyrics is senpuuki. the music is good too, even tho I barely know undergirl

• My heart is full of noise
      For a person
      This might be something important
      I wanna go back to that time
      And try going 'aaaaa'

Aaaaa…

6. fuyuchan1609

fuyuchan1609 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ogino Yuka
    Hi everyone, I am trying to get into Nogizaka46 but I don't really know which songs are the best! I only know some of their singles - Seifuku No Mannequin, Barrette, Natsu No Free&Easy, Girl's Rule, Kizuitara Kataomoi and I think that's all. Does someone can suggest me some of their best songs please?

7. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Hello and welcome! I suggest getting Nogi's 1st album Toumei na Iro. Although subjective, CD2 are songs voted by fans.

8. lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Shibuya Blues!!!! This one is really relatable for any female high school student ehehe. I listened to it the first time with my host family when I was at high school in Japan and they thought it was a really funny song because when they were younger Shibuya was not a very cool place apparently. It's great because the whole feeling I get from the song is that 'adults don't understand' anyway ^^ I like this part: 'why do I have to go to school? Even though I haven't found anything I like to do'

tender days was also great to listen to now that I'm supposed to be an adult lol, also a really relatable one. I like this part 'The bitter coffee did not taste good at all, but when we talked about our future, it tasted a bit like being an adult'

Boku ga Iru Basho - I think this one makes people stop and listen like whoah this song is deep, I wish they promoted it more or made it a single with a PV. The first time I heard it I was gobsmacked.... It's from a boy's point of view but I imagine it being sung by a dying father to his daughter or something, and he's thinking so hard about what it will be like with him gone. Favourite bit:

If I was reborn I want to meet you again
    But if you see me as a baby would you realise? Would you know that it's me?

And Watashi, Okiru. - I listen to this one to get me fired up to go to work in the morning lol. 'Gotta wake up now or it's a waste' makes me get out of bed xD

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  9. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Hmm....

I know that I love Kazumin's delivery of the last line from Dekopin:
    二人の愛は罰ゲームから
    futari no ai wa batsu GEEMU kara

I've had Arakajime Katarareru Romansu bouncing in my head the last few weeks, and I love that line where they say the stars look unusually beautiful:
    星がいつもよりも美しい
    hoshi ga itsumo yori mo utsukushii

I can't sing the final lyrics to Oide Shampoo because they make me tear up:
    これが恋なら夢で会いた
    kore ga koi nara yume de aftaai
    これが恋なら夢が覚め
    kore ga koi nara yume ga sameta mo

Nanase singing the opening lines to Sukima just makes me sigh to hear. I absolutely love this song...
    会の灯りって一斉に点くんだね
    tokai no akari tte issei ni tsukunda ne
    時間通りがなぜか息苦しくなる
    jikan doori ga naze ka ikigurushiku naru

Shitto no Kenri is the best UG song! I'll take anyone on who says otherwise. I love how they sing this part of the song. I feel their pain.
    妄想 膨らませてるだけ
    mousou fukuramaseteru dake
    切なさが別人に変えるよ
    setsunasa ga betsujin ni kaeru yo

Is there a more kami-level song than Kizuitara Kataomoi? But there are too many to pick from that song. As there are too many to pick from many of the other Nogi songs.

Hmmm...

Nogis!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  10. fech96

fech96 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Nogi-songs lyrics are awesome <3

Like the OP, Hoka no hoshi kara's lyrics is one of my favorites. I love the bitter reality the lyrics expressed.

No way Kimi no na wa kibou lyrics don't touch your heart - especially if you ever been a "toumei ningen" yourself.

Nandome no aozora ka - The lyrics is so unique; started with "the sound of unclosed water tap" [hehe]

And Korogatta kane wo narase:
    aiso warai, kobihetsurai (ingratiating smiles, flirting and flattery)
    ikiru tame ni kurikaeshite (over and over just to stay alive)
    SHOUWINDOU ni narabu DAIYA (the diamonds in the show window)
    dare mo ga hoshi garu mono yori (that’s something everyone wants)
    jibun ni shika wakaranai ishikoro ga hoshii (but I’d rather have a pebble that only myself understand it)

11. husna212

husna212 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina
    Nandome no aozora ka? lyrics are the best for me. The song itself is like a motivational song. And the message the song tried to convey, don't procrastinate etc. My favourite one is "bokura mo sora mo hare dake ja nai" - neither ourselves nor the skies are always sunny

12. nullion

nullion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakuraireika
    I have some too.
    Harujion
    hana no namae nante sonna ni shiranai yo ----------------- (I don’t know much about the names of flowers)
    dakedo kimi no koto wa zutto oboeteru --------------------- (But I know I'll always remember you)

Taiyou Knock
    sou kimi wa sono toki no sabishisa --------------------------- (Yes, you are afraid because you sense)
    kanjitotte okubyou ni naru ------------------------------------- (The loneliness which will come then)

Nandome
    kono tsugi no aozora wa --------------------------------------- (I don't know when)
    itsu na no ka wakaranai ---------------------------------------- (The next blue sky will be)
    dakara ima sora miage nanika wo hajimerunda ----------- (That's why I'm looking up right now, starting something)
    kyou dekiru koto wo... ------------------------------------------ (Something I can do today...)

Ano Hi Boku wa Tossa ni Uso wo Tsuita
    Basically the whole song, especially the chorus.

Kougousei Kibou
    The whole song too, but "boy" instead of "girl".

• Special mention to Romance no Start
    aru hi kimi ni HAATO ubawareta -------------------------------- (One day you stole my heart)
    guuzen mikaketa dake de --------------------------------------- (I just happened to glance at you)
    HONTO no ----------------------------------------------------------- (And fell well and truly)
    koi ni ochitanda ---------------------------------------------------- (In love)
    sou sa kimi ni HAATO ubawareta ------------------------------- (Yes, you stole my heart)
    odoroku hodo kantan ni... --------------------------------------- (So surprisingly easily...)
    boku no koto ni kidzuite kuretara ------------------------------ (Your acknowledgement of me will be)
    ROMANSU no SUTAATO ------------------------------------------- (The start of romance)

Nogi's songs have pretty good lyric most of the time.

13. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I don't really know why, but I adore the "Eien wa Mijikai" part of Nandome. In general, I really love the song. Border has nice lyrics and I also love the Nee, kieta darou Me no mae border part very much. I guess, those two are really my favourite songs (looking at the lyrics~) of Nogi. Tbh, I also liek Dankeschön but rather because I flipped out when I found out that there was something in my languge in the 47G.
    In general, I also love ImaHana's lyrics very much. Mou sukoshi no Yume has nice lyrics too~

14. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I'm the same with watashi, okiru. Always listen to while driving to work.

Boku ga iru basho really speaks to me when i listened for the first time even though i nvr understand it at that time. But i saw it as a song between close friends. I like the song as a whole

Ano hi boku wa tossa ni uso wo tsuita: just listening to the song gives me the painful heart-wrenching feeling especially the chorus

Nani mo dekizuni soba ni iru: the title speaks it all. it brings out that feeling of how useless we are when we can only watch from the sideline

Inochi wa utsukushii: "the night will be bright eventually even if i worry" i like that line. Remind that instead of just pondering, might as well take an action

Otona e no chikamichi: "i want to be normal"

I like tachinaori chuu as well but the song was too sad for me that i rarely watch

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Nogi has great lyrics. My favorites are Kimi no na wa kibou, Nandome no aozora ka, Inochi wa Utsukushii and Nani mo dekizu ni soba ni iru. But really, they have great lyrics, and they always surprise me with how introspective and deep some of them are.

16. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    kimi no na wa kibou, mukuchi na lion, and kizuitara kataomoi. especially kizuitara kataomoi, this song is a depressing unrequited love, even before fell in love. The lyrics are the opposite of watanabe mayu's deai no tsuzuki

17. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Ah, it has got to be "Nandome no Aozora ka" for me

How many blue skies has it been? Nobody’s been keeping count
    The sun will fall and rise again, everyday comes, a natural thing
    But something’s being forgotten
    How many blue skies has it been? Don’t let youth slip away
    Even when living the dream, look up at the sky sometimes (the clear sky)
    Don’t let yourself live in futility

Just close your eyes, and you’ll hear it
    The sounds that are coming from yourself
    Us, the sky, nothing’s so clear and simple

We don’t know when the next blue sky will come
    So look up at the sky now and start out on something

That we can do today…
    When the next blue sky comes, let’s notice it ourselves
    Even if we’re crying, the sun won’t set (if we keep looking)
    You can become even stronger

I’m living right now (even as time passes)
    I won’t let it flow away

Of all the lyrics I've read so far (Nogizaka) this one hits me, on a personal level. Gave me flashbacks...and tears

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. I've just translated the lyrics to Yuuutsu to Fuusen Gamu ("Bubble Gum and Depression") which is on the Harujion no Saku Koro standard edition CD.

2. As for my favorite lyrics, I don't know them all, but of the ones I do my favorite is Inochi wa Utsukushii, especially this part:
    Life is not forever
    It's like a fleeting flower.
    Instant by instant
    Is the meaning of being alive.

19. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Omg dude. Hoka is my no1 song and your qoute of the lyric is one of my fave lyric of all time.basically i always post that lyric on fb wechat n so on. Lol