Favorite Underrated Member or Ex-Member? Why?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Akari Hisakawa, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Akari Hisakawa

Akari Hisakawa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I feel like Takajo Aki, Kuramochi Asuka, and Akimoto Sayaka aren't really recognized as much as they really should be. Not sure how underrated they are but in my opinion, I feel like the should have more recognition than they received. I love them all anyway!

Have one in mind? Let me know!

2. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    IMO Akicha can't be considered as underrated tho, she has been senbatsu lock in every single (except janken single) since PonyShu until she slipped away in Gingham Check, and came back in SayoKuro senbatsu.

--------

Mine is Kinoshita Yukiko, a very talented girl with beautiful face and well-shaped body. Too bad, she was only senbatsu for 5 out of 15 singles (her last single was Bukiyou Taiyou)

Edit : 5 out of 14 singles (Tsuyokimono yo isn't counted)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  3. Akari Hisakawa

Akari Hisakawa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Ah you're right. I'm so sorry for the mistake

4. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    Takeuchi Miyu, Muto Tomu and Tano Yuka. Seriously such underrated members. I feel so bad for them they deserve better imo, especially Muto Tomu I swear management has forgotten she exists even tho she's quite popular.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Amina Sato is the perfect answer. She's cute, a good singer, and so popular, but management really hate her.

The next Amina is Tomu Muto.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    In general I feel most "variety type" members are underrated. Nishino Miki, Haruka Shimada, Miho Miyazaki, Nakanishi Chiyori, Tani Marika, Murashige Anna, even Minegishi Minami.

They are the biggest reason I have so much fun watching all of their TV shows, yet I think they never get/got the appreciation they deserve(d).

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Renacchi is very underrated with the fandom. She has top tier visuals and is a good singer and dancer but her fandom isn't strong.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Iwatathe Saho I hope after she joining produce48 and entering exam senbatsu she become more popular. The other is Oshima Ryoka that graduate too early

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Taniguchi Megu. So much auras that normies don't see & the management is pragmatic.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    TRUEEE. I don’t get people who don’t get Renacchi.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Muto Tomu, Tano Yuka and current 13th gen members in the group (expect Yuiri). I still don't understand why only Ryoka & Yuiri are the only members to be chosen in AKB48 senbatsu, Sahoo, Mogichan & Sakkii deserved to be in senbatsu, too.

12. antaressa20

antaressa20 Kenkyuusei

1. Sato Amina
    2. Kinoshita Yukiko
    3. Tano Yuka
    4. Takeuchi Miyu (her talent are no joke!!!)

13. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

AMINA always I always felt so bad for her.
    TANO, so gorgeous and talented, damn she was sooooo wasted in akb.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Fujita Nana's lack of exposure genuinely infuriates me. She's incredibly talented, but shes been on exactly one (non-team) song since 2014, excepting albums. It's unbelievable to me that one of AKB's top dancers can be so completely shafted. Honestly, it's at the point that I hope she gets offered a kaigai position in one of the new overseas Sus like Izurina and Abemaru did, since maybe they'll appreciate her.

her SSK poster this year just says "I'm still here!", and I'll be honest, I teared up a little seeing that. She deserves so much better.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I totally agree! Unfortunately due to her looks (darker skin and not the typical kawaii idol type face) she often gets overlooked by most fans and management. She is such a good dancer and really nice at handshakes too. Although I of course hope it doesn't happen yet, at this point I would totally understand it if she just gave up and graduated :(

16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    It is sad to see, but she got her chances when she won janken and twice in AKBingo dance battle which is her game. However her career never really took off.
    I really like Migiashi evidence, but yeah...even with a solo single she is still at her place.

MNL or MUM maybe a good place for her, I don't think she will do great in JKT tho. Don't know why.

17. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    MUM? Are you kidding? In India, pale skin is a priority and Naana is possibly the darkest 48G member. So no, I think it would definitely not suit her. No idea about what's popular in Philippines though.

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I know it's a thing and even Rie once called herself dark-skinned and was worried about it, but like that colorism shit is horrible.

As for underrated member I personally think it would be Mita Mao and Kinoshita Momoka; yea, Momoka was in some NMB A-sides, but she was never popular just known. I personally really loved these two weirdo's and Mao is still in NMB and I think she's a great idol. Oh and Izurina. Omg she makes me laugh so hard. She's hilarious, but I know due to her looks and maybe her mannerisms she never got recognized (she really was made fun of a lot).

For like old-school AKB I would go Maeda Ami and Kuramochi. They were great members. Mochi tho wasn't super underrated (I mean she was in French Kiss and made senbatsu).

19. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    It's probably not because of her looks. Even though the 48 group is full of potential super models there are popular members who are not that great looking.
    To name some from the top 20, imho Ogino Yuka has a strange face, Soda Sarina looks like a 40-years old and Matsumura Kaori is the laughing stock of SKE. In the Ebi! shows they made so much fun of Kaori and how "ugly" she is it wasn't even funny anymore.

20. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    There have always been underrated members. The reason is often hidden. Regarding Takajo she was of course in senbatsu for two years, place 12 and 11, but 2012 she fell down to 17. And before that sha was pushed a bit. After coming back from JKT48 she was at first like before but from Dome Tour 2013 she was out in the cold. No senbatsu, no center, no unit songs in concerts and so on. After her graduation I read something about an Indonesian student. Maybe the reason.

The same with Akimoto. I've read something about her staying over at a staff member. Then she was out. Maybe the same with Sato Amina.

Muto is also out in the cold. Why? Nobody knows.