Favorite Underrated Member or Ex-Member? Why?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Akari Hisakawa, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

^ That's some expertly thrown shade

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing with Amina is that all the A-sides she got in were the SSK songs.
    Iiwake Maybe, Heavy Roation and Flying Get.

Other girls that ranked around her like Myao or Kuramochi got a lot more than that.

No, she lost the captaincy.
    That was back in 2010 and she didn't leave until 2013.

Tomu isn't that underrated.
    Out of SSK songs, she's been in:
    • Kibouteki Refrain
    • Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai
    • Tsubasa wa Iranai
    • Shoot Sign
    • Negaigoto no Mochigusare
    Sure, she hasn't been in anything for a year, but I think that's more because of the mess she caused backing out of a SSK she had already applied for.

In no way she is the second coming of Amina when it comes to being ignored.

3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    To be fair Kaotan makes fun of herself. She was the self-proclaimed balding-idol lol. Even her photobook is called something like "unfiltered" or "unaltered". Something like that. She's always been pretty real about how she's not as thin as Tani Marika or not as pretty as Dasu/Rena/Any other girl who is popular. They do take it too far sometimes, but it's also like how Sasshi for years was like "I got no boobs or ass and I ain't cute so i have to make due with what I got" (albeit I always thought Sasshi was attractive lol). And how dare u Sally is the same age as me and we are both adorable bunny's lolol (I'm 25 not 40 lol). Ogiyuka is really pretty with the right styling imo. She's kind of plain-jane like and lots like that lol.

Izurina just never got anywhere and I don't really see many fans liking her or idk saying she's on their mind. There's lots like her tho so you're right it might not be due to her looks, but I still think it plays a decent part. Also tho Kaotan is technically underrated, but her fans really propelled her. Izurina just doesn't have the fans.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Sorry, I didn't want to bash Sally, it's just she looks so much older on her profile photos than she actually is. I don't think I saw her "Live" on a television show yet, but I assume she looks way different in real life. It's somewhat the same with Sashi who has some horrible photos (e.g. the 2016 one or the one from the HKT 6th anniversary) but looks really good in reality of course.
    Kaotan does make fun of herself and seems content she has/had the role of the clown of the group, so maybe that also helped with her poularity. On the other hand Izurina seemed to dislike the role of the laughing stock or bad looking member and maybe that's why she isn't more poular?

5. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I went to Sally's handshake once, I don't think she looks that much older. It's just that most idols at her age look younger than their real age, like 25-year-olds who can be mistaken for late teens. She just looks like an average 25-year-old in Japan I guess.

6. AriAditya_

AriAditya_ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakamotohimeka
    For me, I think Omori Miyu is really underrated. She's pretty, funny, & her voices is really good..

7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Pretty much. Only recently (so 2017+) she's sort of accepted that she's the "funny" one. She was apparently close to Kojiharu and such so maybe she was aiming to be more like her.

Exactly lol. She really does just seem like her age lol. Which I always liked older members that embraced their age or made fun of it. I seriously miss Kojiharu lolol.

8. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Iwata Karen, Iwasa Misaki