FES☆TIVE

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Cristafari, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    festive.jpg

FES☆TIVE
    Theme: "Festival From Japan"
    Year Formed: 2012
    Current Label: Tokuma Japan Communications

Official Website: http://festive.rizepro.net/
    Tokuma Group Page: http://www.tkma.co.jp/jpop_top/festive.html
    Official Blog: http://ameblo.jp/festive-rize/

FES☆TIVE, formed in 2012 made their US debut at J-pop Summit in 2015. More recently they performed in Thailand. Their theme is Japanese festivals. They are also active on the "CHEERZ" app. Recently they released their third single, which finished 10th on the Oricon weekly chart. You can see them perform regularly at various idol showcase events throughout the Kanto region, as well as their "home base" at Twin Box Garage in Akihabara.

MEMBERS:
    fsaria.jpg
    Mano Saria (Saria)

ruriko.jpg
    Doko Ruriko

fhinari.jpg
    Aoba Hinari (Hinarin)

fpiano.jpg
    Shiraishi Piano (Piano)

minami.jpg
    Minami Marika

saeko.jpg
    Kondo Saeko

Digital Single - Magical Parade

if the video does not show watch the video here

1st Major Single: Omatsuri Hero

2nd Single: Kingyo no Kinchan

3rd Single: Susume Zipangu

PV: Dondoko Matsuri Zumu - Moe Agare Taiko-chan (c/w track on type-c of 3rd single)

BTW, there are plenty of management authorized live performances on YouTube. Just search the group's name!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    Just saw them live at Belle Salle idol fes on March 6th. Must say, they are pretty energetic, have a nice set of songs and their fans seemed to be great, making their performance pretty wild.
    Wanted to see them again, but somehow couldn't make room in my schedule for it. Can definitely recommend them though. Had a lot of fun only watching them, even if I wasn't at the front for their performance =).

They are all pretty active on twitter, too. Maybe thats a good place to find out more about the individual members.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I considered going to that show, but decided to skip it. IIRC it was like 3500 to get in plus drinks, right? I have seen them like 9 times this year, all but one were solo shows. The only idol showcase type of show I saw them at was at Shinjuku ReNY. I went to Hinarin birthday at Tsutaya O-East, and Hiyo's birthday at TwinBox. I also went to most of their 3rd single release events.

I was going to put their twitter links on the OP. Maybe I will go back and edit.

Funny coincidence, and I mentioned some of this in the experience thread. Both FES☆TIVE and Wasamin are on the same record label. When I saw them last year in San Francisco I happened to be wearing a Wasamin shirt, which all the members commented on. In fact Hinarin said she was friends with Wasamin. So I asked Wasamin about it, and she was like "Yeah, I know who they are...." Later on we were talking about FES☆TIVE while in line and one of Wasamin's managers called them the "Busu Idol Group" Anyhow...

It turns out thaone of Wasamin's other assistants also works with FES☆TIVE. When she first saw me at an event she was so surprised. She couldn't believe I would be a fan of both FES☆TIVE and Wasamin. So I got the reputation of being a "Tokuma Fan"

Here are some of my 2-shots and chekis. Most of them are with Hinarin since she is my favorite member. But I also like Hiyo-chan, and am starting to like Kotone. Also, if anyone is interested in my report from last Summer about spending 2 days with FES☆TIVE in San Francisco. From my blog... http://www.intlwota.com/chuodori/?p=3135

IMG_3834.JPG
    All Hinarin. Top left was from the last day of release week at TwinBox Akihabara. Bottom left was from the first day of release week at Shinseido at Sunshine City. Bottom right is a "homework cheki" from Hinarin's birthday in Shibuya. On the back she wrote "I Love Chirs!" [hehe]

IMG_3835.JPG
    Top left Hiyo, Bottom left, Kotone, both on right are Hinarin.

Shamekai...

japanjan 119.jpg
    On her birthday. She was just getting over the flu In fact I think I may have caught it from her. Wouldn't be the first time an idol gave me her germs and got me sick.

japanmarch 116.jpg japanmarch 148.jpg
    Talk about fanservice!

japanmarch 117.jpg
    Hiyo is pretty much my height.

A few more pics from Hinarin's birthday, and one of Hiyo's birthday flowers...

japanjan 115.jpg japanjan 117.jpg japanjan 118.jpg japanjan 120.jpg japanfeb 103.jpg

While Wasamin is my Kami-oshi, FES☆TIVE is one of the two other groups I focus on when I go to Japan. (The other being Tokyo CLEARS) It is no longer the AKB schedule I am checking, it is these groups.

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Tokuma published an English Subbed version of their 3rd single PV

Some bonus live footage...

TIF 2015

Japan Expo Thailand 2016

J-Pop Summit San Francisco 2015

5. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Honami is one of the girls in in Sakidol Ace Survival season 5

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    New Album "Wasshoi Record" releases next week (2016/07/27)

Type A
    fesa.jpg

Type B
    fesb.jpg

The tracklists for the CDs are the same, except for Track #2

CDs are available at the usual overseas shops (CDJapan, HMV, etc.)

7. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    We pretty much knew Honami's graduation was coming. She hasn't been at a show for months. I think her parents may have pulled her out for failing grades. (Don't quote me on that though) Akari is sort of a surprise.

I saw them last week, and have a ticket for Hinarin's birthday next month.

9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Two new members introduced today at Hinarin's Birthday show.

I forget the name of the new white, but she is really cute. She actually looks a bit like a younger version of Honami. The fans were drooling over her.

The new pink was not getting as much attention, except for the fact that her name is Piano. I also read that she is from the Philippines.

Anyway, I met them both tonight, they are very nice. Piano tried very hard to make an impression on me. [hehe]

festive.jpg

http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20170119-00000087-the_tv-ent

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    New Single "Disco Retto Ukiyo no Yume" MV is out!

It will be released on February 22, 2017! The MV features Kato Rihona.

11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Went to see FESTIVE for the first time since February. I've just been cutting back on my non-Wasamin idol/music adventures. But I am starting to miss some of my favorite idols, so I thought I would pay Hinarin a visit. They were doing their regular 1-man Live at Twin Box Akihabara, which I like going to because 1) they play for over 45 minutes, as opposed to the regular idol shows with a ton of groups where they get 10-15 minutes, then an hour of selling time. And 2) Twin Box is relatively inexpensive. It was also my frst time seeing the two newbies actually performing. I was worried that they would stick out, and not in a good way. However, I think they blend in with the group very well. In any case, I had cheki's with Hinarin and Hiyo...

IMG_5844.jpg

I never bother trying to get more than one Hinarin ticket, since her line is always ridiculously long. Even if she is my favorite member, it just takes too long. I even do my best to queue early, but a lot of Hinarin fans have the same idea, and it is always a race to the front of the line. But Hinarin was happy to see me, and I wanted to know about this PB she apparently just released. She told me I could find at at MODI (HMV) in Shibuya, which was perfect since Wasamin was performing there two days later.

IMG_5847.jpg

It's a cute photobook. It was all shot at some resort in the snow. Tons of pics of her snowboarding and sledding, and later in the onsen. Nothing risque, unless you count her wearing the towl in the onsen risque. By far the cutest photos are those of her playing in the snow. The bad news? 3500 yen?!?!?!?! That is A LOT for a small photobook like this one. I mean Wasamin's PB was the same price, but it was much bigger. Anyway, I was committed to buying it, so I picked it up, despite the price. The funny part was that some of Wasamin's staff also work with FESTIVE, so they were laughing when they saw I picked up Hinarin's PB.

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Been a while since I reported on FESTIVE. Actually, it had been a while since I had seen FESTIVE too. But I did happen to catch them in July when they released their single Go to FES! Which I'm sure without accident was released just before TIF 2017. In fact, I happened to catch them on Furage day at Tower Kinshicho, so I was able to get all versions in one shot, without the pain in the ass of Preordering. Here is the full PV...

The other interesting aspect of this event was that a bunch of former Wasamin assistants were now working as staff for FESTIVE. Yamaue-san had been working for them for a while, and so had the DJ. But now Sasou-san and another Tokuma rep were there too. (Wasamin and FESTIVE share the same label, and the members are always excited to tell me when they encounter Wasamin, LOL) The funny thing was that they were all on staff for Wasamin's July concert at Otemachi too, which is why at one point Yamaue-san had dubbed me the "Tokuma Fan". Anyway...

IMG_6884.JPG

I had enough tickets to visit with both Hinari and Hiyo. I took a cheki with Hinari, and did a handshake with Hiyo. It was basically a chance to play catch up and for me to explain why I hadn't been around lately. Actually, there are a couple of reasons, which I will explain below. But there was that, I participated in the release week, and got my singles. I considered going to a couple of their weekend events as well, but blew them off. Little did I know it would be almost five months until I would see them again. This time, for a new single. OIDEMASE!! ~Gokuraku~

It was actually a complete whim that I decided to go see them. I was home with nothing to do, and I started checking to see if any of the idol groups I like had shows that evening. Lo and behold, FESTIVE was doing a release event in Ikebukuro. But I would have to leave soon if I wanted to make it, and I was also hungry. I left my apartment, not sure where I was going, when the bus came down the street. Well, I guess the universe was telling me something, since that bus was going to Ikebukuro, so I jumped on. FESTIVE here I come!

festive1.jpg

It turned out the CD was coming out this week, and this was the last Preorder event. I ended up getting two copies so I could get an autographed cheki with Hinarin. A few of FESTIVE's regulars were there, and they said that Hinari would surely be happy to see me again, since it had been a while. They also informed me that there would only be six members at this event. Yuna-chan had another event she needed to attend, but the other member...Well, that's another story. I don't want to spread rumors, but the scuttlebutt is that another FESTIVE graduation may be on the horizon.

At least Hinari was there, since she is the main reason I go see this group. They performed the new song, along with Go to FES! and a couple of their older songs. I noticed two things during the performance. 1) FESTIVE are not great singers, and my favorite member is no exception. Most of the groups I see these days have good singers. Wasamin is good, Minyo Girls are good, Chaki is good, even KissBee is good. So it was kind of odd to go watch a group that is sorta off-key and screechy. The second thing I noticed was that the guy standing next to me smelled horrible. I swear it was like he was hiding a corpse in his jacket. It was so overwhelming that I had to move to the back of the venue.

Anyway, the singing isn't really one of the big reasons I haven't been going to see FES☆TIVE lately, but it may have a little to do with it. I have been cutting down on my indie idol stuff a lot. It is just so expensive to be doing day after day. Also, FESTIVE had developed this small contingency of young dickhead fans who annoy the shit out of everyone. It was just a pain to share space with these little clowns. I will still try to see them when they play at TwinBox Akihabara, but they have to catch me on a good night. And they aren't the only ones. I haven't seen Tokyo CLEARS or Chaki in ages either. Anyway...

IMG_6880.JPG IMG_6883.JPG

I was one of the first in line to take a cheki with Hinarin, but I would have to wait for the handshake only people to go first. As promised, she was very happy to see me, and we spent a little time catching up. She also dropped the bombshell that Yamaue-san got married. I told her I was jealous, since I always thought Yamaue-san was cute. (although they have a really cute girl working with them now) I told her I saw Sasou-san the day before at Wasamin's concert in Hamamatsucho. Meanwhile, their manager was laughing that Hinarin is busy gossiping with the foreign fan about the Tokuma staff. She also asked me if I was coming to see them in Shibuya for Furage day, and like a sucker I said okay.

IMG_6881.JPG

I was fine with going to Tower Shibuya since I was in the mood for Mexican food, and they just opened another Guzman Y Gomez branch right across the street from the store. Plus, I had never been to the Sky Garden of Tower Records before. It's kinda cool, although I think it would be nicer on a Summer afternoon. The good news was that the group sounded a lot better at this event. Their singing wasn't as bad, and they were a lot more energetic, so that made me happy. A couple of performance shots from their official Twitter...

festive3.jpg festive4.jpg

There was an extremely long delay between the performance and the meet and greet. Luckily I wasn't too far back in Hinari's queue, which is usually the longest. Since the event was outdoors at night, (in late November!) the members wore coats over their outfits and Tower aprons. Meanwhile Hiyo-chan and Miki weren't busy, so they were waving hello to me and smiling. I felt bad that I didn't get a ticket for Hiyo. Same with Miki, since she is so nice, but I rarely get a ticket for her.

I had assumed that the delay was that they could go get the girls' jackets. So I asked Hinari if that was a new jacket. She said it was, and that she bought it in Takadanobaba for 1000 yen. What a great deal, I exclaimed! I told her I liked the Sky Garden, and asked if FESTIVE has ever performed on top of Seibu Ikebukuro. (KissBee performs there a lot, and I really like it) Hinari said they played there just recently, and she agreed that it was nice. By the way, they took a commemorative shot with the fans...

festive2b.jpg

And with that I took off since I did have homework to do that night. I'm not sure when I will see FESTIVE again, but hopefully it won't be five months from now.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  14. Big Bangohan

Big Bangohan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    uemurarina
    This was a cool thread to find. I'm not familiar with the group at all, but I'm going to a show they're playing in January to see Yanakoto Sotto Mute. I actually dig the MVs in here, so I think I'll look into them some more to have more familiarity going into the show and appreciate it a bit more.

15. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Twin Box Akihabara Regular One-Man Live (2018/03/19)

With the pending graduations of Yuna-chan, Koto, and Miki looming, I decided to go and see FES☆TIVE one last time in their current formation, especially since I won't be able to see their graduation stage this coming weekend. Since my friend Anthony is a fan of both Yuna and Kotone, I invited him along.

fest2.jpg

According to their official blog, they were expecting an unusually large crowd, and highly recommended making a reservation, which I did. Although it seemed for the most part like the usual crowd size at Twin Box. If you have been to that venue before, it is tiny and cramped, even more so than Twin Box Garage upstairs. A had a couple of cocktails at The HUB before heading to the venue. Not to mention I have a bunch of Twin Box drink tickets leftover from previous shows. I thought I would be able to spend a few of them, but when I told my friend he handed me a few more, since according to him he never uses them, LOL. I guess I need to there one night and just drink!

I was trying to decide who I wanted to purchase cheki tickets for. Of course I would be getting a Hinarin ticket, that was a given. I thought I might want to meet with one of the pending grads, but I have skipped seeing Hiyo-chan the last two events I have attended, and she's my #2 girl in this group. I would hate to skip over her for someone else, so I got a second ticket for Hiyo.

It was your usual Twin Box live. Loud, lots of fans going wild. My friend and I stayed in the back because he has some sort of inner-ear issue, and didn't want to be close to the speakers. That's fine, I'll get less sweaty that way. They opened with some 3-nin unit I wasn't familiar with Hinarin, Koto and Yuna. The song was really good though. When I hear a song I'm not familiar with, I always assume it is from their album, which I have never purchased. In fact, they did a few unit songs during the main part of the show as well. There was one song in particular that I liked, something "Nichiyoubi." But I couldn't find it on any of their tracklists.

All three of the graduating members looked really loose and carefree on stage, in a good way. Kotone was really getting into the performance, working the crowd. It's interesting, I really like Kotone a lot, although for some reason I have never really clicked with her at handshakes. But tonight I had my eyes on her for much of the show, almost as much as Hinarin. They referenced the fact many times that this was the last twin box performance for the three members, and during the last song Piano started sobbing uncontrollably. I was a cute moment.

fest4.jpg

It was the usual clusterf**k setting up for handshakes. I usually run for Hinarin's lane right off the bat since it usually gets very long very quickly. However, I was slightly confused since some of the signs were different, and I couldn't tell where her line was. Moreover, the two HUGE queues didn't seem to be hers. Finally, I found this extremely short queue with just 3 girls in it. This was Hinarin's lane? What happened??? I'm hoping it was for the graduation since the lines for Kotone and Yuna-chan were huge. I wish I could say the same for Miki's queue, but alas... Anyway, I was 4th in line for Hinarin, so I made it to her fairly quickly. I had planned on what to talk to her about, but they took our cheki quickly, so I got thrown off explaining the pose we did (It's supposed to be the dance move from their last single) She laughed when I said that, like "Oh yeah!" She then mentioned that she could see me all the way in the back, and thanked me for bringing a bunch of orange glowsticks. (I don't bring them all the time) I was basically apologizing for not seeing her in a while, neglecting to mention I skipped her birthday show. When I said the last time I saw her was at Tower Shibuya, she remembered. "That's right, that was the last time" But I told her I really wanted to see everyone one more time before the group changed. My time was up, and it was time for me to go visit Hiyo-chan.

BTW, Hiyo-chan was once again waving to me while I was in Hinarin's queue. I was really happy I had a ticket for her this time, since she remains cool with me even if when I don't have a ticket for her. While I was waiting for Hiyo, Saria started smiling and waving to me. That was a first. I am used to Miki and Piano doing that, but not Saria. I was at the front of the queue fairly quickly. Interestingly, Hiyo-chan remembers that I take Japanese classes, and was asking me how it was going. I told her I go three times a week, and am also studying Japanese history. It was right in the middle of this conversation when the camera showed up. In fact I didn't even remember taking the shot, LOL. Hiyo-chan said my Japanese was improving, and wished me luck.

fest5.jpg

My friend was just using his first ticket, but I was done, and itching to get out of that stuffy club despite the fact it was raining outside. An interesting side-story, I went for a little walk, and was approached by some random guy offering me "Sexy time" with an idol, and was showing me photos on his phone of young girls, who I think he might have pulled off the 48-group websites. I told the guy I didn't want any trouble, and then told him I only had 3000 yen on me, at which point he got the message and walked away. I can only imagine what kind of scam that was, but I'm sure whatever it was, it wasn't going to involve "sexy time" with an idol, LOL. But back to FES☆TIVE.

This is kind of an end of an era of sorts. I first saw FES☆TIVE in San Francisco three years ago, and it was such a memorable experience. For the past 2 1/2 years I have maintained that "Idol-fan relationship" with them. After these three leave, that's pretty much two-thirds of the original group gone. Lucky for me, my two favorites have both hung on since the beginning. And I must admit, Saria and Piano have ultimately meshed in very well with the group, which was something I wasn't sure about last year. The rumor is they are lining up three replacements as we speak, so what this group turns into will be interesting. My friend Anthony pretty much said he would be retiring from idols after this (he also likes Alice Project), but he might go and see KissBee with me if I catch him on a good night. For me, as long as Hinari is still there I will stick with them....I think.

17. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
  18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Uh oh, all three of them look super cute! Last night I saw Chiba CLEARS for the first time and had a similar reaction. “Wow, they are all so cute!”

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Hinari and her lolis. LOL. The dynamic of this group has definitely changed.

fest6.jpg

20. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    180402 Performance videos from FES☆TIVE Youtube channel with Hinari and the lolis. Also Reia with short hair too.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018