Fixed Center in Keyakizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by oji-sama, Mar 31, 2016.

?

Should Hirate Yurina be Keyakizaka46's Fixed Center?

1. Yes.

37 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. No, another member.

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. No, dynamic center.

85 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    That's a very interesting argument. Personally, I would still be opposed. It's stripping the other members of opportunities and only helping the center. But if it really helped the group, management would disregard the opinions of the fans and have the center position fixed anyways

2. kazu55

kazu55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    Twitter:
    MacRedmoon
    I can't argue that there's chance if a fixed center could bring more coverage and popularity. But what will happen if the fixed center is graduate? Most likely the ship is going to sink. Even if it was in a slow progress, I'll still go with give every members an equal chance to shine.

Well, they're still an idol group with massive number of members. And it is already bad enough to see Nogi is currently has a likely staple senbatsu, make someone as fixed center is not on my wishlist, no matter how good she is.

3. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The thing is, with NMB they tried to even out the top ranks and give other members a chance the moment they realized that SayaMilky graduating would be a huge blow. They had SayaMilky center Ibiza Girl, then switiched to Miru and Fuuchan for Rashinkunai, then had Nana in the center for Don't Look Back, then air dropped Ririka for Durian Shounen. Unlike SKE, at least NMB tried lmao

I think it would be better to go the Nogi route, have someone (Hirate) be the center for 1-3 singles, then change the center to someone else, or just have double centers. It helps balance the group out and gives each girl a chance to be at the top (which boosts their popularity). Everyone wins with that option so it would be stupid to have a fixed center.

4. air

air Kenkyuusei

Techi is the youngest in Keyaki, her being centre and having massive popularity is the most ideal scenario for Sony (unlike Nogi where Nanase and Maiyan still dominates and popularity in the group is still massively tethered to the older members).

Besides, handshake results show that Techi hasn't single handedly hogged the tickets.

Keyaki has been brilliant, and Hirate as the centre was the best decision Sony could have made. If they finally go down the 16-person senbatsu route for the 3rd single, Techi may well remain the centre still, and it will probably be wise to do so.

Right now, while Techi deals with the public image, Sony would be carefully observing as to who the ‘aces’ are instead - the most important thing in the long run.

Yoshimoto tried, even with the Request Hour concert this year they are making it obvious that the new gens are being pushed.

Besides, as much as I think SKE management is absolutely useless, it's not their fault that wMatsui is so strong; same goes for SayaMilky/Sayanee.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Techi is youngest in Kanji Keyaki, not Keyaki altogether. But the point is still accurate.

SKE management is absolutely at fault for Jurina's domination. SKE has the worst "no, we'll tell you who you like" management in the whole industry.

6. air

air Kenkyuusei

Personally ignoring HiraKeya at the moment (except Neru) ._.

And what I mean is the idol power wMatsui and SayaMilky possess, not what management does with it.

Mismanagement is to blame for SKE's downfall, but there is no denying the raw potential and the high level of completion versus the rest of their peers for the two pairs of girls.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Keyakizaka46 is still a new group, only four months out from their debut. Techi has become the public face of the group and they will ride her for this single, and probably one more at least, to make sure the group is really established. Then they can try others, spreading the wealth and giving young Techi a rest.

We will have some idea how established this group is when we see the sales figures for SekaAi. The first-day sales will be an indicator: are they closer to 200,000, like last time, or will they rise above that to 300,000 or more? The handshake sales promise a higher total. But the longer-term sales will be important, too, since they are trying to spread the group's popularity beyond idol otaku to girls/women and even some older people.

Personally, I think Techi is the most talented member of the group, in just about all ways, and her great capability at such a young age creates a kind of fascination both in girls her age and in older people, even more than in male otaku. She's not my own favorite, nice as she is, but I recognize quality when I see it. However, you do need a succession plan in any business, and although Techi is not likely to leave any time soon, she may come to be in demand in film and TV or even as a solo act.

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't want to get my hopes up but I can't help but feel like I'd be disappointed by anything under 280k day 1 sales

9. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I think they are sticking with Techi for a while, at least until the group becomes fully established with the public and not only as a one hit wonder, but she has the 'it' factor: she's a pretty girl, talented and young. She was even compared to Yamaguchi Momoe (a legend), and that helps her to give more recognition, besides, her handshake sales are doing pretty good.

I think that a dynamic center can be implemented in the future, especially with other members having outstanding sales, but they need first to lock a known name. They are young, and Sony has done a great job in promoting their girls, so I don't think we would face a catastrophe in the levels that SKE is currently in (NMB is at least trying to give more variety and promote better their younger faces).

10. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I think having the potential for other members to be centres(even if it's like 3 singles Techi, 1 another, 1 duo, back to Techi for a bit) will help foster a good competitive environment. I've seen a few interviews where members mention wanting to stand in the centre position and I think it's good to be able to aim for it.(unlike with ske48 with members no matter how well they sold could never get any decent positions...)

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

One important thing we saw at the Tokyo Idol Festival over the weekend was the way Takahiro choreographed the full version of SekaAi to give good lines of sight even to the back row people; to give every line a time in front; and to get people like Uemura, Yukka/Nen (and I'm not sure who else) a time at centre. I personally am not particularly into the competition aspect, but I'd like to see the prominence spread a bit more, so people don't feel ignored. It's thrilling to watch the weekend performances and see more faces clearly: Mii-chan, Yone-san, Fuu-chan, etc. And Mona with her little smile looked great, especially from a temporary second-row position. These same adjustments seem to be part of the Kataru Nara MV, too.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  12. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Fixed center is never good for the group. I would rather have a rotating center based on HS although that has it's flaws too but better than fixed center.
    But I think my biggest problem now is the fact Techi has gotten too much. I would not have much complain if she is just center, but not having another solo single and solo PV, hogging screentime in their PV and being main character in the drama. Give chance to other members at least in their B-sides.
    Yeah I like seeing that too but the problem is 90% of the time they will perform the cutdown version of Sekai at the music shows which never feature 2nd and 3rd row members. It would be even better if it's like Nogi46's Hadashi de Summer which gives prominence to 2nd and 3rd row members even in the cutdown version.

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm afraid I feel the same. I'm expecting closer to 300K, what with them being so much better known now, and the fantastic handshake sales. And the TV spot looks to me as if it could be very effective. Great expansive feeling.

if the video does not show watch the video here

@baymon: Good point about the short version. Maybe Takahiro can work some magic and expose more of the back rows. Not likely, but it would be nice.

14. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I don't really think having a super fixed center actually benefits a group (people say it helps the group attract the generally public but I've never seen a group that gave time to a variety of members and thought "damn, I'm lost, why don't they just give one girl all the focus") Obviously in a group like Keyaki they have to have some members who get more focus than the rest but putting all that on one member isn't good for that members development or the other girls in the long run (because when that girl graduates early due to the stress the other girls aren't ready to pick up the slack and replace her)
    I've seen this happen in other idol groups before and don't want it to happen with Keyaki.