1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Fujiyoshi Karin (Karin) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 4, 2018.

1. cinnangetea

cinnangetea Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fujiyoshi Karin
    Exactly what I have been thinking. By the way, what kind of character do you think would suit her? Or what kind of role she would play well?

2. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Horror films and kaiju movies :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

She can do romantic, dramatic roles too.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. notalice

notalice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fujiyoshi Karin
    Considering that it's her first acting experience, she did an excellent job. I'm so proud of her! She must have been working really hard on her acting, it seems so natural to me. If she continues to work in this direction and keeps improving, she can become a really good actress. Potential is definitely there.

Anyway, can't wait for the second episode. I want to see her acting again :cute:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She's doing little interviews giving her reactions to each episode and the producer is so pleased with them that they are planned to continue weekly. I can't claim to understand everything she says, but her amazing manner -- forthright, natural, strangely shy -- is entrancing. The producer says she is full of empathy for the characters. He says she reads through the whole script, even the parts she does not appear in, and attends most of the recording. Here's the interview posted Friday.

She's beginning a diary in her blog, starting with talking about a wonderful meal she ate, and adding some photos from backstage at the Risa concert rehearsals:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Her amazing "manner" as you call it answers the question: "There is something about Karin...". I'll break some legs at S&F if she is not the 5th single center. :^^;:

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Karin deserves a single center... At least one if not more...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I guess S&F knows its business, and can judge who idol fans want to see -- or what kinds of artists they have wanted to see in the past, anyway -- but really I think they are totally missing out by not taking advantage of such a special personality and talent. Sure, Karin is not up to speed with the banter, but for me she has something so much more interesting, both as a personality and in the gracefulness of her dancing (not athleticism, but grace).

I was watching the little video I linked to and also Techi's MUSIC BLOOD video from April 1st, where she is interviewed with her dancers and they show some recent dance performances. Karin is natural and present in a similar way. I was thinking that they both appear to be not school-smart. Techi was way behind in school at one point, and I kind of think Karin is no academic genius, either. But they both have some indefinable special quality that sets them apart...at least for me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. notalice

notalice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fujiyoshi Karin
    I don't think she'll become a single center any time soon, but I have a feeling she's the center of the album's lead track. There were quite a few signs that point to this. Being an album center is not quite on the same level as being a single center but it's still good, it can prove that she's still considered one of the important members. (It would be funny if all the signs are just a coincidence and she's not the center of the album after all...)

Anyways, even if I'm mistaken about all this, I hope that there's still a Karin centered song in the album. She has improved *so much* since the last time she was given a center position, she definitely deserves a new song. And after her phenomenal Dead end performance I can't help but hope for a cooler song for her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Sakuzaka channel new video

• Like Like x 2
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Backstage shots from Azatokute (click/tap to enlarge):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Karin's weekly reflections on the new episode (ep4):
    https://twitter.com/azatokute/status/1540537236034572288

[​IMG]
    • She says she really enjoyed the script of the third episode when she read it, but thought there might be more that she hadn't noticed and went back and read it again.
    • She watched the episode when it was broadcast last week, and saw things she didn't see when she was watching the filming
    • She just can't help being fascinated by the central couple's story. It really struck her when the main girl came home in the evening and found the guy who was becoming her boyfriend waiting outside her apartment building (he seemed to have a gift in his hands).
    • She felt deeply the advice given the main character by a senpai at the company. Giving advice like that is something she couldn't do herself. But she did make one suggestion to the group (of actors).

14. determillusion

determillusion Kenkyuusei

I find similarity between Karin & Urabe Mikoto so if one day they adapt Mysterious Girlfriend X into LA series or movie.. i wish Karin could starring as the heroine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

I just had a virtual talk with Karin for the first time about 20 mins ago. Gave the usual “nice to meet you” greeting and briefly talked about W-Keyaki Fes since that just happened yesterday. The best part, however, was when I asked my standard “what’s your favorite English word/phrase” question I like to ask when first meeting a member. It went something like this(in Japanese except when surrounded by quotation marks):

Karin: English?

Me: Yep. English!

Karin: *laughing, panicked* English?!

Me: Tough, huh?

Karin: But I can’t speak English!

Me: What about “Microscope”

Karin: *laughing, suddenly confident* “Microscope!”

*time expires*

It probably doesn’t translate well to text, but her reaction when I suggested “microscope” as an answer was so damn funny. She was also wearing an outfit that suited her quite well, to the point where even I (as someone who knows little about fashion) took note. I guess she was named one of the most stylish members in the group for a reason.

Anyway, just a fun little story (in my opinion) so I thought I’d share.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Episode 9 of the drama ("Azatokute nani ga warui no?") will feature Karin's character. A serious conversation alone with, I think, her boyfriend. He asks: "Do you really love me?" As comments say, some great facial expressions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thursday evening radio show "Speakeasy" featured Karin, Hono and Takahiro! Lots of positive comments about how good it was.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    • Takahiro talked most, of course. One comment said Takahiro:Hono:Karin was 5:3:2. As expected.
    • Takahiro apparently said that Hono was the most "stoic" member and Karin the member who was most able to express her feelings.
    • He recalled the shooting of the MV for Guuzen no Kotae, where Karin felt what she was singing so deeply that she was crying at the end of the song. He said the director was so shaken that he forgot to stop the cameras rolling:

[​IMG]

• He asked Hono and Karin what Sakurazaka as a group was trying to express. He said Nogi was an ideal future. Hinata magical enjoyment. And Keyaki/Sakura was "reality". One comment said this was a great question that the magazines should ask idols.
    • [EDIT] Hono agreed that Sakurazaka wanted to convey the real world. Karin agreed, saying it was "a world view without the camera."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  18. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

Happy birthday karin
    IMG_20220828_175651.jpg

19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Happy Birthday to Karin!
    :ome:

I sincerely hope she is the 5th single center. I can't think of any other 2nd gen member that deserves the most. Morita, Hono and Ten already centered a single, and Karin is next in line (As I doubt any 1st gen would center one).

20. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    happy birthday!