1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Fujiyoshi Karin (Karin) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I just had a chance to see the new MTV Inside -- Sakurazaka46 #2. A total must-see for any Karin fan. About half of the hour is devoted to Plastic Regret and Naze Koi, with full performances and also lots of discussion about the choreography, sense and performance, from Karin and several members (especially Inoue, Masumoto, Yumiko, Pe-chan and Hono). They said how hard the Naze Koi choreography was, with the strings. bilibili link

So much Karin. It's wonderful. She's wonderful. I realized that one of the things I like and admire about her dance is that every movement, besides being full and graceful, is fully convinced. She seems to believe in every bit of every movement. Nothing is half-hearted. I hope Takahiro appreciates her dance as much as I do.

And when she talks, she's really thinking and trying to come up with an answer to the questions. Nothing facile. She isn't capable of faking things, it appears. Even if sometimes she isn't able to come up with something to say. And I love her speaking voice, with that accent.

She says that when she first saw the Naze Koi lyrics, she thought she definitely couldn't do it. She has said elsewhere that she doesn't know about love. It was very different from the straight-ahead approach of Keyaki songs, she says. The smiling and the love song, she really didn't want to do them. But she was able to come to an understanding of the song that worked for her.

What her new understanding was, she couldn't explain. Inoue said that Karin talked to people and got the idea of rebirth. Changing from Keyaki to Sakura was rebirth, and falling in love was another kind of rebirth. Masumoto said that it was a song from the moment of rebirth, and the group did it with that idea. Karin said that, gradually, talking to people and working on it, the feeling of the song changed inside her. This made very happy about it, and she could do it. This may sound dangerous, but I can't help thinking: "She's an artist."

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @ukifune I think I'm smelling new oshi potential in your words. Which I completely agree with :chuffed:
    Karin is all of that and much more.
    Personally I'm a fan of her "laid back" personality.
    She doesn't need to succeed no matter the cost.
    She doesn't HAS to win.... but once she's chosen or once she has to do something, she gives her all.

As for her skills, if I'm not wrong she took part of a dance competition with Takahiro sensei as judge... that has to mean something lol

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Well, yes. Oshi potential. But it's too soon for me to make any move. I've made her my avatar on twitter, though. I agree with everything you say about her.

She does have a long history in dance, I believe. I just checked and you're right, it was she who had Takahiro judge a competition she was in. My "official" Keyaki oshi was Mon-chan, whose striding to the front in the SaiMajo MV captivated me and whose continuing dance excellence held me. I don't think Karin has Suzumoto's technical ability, but I think she has more grace and even more artistry.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. notalice

notalice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fujiyoshi Karin
    It was definitely Karin. They talked about it in Keyakitte Kakenai Ep. 181 :)

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Perfectly right. I checked earlier and changed my post. Thanks for posting, though. Please set me straight again if you see anything. I'd also forgotten it was Karin who said she was a bad cook but could do omurice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

New Karin blog post with instant-print pics of Karin and Inoue. Also screencaps, links and discussion of the outstanding MTV Inside -- Sakurazaka46 #2.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Here are a few comments from Twitter about this photo:
    -- Not Karin-chan but Fujiyoshi Karin-san
    -- Unfair! Almost no text at all and then this!
    -- Karin-chan is absurdly handsome
    -- Wow! lol What an oshi, lol....
    -- Sometimes Karin-chan has such destructive power.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

By the way, it seems that Karin-chan had chosen me as "member I want as a girlfriend" on SokoSaku's Mote-Member Grand Prix episode the other day, but I had actually chosen Karin-chan as "member I want as a girlfriend" as well...

☺️

#minamitalk
    I draw photo of karin. I love her so much.karin like my daughter to me.
    IMG_20210304_190732.jpg
    Fujiyoshi Karin's Monthly Greetings Card

「March」
    Thank you for watching us on this month too. It almost cherry blossom season, isn't it? It seems i'm going to fight pollen. Everyone, let's get over it. Please treat me well this month too. https://t.co/add6nvq1r3
    https://twitter.com/pecellele_46/status/1367762532048367616?s=19

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I was just looking back at Karin's first and second audition Showrooms. No wonder she was so popular. And she seemed surprisingly relaxed. No "looking like she's angry" at all. Bilibili has one file that seems to include all her audition Showrooms (with Chinese subs) for anyone who's interested. Twelve hours and 45 minutes' worth.

In the second broadcast she said her own name at about the 1:16 mark. A comment says how cute it is when she realizes what she did (candidates were not supposed to ever say their real names). There's a video compilation of her saying her name 19 times over the various broadcasts.

And she continues to inspire art (see above). A Korean Twitter account just published an amazing animation of the strings part of Naze Koi.

There's now a YouTube of the TGC performances (runway plus Naze Koi, Buddies, Nobody's Fault). Karen is clearly trying to smile more...maybe too much. It's nice to see, but I felt that her performance of Naze Koi was not quite as elegant as it has been. Until she did a couple of those superlatively graceful arm wheels. Maybe she was worried about the modelling, or concentrating too much on smiling rather than feeling the dance.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I guess part of her current appeal is that Karin is turning that corner, from a girl into a woman.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. notalice

notalice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fujiyoshi Karin
    I think the reason why her dance in TGC performance was somewhat awkward is the costume. There are a lot of movements in Naze Koi choreo that look better in those dresses. Also, imo Karin's dance looked perfectly fine in Buddies and Nobody's fault.

As for smiling, I don't think she tried to smile. Karin seems like the person who can't actually fake her emotions and her mood strongly influences how she does things or how she's socializing with everyone (like, for example, in one of KeyaKake remote episodes Matsuri explained to new 2ki how to check Karin's mood/condition, or how during The Last Live rehearsals Ten came to ask Karin for snacks only when she was in a good mood lol). So I'm convinced that Karin's performances (her expressions in performances) also depend on her mood. I mean, there are Naze Koi performances where she barely smiles and looks almost aggressive which clearly doesn't suit the song. But there are also a lot of performances where she just can't stop smiling and looks so bright and happy. So when I see her shining and smiling I always think to myself, oh so she's in a good mood today. And Karin was in a good mood that day, she was so excited for TGC :)
    Personally, I like this performance even if her dance looks stiff in some moments. I love seeing her so happy and enjoying every second of performance, that is enough for me hahaha.

(I don't usually post here since I'm not confident in my English but I hope this post makes sense)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@notalice -- I agree about the costumes: the dresses work better. I'll watch the performances again with your ideas in mind. And don't worry about your English, it was smooth and clear. EDIT: I've watched again and you're right, it's not so awkward. They were wearing pant-suits with a skirt-like piece of material on them. Sometimes the outfit confused my eye. But basically Karin looked fantastic in the pant-suit, especially at more static moments in Nobody's Fault, with her long limbs and strong stance. I even got used to the perfect smiles.

I watched a few Karin matome (”compilation"; search: 藤吉夏鈴ちゃんまとめ)videos from YouTube last night and came away with even more admiration. Sharp and funny. Direct and real. Good (if weird) comic timing. Dry wit.
    • When Rikopi "admitted" that she had an unrequited love for Karin, the hosts asked Karin if she might return the feeling, and Karin replied simply "no," with a little shiver, as if to say "no way!".
    • Or when she was asked how she felt about something and she was silent for a long time, making uncertain gestures with her hands, then said, "It's good, isn't it?" as if there had never been any doubt.
    • The way she smiled and shook her head when asked if she had been telling her father the truth that she enjoyed the family's day by the sea. She said that she appreciated him giving his only day off to treat the family.
    • Her dozens of emotionally significant little expressions (the expressions we often call "cute," but that are more than that).
    • Her cry of pain when Rikopi tapped her knee to tell her to be her comedy partner.
    • When Sawabe was supposedly trying to teach her how to smile and was doing a little comic bit, how she turned to the members near her and in a very fake way said how funny he was.
    • When she got her multiplication tables all wrong and Sawabe asked her why she said 7x10 was 170, she answered "why?" in a beautiful way that implied she didn't have anything like a reason. High-class stuff.

And in her dance, she is expressing all the time. It seems to me she is the member who is closest to having Hirate's powers of expression in performance. She tends to express with her body more than her face and voice. As she moves, she adjusts her body shape in subtle ways that express attitudes and feelings.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

20210308_055843.jpg
    Karin send 3 photo on the 6th March like this .soooo cute.all photo in megane

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I read several ecstatic comments from Japan about the megane pics in Talk. And people posted previous bespectacled pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The "old granny" pic was a big hit during the auditions, where those top two pics come from.

I hadn't seen Karin on SokoSaku for two weeks, but at the end of last night's show she was shown saying why she voted for KobaYui as best boyfriend: when they are rehearsing, and they are supposed to be all together, but the timing is very slightly different, no-one else seems to notice, but Yui immediately says, in a low voice: "That's off." (hen 変, "weird," "changed"). Karin called that and/or Yui herself "cool" (kakkoii). I appreciate it so much that what impresses Karin is good work. And especially good dance.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Federico

Federico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    Karin today on Nonno magazine!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

I'm no pleased and satisfied how sokosaku recording lately. Why didn't All members present in the studio just like before. Not only karin . Many members didn't get any screentime like yumiko kaichou also. Sadly karin didn't get any vote for best boy friends.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm hoping it's because she's busy: the new Smart News ads, rehearsing/recording the song(s) she centres on the new release, magazine(s).... I hope. I was glad to see her so featured on the Smart News ads.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  17. notalice

notalice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fujiyoshi Karin
    It's not that Karin isn't present on the show, she's there, she's just not in the studio. It's clear that the number of members that could be present in the studio is limited now (probably because of covid? Like how it was in keyakake when they came back to the studio after remote episodes). Also, Karin said many times that she isn't good at talking and she prefers to just sit there and enjoy listening to everyone else. So she doesn't get any screen time just because... she doesn't do or say anything interesting. So there's nothing to worry about. Eventually Karin will get her chance to shine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The audio of Karin's coupling song on the BAN release -- Guuzen no Kotae ("A chance reply") -- will be premiered on the Kochi Hoshi radio show this coming Sunday at 23:30h. Karin will also be on the show, with host Ozeki. The shows usually turn up pretty quickly on YouTube (櫻坂46こちら有楽町星空放送局).

And Karin's video for the Summoner's War campaign will be released Friday, according to the game's official twitter account. It will appear on the campaign's homepage, as Ten-chan's video does now.

I love the signed picture of Karin that will be given away as part of the campaign:

[​IMG]

And here's what appears to be her character (monster) in the game, Bastet. The name comes from the ancient Egyptian cat-goddess Bastet, protector of Lower (i.e., northern) Egypt, daughter of the great gods Ra and Isis, and wife of the god Ptah. This is her "awakened" form in the game:

[​IMG]

EDIT: New Karin blog post translated. About the new TV ads for Smart News.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I see a Japanese matome site piece (based on 5channel, probably) where someone suggests that people who supported Hirate, Suzumoto or Neru have all become Ozono supporters. One reply says maybe, another says no-one who supported Techi or Mon would support her, and three more seem to indicate that they themselves have become Karin fans. Hmmm. See my own list in sig below.

Nothing at all against Zono, of course. A coming star.

EDIT: Another matome piece asks why Karin got such a good song as Naze Koi. One poster says that Aki-P ("Yasusu," lol) saw this person who was solitary and distant from love, who found people bothersome, and wondered what would happen if she found love.

Another reply says Yasusu saw someone like Keyaki's "boku," who was introverted and hated school, and imagined getting her stirred up.

Another says that what's great is to see standing on stage an idol who is sullen in normal life but wants to change.

Another says that it's the gap where an idol who is normally low-tension becomes really intense on stage.

I agree with that last point, but I think it was possibly Takahiro who saw someone who had something special about her dancing, and really wanted to feature her. I should say that I think a lot of the members now are good dancers, but Karin's ease and smoothness make her special: it looks to me as if she never pushes too far and never seems to have to reach. And her movements seem easy and elegant, as well as sharp.

EDIT: The Karin news just doesn't stop. Not only will she be on KochiHoshi radio with Ozeki this Sunday night at 23:30, the pair will also be on another radio show on Thursday 18 March late night 25:00-26:00 (=1am-2am). The show is called Tokyo Speakeasy and is produced by...Akimoto Yasushi. There is a different host each night, Mon-Thu, and the host on Thursdays is Touyama Daisuke of the comedy trio Grunge.

This is just what I'd like to see for Karin. So she can find a persona she will be able to talk easily from. I've seen her on a recent online gaming (?) show called Face Smash(フェイスマ). She came across beautifully, naturally, just like someone you'd know. Although she didn't talk a lot like Marina, or do that well at the game, she related easily with the hosts, guys who seemed to be in their twenties (or +?).

One Japanese commenter wants her to come out with some of her plain-spoken comments. By the way, many Japanese comments refer to her not as "Karin-chan" but as "Karin-cha". I'm not sure where that comes from, but it sounds friendly and nice to me.

I have the feeling this is all part of management's plan, bringing her along step by step. I really look forward to hearing her song on Sunday. What direction will they take her? Fast or slow, rowdy or quiet, love or social comment?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

https://twitter.com/sakuzakacentral/status/1370310373853646851?s=19
    [CM]

Summoners War just released Fujiyoshi Karin Special Web Movie on their YouTube channel.

Watch it here:
    https://t.co/wT7saSNXoI

#藤吉夏鈴
    #サマナーズウォー https://t.co/mBcHunkMg6
    LRT OP asked karin about rikopi's grad

"After all, I guess... I do feel sad. When I first learn about her graduation, I thought, "So I will continue to see 2kisei slowly dwindle over time like this?". It's truly sad.
    >>
    >>
    I wanted to do something together as 2kisei, whether it be a song or other work. Even if it's just one... I wanted us to leave something behind. I'm sorry."
    OP told her that they feel frustrated and sorry that they (as fans) couldn't do anything to (help) make 2kisei song, and karin said "that's our line"
    https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1370647884849287169?s=19

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1