1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Future Potential Sister Group General Discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Merika, Dec 27, 2018.

1. onego123

onego123 Member

Happy I didn't fall for it. Also I smell BS coming from the owner. In a response to someone they said that they're half Filipino, and knows MNL48, but not AKB even though Kpop is really popular in the Philippines* Produce 48 aired there too, and 2 IZ*ONE(one of the most popular groups in Kpop right now) members are from AKB. They knew what they were doing.
    OIP.jpeg.jpg
    *Someone did some kind of location scan thingamabob on the account and found that it's based in the Philippines. https://www.instagram.com/p/CGF06w6hvks/?igshid=te3srijxemrj

2. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Umm with regards to the SOL48 thingy...

https://www.instagram.com/sol48.official/
    check this out

also...

SOL48Logo.jpg
    here's the logo from that IG account

also the "SOL48 IG Account" also followed the IG accounts of the international SG members from Team TP, BNK, JKT, MNL, SGO, and CGM

There are also "member accounts" that's been in IG for just like a few minutes ago being created

3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Very suspicious. :hmm:

About the mentionned official site: www.sol48.com:
    the domain should be .kr instead of .com :fp:
    it leads to a site that doesn't exist (at least MUB48 and DEL48 are still leading to something) :gavel:

the account follows some of the group franchise, but none are following it in return :whistle:

There would have been a press conference or an official way of anouncing this ? (Remember Yui anounced MUM48 on Showroom)
    Usually, the logo is revealed during said real announcement.
    Also which producing company would run it ? (Whoever says CJ ENM, I'm going to laugh)
    Still usually, when the group is anounced, the auditions are launched some weeks or month after, and here it would have some members allready. :huh:

It looks like another troll :tongue:

4. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    Yes it is, sadly though

I looked up at the "members'" IG accs and their pictures are just rip-offs or edited pictures of SGO48 members from their debut

5. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    So taking into account what has happen 'till 2020, December, the most likely scenario for the future is:

- MUB48 "debuting", 'cuz u know with all the Covid48 craze kkk. But surely someday we will get an Indian SG. Like what happened with the TPE48 issue it may even be something like AKB48 Team MB or something on those terms.

-A new BNK48 Group something in China or Japan...I think because of the whole making Chinese and Japanese Version of a song thingy.

-A new Korean project after IZ*One disbands...because that will happen someday... VERNALOSSOM saw how to do it and they will try again...and probably succeed.

-A new SG in China, At first it may seem weird but SIBA48 has started to lose grip and is affecting them, BEJ48 disbanding and all, Maybe we see a new AKB48 Team something in China, Maybe even related to the korean project, cuz VERNALOSSOM is gonna use the KPOP Hallyu craze someway.

I don't think anything else, Cuz MNL48 and JKT48 be struggling...
    Any thoughts?

6. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

They should focus on existing groups. Honestly, I don't think MUB48 will be successful. They will have fan following just like MLN48, JKT48 and SGO48, but not be any big.

I can see them debut newer groups in markets that are profitable for them, China, Thailand and perhaps Korea.

As for the groups in SEA, except for BNK48, Vernalossom should give them creative freedom to make music that fits their country markets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    I think the same, I can see MUB48 and DEL48 happening, but being a mid~successful project like MNL48.

I always think there's room in China, Is just too big of a market.

I agree, BNK48 originals feel very thai and make locals feel them more relatable. Rapsodi made something similar in Indonesia, But I guess Its already too late for JKT48...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    Reviving this thread since there's been some speculations about JKT48's performance in Malaysia later this month.

Some say that there is a possibility that Superball is like "testing the waters" in Malaysia on how the people will receive JKT48's performance there

As some also know, especially the ones that are still keeping their eyes on the SNH48 group, that they (SNH48/Siba) plans to make their own international sister group based in Malaysia. Do some of you think that Superball also plans to make another group there too to fight off SNH?

I think with DEL and SGO's disbandment, also with the impending disbandment of TSH right around the corner, do you think that Superball will still take a risk on making a 48G in Malaysia?

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    It was my speculation LMAO

But do you aware? Since Reiwa era begun May 2019, 4 years ago, AKB48 Group still not establish new sister group

Because NGT48 scandal, then covid pandemic happened. But now, it's all safe

Maybe Malaysia would be good or maybe reviving SGO48 in Vietnam, but for domestic sister group in Japan, it should be Hokkaido

But to create new sister groups, 48g needs investors

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

aka no more sister groups

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I've heard about Sorb3t, an American based underground idol group

If they make 48g interested to expand to outside Asia, better not

Outside Asia, idols that will work well are underground idols like Sorb3t or virtual idols like Hololive EN. Real human idols based in outside Asia, that aim for the mainstream market, won't be doing good. It's enough to have Gawr Gura as (technically) the most popular idol from the Western World
    Picsart_23-08-22_14-25-51-405.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Sorb3t received so much hate online they disbanded.

Idols are an Asian thing. They just don’t work anywhere else except to be the butt of the joke.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    It's obvious. Rather than 3d or real human idols, vtubers would work well outside East & Southeast Asia

14. welp

welp Next Girls

Let's see how will Dream Academy go.

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Well, idols in the western world would be a bad idea

Not only about cultural appropriation but also, things that have been controversial about idols such as love ban law & minors in a girl group with a large adult men fanbase, these would be much worse in the western world world

Lack of skill in singing among idols would be a concern too. Only few among idols are actually good in singing like Namie Amuro if I could pick the best example

Today, the most popular Jpop act globally is Yoasobi. Tho definitely they look too mainstream compared to other Jpop acts & they're often criticized for using the same chord progressions on most of their songs but it's better to have Yoasobi as the most popular Jpop act both in Japan & the rest of the world than any idol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Wangga

Wangga Kenkyuusei

I will also chime in....

Recently I found several videos of Korean underground idols it's pretty much the same as Japanese underground idols scene...
    Mostly they cover Japanese idol songs, but there are several songs in Korean. I don't know if it's their original song, but I assume so...

Here are some of it:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Before I found these videos, I thought the idea of SOL48 is impossible.... but now I soften a little maybe it's possible...
    But realistically Korean market for Japanese Idols type music is still small, it hardly can support another AKB48 sister group... may be in the near future...

Here are some covers of AKB48 songs:

Also, this channel follows one of Korean underground idols activities 덴파마루/DENPAMARU... previously it's also followed Japenese Underground idol activities...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OjY61T2nkg
    My Korean isn't that good but what I can understand they basically self-produced and in 20:21 timestamp he asks how their Fans know them...
    mostly they already fans of Korean Idol or fans of Odorite/Utaite.... they came watching and found it's quite good... also interestingly in this video he said there are more female fans.

PS: if you are interested here are several channels that upload Korean underground idols videos...
    https://www.youtube.com/@Demical/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/@studioimu/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/@Kim10dduck/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/@FanCam__Kei/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/@migory807/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/@jjaga/videos

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think this is the most appropriate thread in which to post the following as Superball has already been mentioned here - I've spotted in a couple of American media outlets a press release from Superball dated 8/30 about launching MNL48's member Sheki and the sub-unit Baby Blue in the USA:

https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/n...ompany-super-ball-akb48-group-makes-u-s-debut
    https://www.benzinga.com/pressrelea...ompany-super-ball-akb48-group-makes-u-s-debut

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The most oversea active J-idol act would be Babymetal. they are touring the world every time they release an album and sell out all venues they step in.
    It's not exactly a niche, just not a music genre friendly with main medias.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Yes. Their new single features Tom Morello

20. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen: