1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GAME] AKB48 TCG & Collection Vol. 1

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Criss, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Criss

Criss Member

「AKB48トレーディングカード ゲーム&コレクション」

Release: August 10th

More details coming soon (very soon)

http://akb48.newpr.jp/

2. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Re: [GAME] AKB48 TCG & Collection

Looks interesting... AKB48 augmented reality card game...

I play the hell out of the stage fighter card game... I hope that they don't neglect it as this come out (they shouldn't as GLEE runs the SF one).

3. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

I was expecting more with the dramatic countdown.... [shake]

4. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice

Interesting i was thinking of investing more into the collection they released at the end of 2011 but i might switch to collecting these especially if some sort of AR game can be played with them.

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

The TCG is going on sale today. The iPhone app has been up on the App Store for a few hours now.

The official homepage has been updated with information about the app, rules, and a list of shops that stock the product.

http://akb48.arcard.jp/

There's currently two products being sold:

[​IMG]

A trial deck with 40 cards (incl. 3 rares), 40 sleeves, a player's sheet, and a rules insert (2,940 yen)

[​IMG]

A booster deck incl. six cards (525 yen)

This product is a game to be played with other people, not to be confused with simple trading cards. You will need to purchase the "Trial Deck" in order to be able to play it.

6. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Hmm, so are these real trading cards or just an iPhone app?

I'm assuming it'll be region-locked to Japan anyway...

7. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

never heard of any apps being region locked, only thing close to that is if your device doesn't have the necessary hardware to use the app ie Suica app (use your phone to pay for train fare and such)

all you need is a Japanese iTunes account to dl the app... and boy it takes forever to dl.

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

They are very much real trading cards. It'll be clearer if you take a look at the official site. The app is for using the AR function of the cards (like seeing the member in 360 degrees), managing your collection, creating new cards, etc.

The app needs to fetch the AR data once it's installed, which is quite a chunk. You'll have to be connected to WiFi network for that.

9. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]
    My apologies for the thumbprints.

I picked up a few packs while trekking around Hokkaido. Only with the rare cards will you be able to see members in 3D... it's fun, you can make them spin around, and they'll blink and random stuff like that.

Sadly, I've already gotten a few double cards off of just 5 packs. I'm not sure if I'll actually go through with playing the game as there's a monthly fee attached (I think).

Then again, I've already wasted like over $1000 on the Stage Fighter game... this might be cheaper...

10. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Can we buy the trial deck and booster packs without incurring any monthly fees just to collect the cards?

Is it possible to transfer the cards to PC?

What do you do with duplicates cards if you buy many booster packs and you get the same cards? Anyway of removing the duplicate cards or sorting the cards by name??

Thanks!

11. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    How does the game work exactly?

12. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    As I mentioned in my post above, it's not trading cards (like baseball cards etc.) but a trading card game (like Magic: The Gathering, only simpler). You're supposed to have duplicate cards. You can't play any game through the app - it's only there to manage your cards. The game is played face face-to-face with other people that have built their own deck so you need friends who have purchased it as well. The AR thing is only a gimmick.

The rules are on the official site.

13. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    missingno15
    Oh ok I see, so it really is a TCG game then. F*CK NOW IM DEFINITELY GONNA GET THIS :fp: my experience with pokemon and yugioh card games had an extremely strong impact on my childhood. Also it really sucks that the rules are in image format :fp: Why couldn't they have put it on a pdf file?

14. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    My first thought when hearing about the new shuffle was: "Damn, now my TCG cards are obsolete." It's rather relevant to the rules which team the members are in and having everyone mixed up and Team 4 gone, they'll be incompatible with anything released from now onwards.

Suppose they'll have to start putting out a Vol. 2 really soon.

15. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

LOL, I saw this thread and thought, "Five red mana plus 5 generic mana to summon Oshima Yuko." :p

16. lvuo2302

lvuo2302 Kenkyuusei

Hi I am getting the game. But I don't know the rule and I can't read Japanese. Do you know any English site that I can go to?

Thanks,

17. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

For real! same thing goes with the Stage Fighter game... I lost a few team combo points when Yonezawa, Hirajima, and Sashihara left AKB... now I'm gonna lose some with Acchan... but, this whole shuffle fuqs everything up.

Also, it looks like they're using the same "card types" like in Stage fighter... You'll have your normal, rare, super rare, and god cards... I just got a Myao god card for the TGC.

Oh wells, I'll just be collecting these as cards since I don't have any friends to play with.

18. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Just got my set today.

I had mixed results trying to translate the donjara directions (needed help from my teacher= but she had to look to the internet to figure out the instruction I got stuck on).

So I'll ask if anyone knows of an existing english translation of the direction.

Does anyone know of an existing English translation of the directions for this game?

19. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    ^heh i got mine yesterday too. Got a booster and didn't really want either of my rares :XD: Well it's time to.........not play with anyone lol

20. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    missingno15
    Hey guys, so it's been over several months since this game has been released. I took it upon myself to translate the entire card set and the manual pages to play them.

By the way, big thanks to MagoPad for transposing my translations onto the original Japanese manual to make it visually appealing.

Manual
    Page 1
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B37WTPB ... sp=sharing

Page 2
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B37WTPB ... sp=sharing

Card Catalog of all the cards available so far:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cad ... wv0fk/edit
    *the catalog is only missing some cards such as super rare suzuki mariya and seven eleven promo cards released about 2 weeks ago
    EDIT: kami suzuki mariya has been added, the set is now complete

If you guys are wondering about how the gameplay goes, Machinakingu and I streamed some gameplay between ourselves on my JustinTV Channel. However now that I'm rewatching this, we actually made a lot of misplays throughout all the games so for good sample gameplay I recommend taking a look at this guy's channel. I'm not going to highlight/archive the recent play because we will stream again and hopefully that will turn out better with less mistakes

Here, you can watch me unbox all my cards
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txO4FduQ6k0[/yt]