1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Game Over] S48 Mafia Game V - Heavenly Bittersweet Kingdom

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by AikyiTaizne, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: [Game Over] S48 Mafia Game V - Heavenly Bittersweet King

^ I'm only offended for being the worst player. xD 'Course, now I'm sad because I realize I did some really stupid stuff. :fp: Still, I am grateful for you pointing it out. :3

Being the best and worst player at the same time is kinda cool, though. :D

2. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

I hope nobody feels offended by what I'm about to say :XD: because I'm not trying to say who's better or who sucks.

But I've always kind of felt (based on these mafia games) that ra-nyan is one of the best people at breaking stuff down and analyze everything, etc. And kata is really good at deceiving people :hehe: so I think he could be really good at playing either mafia (I don't think he ever has, correct me if I'm wrong), or independent roles, especially serial killers. :awesome:

I kind of wish aakun had more to say about me (so I can improve), but I did kind of die early in the game, so there isn't really much to say. :XD: Why did you kill me, Kingom members? :cry:

3. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

well im just giving my opinion of what happened in this game, but i think you a really good player. i know i said that for everyone but xd, really. you were all good in your own ways. it was just the game that was too abruptly different so yeah it wasnt easy ;_; . and even if some players didnt do that good, they are actually really good players for me (like issa or Kanki)

aiki will probably give you a better description of you as players. i just give my opinion really xD

4. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

You were really good. You started off the game great and guessed A LOT of the stuff I put into the write ups (though you called it all off thinking you were being crazy). I think one of the reasons is because the way you think is similar to the wavelength of a Mods, but you always get too paranoid and dismiss everything quickly after.

If it wasn't for Day 3 (which ruined all chances of you getting MVP), you would have definitely gotten it. It's funny because after that day, you upped your game again. So perhaps if you study what you did wrong that day, it'll help.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, you did NOT just say that :fp:

Ugh, give me some time >_>

5. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

I was really lucky tbh. I'm still surprised I got that many points and at least lasted until the end. I still think I'm really bad at mafia. I believe people way to easily. I am terrible at lying. I was so nervous the whole time. But I'm trying to get better.

Thanks for the game guys! It was fun. :D

6. phantom

phantom Kenkyuusei

You may think that, but your play seems to contradict it :awesome: You did amazingly well and finished top of the point chart. :approve: In short, nice job!

@Naomi
    I think you are also a really wonderful player too! I look forward to future games with you.

@Everyone else
    I think there are some really awesome players here and I look forward to playing with all of you...and maybe learning from you in future games. Thanks for an awesome game everyone!

Yeah...its kind of how I am in real life. I tend to doubt myself before anything/anyone else :^^;: In this case, it ended up being really bad for the townies....not to mention totally failing in picking up the whole sibling thing. Sorry. :fp: But I think that's part of playing this game...at least from a newer player's perspective. You make mistakes, and learn from them...and I feel like I really learned a lot, so thanks!

@GMs
    And thank you guys too! What a wonderfully, intricate story/characters/etc. you created! I was thoroughly impressed by the whole thing! Thanks for all the hard work!

7. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Role Analysis

Kingdom

Rin
    - Participation:
    Looking through your posts, you do fairly well in terms of analysis. You tend to look a little deeper into the story to try and draw connections, which is good because not everything is laid out for you. You pay attention to a certain degree to what other members say and you suspect the right people. You also try to keep discussions going at a minimum level to try and draw more information.

I think you are a great player, but if I was to name one thing that you are lacking, it might be conviction (if that's the right word). Sometimes, you have to follow through with your suspicions all the way. If something tells you that someone is scum, do your very best to force as much information and corner them as possible. In this game, you simply brought up the fact that gideon had been lying and something was suspicious, but you were most likely too afraid to take lead and try to get him lynched.

Everyone is bound to make mistakes, and the possibility that someone follows a wrong lead and lynches a townie is very high, but if no one lynches, then nothing will happen. I think the best improvement you can make when it comes to discussion is following through with your suspicions. Of course, you don't have to attack people as soon as you see something suspicious, wait until the right moment (when you've gathered enough material) to pounce. Make sure when you try to attack someone, you can follow through with it to the end.

- Faction & Role Analysis:
    Now, as a roleblocker you did what you could. You blocked whoever you felt was suspicious and did a good job in that regard. The one mistake I think you made, is revealing your ability on Day 3. You saw inconsistency in gideon's play, and you knew he was lying, but you outed yourself too early. Perhaps if you waited longer and tested the waters a bit more, you could have discovered the gideon and Max connection.

A roleblocker has a very important role in that they have the ability to stop mafia's kills for a night. So even though you're not investigation or anything, it is still possible to use your ability to scout. Revealing your role too early is what got you killed.

Kay, so I only did Rin because she wanted some analysis. I don't want to do everyone, but if you want an analysis too just speak up and I'll try my best x-x (Damn you aakun D=)

8. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Can I be analyzed too please? :cute:

9. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

10. Naomi

Could I be analyzed, too, unless if aakun said everything about me already? xD

:blush:

11. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

Thank you AT :) that was definitely very insightful.
    Yea, I think this might have been where I fell short. I'm like that in real life too, too afraid of making mistakes. :hmm:

Seriously thanks for this. I feel guilty for all the requests you're getting now. :XD:

12. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Role Analysis

Kingdom

Naomi
    - Participation:
    Oh Nami, where should I start? I also think that you're an amazing player, and like aakun already pointed out, we were quite excited to see you getting the fake princess role. In many games, you post a lot and try your best to add to the discussion and liven things up, yet you still manage to come out unscathed most of the time. Perhaps, it's your ability to blend in with the townies that makes you such a scary player to face.

I'm using examples from other games as well, but in Mafia IV, you certainly blended well. Your posting style rarely changes, and it's obvious that you're growing as your analysis's are getting better and better. You don't say too many suspicious things and you all in all try your best to keep discussion going, whether you're town or mafia. Because you're so hard to read though, you're an extremely dangerous player throughout the entire game. You always seem very pro-town, and that is especially frightening when you're actually mafia. So I don't think you need much help when it comes to blending, since that's likely your forte.

I think you lack confidence in many of your posts however. Many times you throw out ideas and suggestions, only to shoot them down yourself later. Perhaps you are too caught and afraid of lynching a townie. In order to play mafia, every player needs to throw away their guilty conscience and fight like animals. I think if you can learn to accept the fact that, this is a game, and even if you lynch the wrong person, it isn't the end of the world. Even lynching a townie can have good effects as well, it may leave mafia open and you may catch their trail as they hopped onto the bandwagon as well. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, you can always fix them and learn from them later on. Everyone is playing either to have fun or to win, they will understand what you're going for, don't be afraid to be an asshole.

You are quite good at adapting to your roles, and I feel that you did a great job as the fake Princess (as expected). Of course, you made a few blunders; trying to force vika to spill what he found was basically digging your own grave. The last thing you needed as the fake Princess was to be revealed to the mafia.

In the end though, you adapt pretty well to your roles. You made yourself so obviously townie, which is how you basically survived. You got yourself a whole bunch of protection to cancel out the mafia's actions, which turned out great. I think you do very well in both the town and the mafia side, so keep at it.

Individual

ra-nyan
    - Participation:
    Nyan is simply one of the best mafia players we have in our forums. Being the one that gave you two MVPs, I'm probably the one that respects your play the most. Just about everything you do in the game brings you closer to your win condition. It seems to me that you strive to win, and so you will go for it with much dedication. Whether it is catching mafia, blending in or protecting someone, you do your best to string the discussion around in your favour.

In this game, you had a huge disadvantage when Silver outed himself. That caused you to become extremely distracted, and you tried your very best to get all suspicions off of him, and you did. You used your posts wisely to show that he isn't suspicious, although it also forced you to reveal yourself.

The one problem I can see you facing is, sometimes you overestimate the threat. You seemed so sure that Silver was going to get lynched, that you did everything in your power to stop it. There were perhaps more subtler ways to lower his suspicion instead of revealing yourself. So I think sometimes your strive to win, makes you overreact and do some irrational choices. Perhaps looking at the bigger picture, rather than just your condition can help.

- Faction:
    Similar to Nami, you are very adaptable and can play pretty much any role. You use the roles to their utmost potential and you strive your hardest for your win. I don't think there needs to be any improvement in this area at all. Perhaps learning some more unique ways to use each ability, and using them to corner/trap people that you find suspicious could be your next step. Though for now, I'm confident to say that you can probably use any role at a high level already.

sada
    - Participation:
    You are, in my eyes, another one of the amazing players. You don't post as often as others, but that is extremely important for the roles that you have in your games. So far you have been investigation, and a whole bunch of killer roles.

Your habit of posting works very well with the roles that you have received so far, so that is good. Try not to change your posting style too dramatically from game to game or it may seem suspicious. You do a lot of the analyzing in the back of your head and by yourself. This makes you a very scary player since most people don't know what you may be up to next.

I don't have much tips to improve your participation because I think they're wonderful. Not everyone has to share their analysis in the thread, and I think that's fine. Perhaps learning to ask a few simple questions to draw more answers out may be a next step for you.

What can I say? You use your roles to the best of their ability by actually using them. As a serial killer, you targeted the people that you believed were threats and eliminated them. Each kill you made was planned in a way to make it easier for you to achieve your win condition.

As a serial killer, you did a magnificent job.

=X Hopefully that's good >_<

13. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

:cute: Thank you.

I'll take in all what you wrote and try to work on new goals and get better.

14. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

aahh.. Thanks Terry =) I'll keep this in mind

15. Naomi

Thank you!

I think my goal now is to be MVP and not to go lynch crazy. xD And win with my faction. ._.

16. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

17. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Role Analysis

Kingdom

vikacong
    - Participation:
    When it comes to posing questions and cornering mafia, I feel that you're one of the best players in regards to that area. You are also extremely strong with your night actions which help to fortify your day play, making you a huge threat to face against.

Although you don't post much, you ask critical questions and you bring up critical points to discuss. This is really great in moving the discussion forward and advancing you closer to your win condition. If there was one thing that I think you need improvement on however, would be your "suspicion level." Unlike Nami or RSL, you always seem to be quite suspicious which can be a huge disadvantage especially when you're town. It hasn't happened yet, but mafia could always use your actions to their own advantage and turn your arguments back at you.

Perhaps it's the way you approach some things and you don't follow through enough with them that causes this. It seems like you simply wanted to throw your ideas out, although you can't completely back them up. Similar to what I said to Rin, I feel that if you're going to attack, you should make sure to follow through all the way until the other player is proven townie, or lynched.

Nonetheless you have a very strong play-style especially in the way you pinpoint suspicious actions. Working on your blending habits will be a good thing to work on next.

Reinforced by your day actions, your night actions show that you have amazing analytical abilities. You use your ability on the right people and this allows you to catch them during the day. I feel that your play-style is very strong in that your day and night actions both work together for your win condition. With that, I also feel that when it comes to night abilities, you are very adaptable.

You seem to have a slightly greater difficulty when it comes to adapting in the day (with different alignments), but the night time is usually where you shine the most. So I think you did great with your choices at night.

18. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

Thank you vey much AT for the commentaries. Looking forward to play with you again on the next game.

19. Decreez

Decreez Kenkyuusei

I would like one too if Teribon is okay with it ;)
    A review from one of our best GMs [hehe]

20. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Let's wait for aakun's analysis first so I can build off of it later =X