1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Game Over] S48 Mafia VIII - Overlord ni Naritai!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by maxaroni, Feb 20, 2011.

1. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

Game Moderator: MaxtheMan
    Co-Mod AikyiTaizne

Participating Members
    55Cyanides
    Cristafari
    sada
    Naomi
    phantom
    blesseddisgrace
    Decreez
    issa
    ra-nyan
    katastr0phical1
    twilightkappa
    Gobolino
    Tyzer
    Silver Rain
    polyrhythm
    Rin
    Meroron♥
    Kanki
    masashi
    DSQ
    aakun
    champloo26
    vikacong
    kirakirahanabi

Deaths
    vikacong
    Decreez
    champloo26
    sada
    aakun
    DSQ
    masashi
    Silver Rain
    katastr0phical
    Rin
    55Cyanides
    Cristafari
    phantom
    twilightkappa

Phases

Day Phase
    During this phase, please discuss in the thread to try and determine which players are Mafia. All votes will be done in this thread.

To place a vote, simply type VOTE: <Name of Player>. Please bold your votes so it is easy for me to see them. You can also use CHANGE VOTE: <Name of Player>. If you wish to change your vote to no one, simply type CHANGE VOTE: No Vote. Finally, you can vote for a no lynch by typing VOTE: No Lynch

The day phase will end when one player has more than 50% of the votes placed upon him/her. The phase will end as soon as the last vote is placed, this means even if you change it after, I won't count it. The day phase will also end once 48 hours have passed, this will result in a no lynch.

Keep in mind that you are only allowed to quote the role title from the PM I sent you. This is the part which says [You are ____. Something-Aligned Member]. Do not quote any other segments from the PM, or I will have no choice but to switch you out, or in the worst case, mod-kill you. You are allowed to paraphrase any information I give you, just do not quote it.

Some players may have day abilities. If you have an ability that can only be used during the day, this is the time to PM them to me.

Night Phase
    You will not be allowed to post here during the night phase.

During this phase, the mafia members will discuss with each other and decide their night kill. If you have a night ability, this is the time to PM them BOTH mods (MaxtheMan and AikyiTaizne). The night phase will end as soon as I receive and compile all the different actions for the night. Any abilities or actions sent after 24 hours has elapsed, will be ignored.

During this phase, the mafia members should also be trying to blend in and cause the town to lynch each other.

Please remember, you are not allowed to discuss the game with anyone outside of the thread unless your role permits you to do so.

Other Important Stuff
    Never Never Never edit your posts ever. You are allowed to double post in this thread. I do not care if you are editing it because you spelled something wrong, or if you slipped and left evidence by accident, you are not allowed to edit your posts.

Once again, do not discuss the game outside of this thread unless your role permits you to do so. It is considered cheating and ruins the spirit of the game. Don't do it.

In order to urge everyone to participate, every player must post at the very least, once every 24 hours. Should something come up, you can PM me and tell me, however please do your best to be active. This game is most fun when every participates.

Lastly, although I cannot enforce this. Please do not hide your online status will the game is in play. It is unfair for other players if you are simply lurking the thread, but not contributing. Do not hide as a means of redirecting suspicion.

I trust that all of you will play fairly and will follow the rules. Thank you, and have fun!

When you use your abilities. Please PM it to MaxtheMan AND AikyiTaizne

ALSO, This game takes place in the Netherworld, which is filled with demons. Please make sure you keep this in mind when reading your PMs.

2. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Re: [Day 0] S48 Mafia VIII - Overlord ni Naritai!

Day 0​

All was normal in Rabahakia when some unfamiliar faces made their ways into the capital city of Don Quixote. The demons of the town were at their regular business, fighting each other for experience and breaking the law to avoid jail-time. The honor students were skipping school by visiting a local theater where there were a group of scantily clad idols performing songs about ridiculous things. Meanwhile, the delinquents were attending class, being sure never to be late.

"Disgusting," said the leader of the group that had passed their way through the city gates. "They don’t look any different from us but they really are the exact opposite."

They weren’t going to waste their time fighting any of these small-time demons. They had already achieved level 4000 and didn’t think that fighting a group of level 1s and 2s would do them any good. They were after the overlord, who only seemed concerned with dressing up her ‘pet’ in cute costumes.

The group decided to stock up on supplies before going about their business. They visited the local Rosenqueen outlet and stocked up on garlic water and chewing gum, then headed into an item world to blow off steam until their time had come.

Night 0

As darkness fell on Don Quixote, the group visited a healer and recovered themselves to full health. As it was night, most of the demons in the netherworld had just woken up and businesses were starting to open for the night.

The group didn’t waste any time seeing the sights, for everything would change in about 40 minutes.

"Are you guys ready for this?" said the leader. She cracked her knuckles and kicked down the door to the enormous misshapen, lopsided castle that housed the perverted overlord and her subjects.

The overlord’s pet immediately blushed as the group intruded on her time with the overlord and she started to cry.

"And what are a bunch of humans doing inside my castle?" said the Overlord as she let go of the bunny ears and whip she was holding.

…uh…” the group blushed as they tried to bleach the scene they had just witnessed from their memory. One girl spoke up: "We’re here to stop your oppression of us humans!"

“Ahh, I see. Well I’m bored with humans anyway so if you guys want to be left by yourself maybe we’ll listen.”

“Oh well that seems reasonable,” said another girl.

“Don’t buy her tricks, she’s a demon remember?” said the leader. She had been taught by her old master that demons could not be trusted in any way.

“Oh, right. Well it’s time for judgment, old lady!”

“Old… LADY?” bellowed the overlord. She smiled malevolently and picked up the whip she had just dropped. Her purple wings spread and she grew while the entire universe shifted to a large grid and several parts of the room started to glow with words like “Strength +30%” and “MP Drain”

The people in the room started to trade turns walking towards each other and hitting each other with their weapons as white numbers flew out of their bodies where wounds should have been.

"Now it’s time for my ultimate attack! ONNA NO KO NO HANAZONO!" The overlord flew into the air and the room turned into a flower garden. As she flew down she touched each of her adversaries in inappropriate places.

When the overlord had finished her attack, one girl threw a piece of chewing gum to each of her allies, and after a few seconds of chewing it their wounds were healed.

The leader of the group lunged at the overlord and whaled on her several times with her sword before the overlord’s body disappeared into a puff of purple smoke and glitter. The crying pet looked at the ones who had just killed her master.

"How dare you kill her! As punishment, you will lose everything you have gained to this point!" she started chanting and then lifted into the air as well

"EVERYBODY GET! EVERYBODY SUCK!" Suddenly, giant lollipops started falling from the ceiling, hitting the humans and shrinking their HP and MP bars to a low number. Their weapons were suddenly flung away and they were level one once again.

"We should have expected this"

"I told you we should’ve saved before we came in here!"

"Well it’s too late now" They looked at the girl who had just done this to them and saw that she too had returned to level one. The slapped her until she disappeared in a puff of smoke and then jumped up into the air.

"Well," said the leader. "Looks like we’re Level 2 now"

-----

Soon, word spread through the Netherworld of the human ‘heroes’ who had killed the overlord and the demons decided that until they could elect a new overlord they would have to get rid of any threats.

A few other demons didn’t seem to think the same way…

-----

Night 0 Results:

3. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

lol ignore this post

4. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

48 Hours Remaining

13 votes are needed to perform a lynch

Current Votes (0/24)

- No Lynch: 0 ()

------
    Resting Members (24): 55Cyanides, aakun, blesseddisgrace, champloo26, Cristafari, Decreez, DSQ, Gobolino, issa, Kanki, katastr0phical1, kirakirahanabi, masashi, Meroron♥, Naomi, phantom, polyrhythm, ra-nyan, Rin, sada, Silver Rain, twilightkappa, Tyzer, vikacong

---------------------------

Players Checked in (9/24)
    ra-nyan, phantom, Naomi, issa, Rin, katastr0phical1, aakun, 55Cyanides, Tyzer

9 players have yet to check their PMs

---------------------------​

Good luck and have fun, I'll update the checked in list periodically, and will put them in the next time update as well.

5. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

LOL I can so relate to the whole "I should've saved before fighting this boss" part xD

Oh hello btw.

Obligatory First Post

6. phantom

phantom Kenkyuusei

Checking in! [hi]

As soon as I read that, I knew it was Meetan :lol:

Me too :^^;:

7. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

If this is based on the video game, I fear I won't understand a thing. :awesome: This is gonna be fun. :B

I was originally going to try and analyze the write-up, but all I could come up with is stupid comments that didn't help at all. It does seem like that group is the mafia, though. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Anyone else come up with anything helpful? xD

Me too. I save all of the time when I'm playing video games because I tend to die a lot. :fear:

8. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

Well considering that this is Disgaea themed then the humans are Mafia and the Demons are Townies since that game is crazy like that.

9. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ Don't worry, i'll only include a few references in the writeups xD It'll be regular old mafia, but themed (like giddy's)

10. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

Why would you not save ahhh. T____T.

Ohwell, I'm not sure what we have to discuss about the write-up at all so I'm just checking in.

11. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

I played Disgaea a little bit before, so all the game references are making me lols. I'm kind of sleepy I'm drinking coffee too and it ain't helping but anyway... Does the last part make anyone think that maybe there's humans and demons mafia groups or maybe the mafia consists of humans and demons or something like that?

12. Naomi

Wow. I should play then. Sounds fuuuuun. And the group is definitely the mafia then:

On a random note, I love how Kasai "attacked" them with lollipops. :XD:

Ah, okay. There were so many video game references, so I had no idea if that went on in the video game or not. :XD:

13. Naomi

There's only three that talked, though, so maybe they have a silent member or there's only three mafia? I dunno. o.o

14. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

Well.. that was a very Terry way to start a day. As little info as humanly possible. (pun intended)

Well.. anyone wanna jump out and say anything cool.. like.. they are invincible and can kill at will? That would be handy..

..anyone else prepping for Decreez's obligatory "lynch me" post?

Could be only three mafia too.. T's games typically have 3.. but with 24.. maybe they'll add another later?

15. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

Re: [Day 1] S48 Mafia VIII - Overlord ni Naritai!

If there's an Asagi like character in here, I bet she's individual or even a serial killer since she'd always wanted to be the main character :XD:

I'll help y'all out with the game references if that'll help us out though I bet it'll be like Mafia 6 where it doesn't matter much.

16. Naomi

Hasn't there always been four mafia, though?

17. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Not my game, Max wrote the write-up and planned all the roles. I'm just helping out with the handy stuff (distributing PMs, time updates and such)

18. Naomi

Forgot to mention this:

Most awesome attack ever. :hehe: Kinda wish Ohori wasn't dead. She would have been a fun character to watch. [hehe]

19. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

Re: [Day 1] S48 Mafia VIII - Overlord ni Naritai!

..if they are mafia they are gonna have to level some. <___<
    This is suppose to be a non-complicated mafia game. D:

this is the key imo, so idk.

20. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

Yes, I'm invincible, unkillable :whistle: so mafia, don't bother wasting your kills on me. :XD: Please?

By the way, do you think levels are going to matter here? The humans are level 2 now. :lol: