1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD Geinin!! The Movie 8/1/13 -

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Smilodon, Feb 17, 2013.

1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Re: [MOVIE] Geinin! Movie Announced!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEBs1M6D0Y[/yt]
    from oriconofficial

NMB48さや姉&みるきー、罰ゲームで"ヘン声"披露

【動画】NMB48さや姉&みるきー、ケンコバの悪ノリにタジタジ
    アイドルグループ・NMB48の山本彩と渡辺美優紀が1日、都内で行われた映画『NM­B48 げいにん! THE MOVIE お笑い青春ガールズ!』の公開記念舞台あいさつに出席した。
    続きを読む

2. ReadyFortyEight

ReadyFortyEight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Twitter:
    redyp46

Okay then, if it has been released on DVD, for the NMB48 Geinin's sake, I'll buy it. But I'll have to start saving my money from this moment on, lol. :D

So, it has been showed in all the theater in Japan since August 1st, two days ago right? May I ask which one of you guys who maybe live in Japan who had watched this movie on the theater? :)

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Saw some reviews (not in depth ones), but they seemed pretty positive considering how this film was shot over the course of a few days and whatnot.

4. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Hey guys. Yeah I'm in Saitama (near Tokyo) now. I found this site that shows the showtimes, but I think its only in Japanese. (just do ctrl+f, then search nmb, it comes up with 5 matches, though they are all listed as Japanese, so I doubt it has English subtitles, but you could call and see.)

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/fil ... mes/#Tokyo

5. HotaruKai

HotaruKai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    The producer or director who did the Geinin show and Movie mentioned on his twitter for fans to wait a little longer before news regarding the DVD release of the Movie. I really wanted more information regarding what happens in the movie.....(because I like spoilers ;) ) and it looked pretty good. :cute:

6. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Finished watching this movie.

I'm impressed that it's not awful, it's actually fairly decent. There's some stiff acting by Milky and Yui but it still has a neat story even it is a little predictable.

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I can't muster up the motivation buy this BD :( Anything to look forward to in this?

8. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    It's not on BD. That's why it has two 1-star reviews on Amazon JP, lol.

I don't watch very many Japanese movies so I thought it was a decent flick if you look past the wooden acting. Definitely worth watching for NMB fans though.

It's a lot better than Moshidora for sure.

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Wait, DVD only?! Even less reason to buy now >_> *writes angry Amazon review*

*grumble grumble*

*Buys*

Moshidora, ignoring the terrible acting, also had a really crappy story.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    The story was okay in the novel, but I might be really generous because it's the first novel in Japanese that I've ever read.

The acting by Acchan was awful though. It's really something when I become a bigger fan of the male actors in that movie over Acchan.

I'm actually down to subtitle this movie. It could be the only subtitle project I ever work on, but I have to figure out to rip the movie first...

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I don't doubt Acchan's acting was terrible. Moshidora itself, however, had an interesting premise that devolved into actually trying to teach you management. zzz

Did you try to watch the HanaKimi remake? The amount of fail contained in that entire series from the script, cast and everything on down was biblical.

12. tonylow

tonylow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    You can use handbrake to rip the movie and make it either .mkv or .mp4
    http://handbrake.fr/

13. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    For some reason, the first time I ripped it in handbrake it didn't work out. Re-ripped it and it was fine. Here we go.

14. HotaruKai

HotaruKai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I have no money to buy the dvd, it would take ages to reach England anyway and I have waited ages for this release. Please someone just spoiler me now:wall:or at least can someone tell me the details of the features. Is there a making etc...

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    There's a making of feature, nearly as long as the actual movie.
    There's also a surprise announcement feature that's 20 minutes where they get fitted and the movie is revealed, a 10 minute talk between members after the final filming, and I think 30 minutes of press conference at the Okinawa Film Festival.

As for the basic plot of the movie...
    Sayaka, Yui, Maachun, and Ripopo are in the comedy club which is led by Nana. Milky transfers in, but there's some murky past between Milky and Sayaka. They plan to enter and win a national contest for female high school comedians called JK-1.

The plot is centered around Milky, Sayaka, and Yui.

-When Sayaka and Milky were kids, they used to play together and pretend to be comedians. One day, when they were talking with friends, they talk about the Owarai combination that Sayaka's late father used to be a part of. Their friends make fun of Sayaka's father (a tsukkomi) and say that the other guy is good enough to be on his own. Sayaka gets mad and calls Milky fat (because she used to be fat when they were kids), and then Milky moved to Tokyo and became a model. She moves back to become a comedian and treasures the days she used to have with Sayaka, but has too much pride to apologize.
    -Yui is ultimately confused over who she is and gets jealous of Milky.
    -Sayaka and Yui enter the prelims for JK-1 and they do terribly, but squeak in to the finals.
    -Yui overhears the teacher, Ken Koba, saying that they need to replace Yui with Milky if they want a shot for their high school to win the finals. She then spots Milky visiting Sayaka at her part-time job and feels betrayed.
    -Sayaka apologizes, but Milky is cold. Milky later sends a mail apologizing for the past too.
    -A nasty rumor is spread that forces Milky to become suspended from school, leaving Yui and Sayaka as the only option for the finals.
    -During a practice session, Yui wonders why they became an Owarai duo. Sayaka says something like, "We've been friends since middle school, and every time we do things it's fun." Yui lashes out and says "But... that's not an Owarai duo, that's what best friends are," and runs away crying.
    -The next day, Milky is unsuspended, Yui reveals that she spread the rumor and she apologizes, then comes to the realization that Milky and Sayaka work far better and it shouldn't impact their friendship at all.
    -They enter the contest. Before the contest begins, they bond over SayaMilky badges that they created when they were children, each one realizing that the other had kept that memento for so long. They ultimately lose, but they get a special award for their performance.

Moshidora should've been pretty cut and dry. High school kid reads a management book, takes baseball team from zero-to-hero. Pretty typical sports story. The management stuff is kinda silly, but there is enough of the core story to make it work, and I generally like cheesy sports stories.

What made the movie weird, aside from Acchan's terrible acting, was the presentation of the management sections. In the book, there is discussion between the characters when they try to apply management tenets to the baseball team, but in the movie they get teleported to some strange area where a fake, silly-looking Peter Drucker explains some of the points. The end of the movie is completely ruined by this, especially since this fake Drucker plainly spells out the realization that the main character is only supposed to get during the final climatic sequence.

I didn't watch the HanaKimi remake, nor did I watch the original one. Acchan's acting improved a bit though and she made up for it in Kasuka na Kanojo. Prior to that, everything she touched turned to crap.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  16. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I watched the movie today with another wota friend!! It was really really enjoyable!
    Like yeah plot was predictable, but it's definitely a must-watch for fans.

I think people who aren't fans can enjoy it too, but cause there seemed to be quite a lot of references to the girls or their traits in real life, naturally, fans would be able to enjoy that even more lol.

Some of the cameos were actually pretty fun and cool too!!

Of course, the main story was about friendship and what not, but the way it was done, it kinda panned out abit like a love triangle! There was SayaMilky and SayaYui :p

For one thing, I don't even ship SayaMilky but I really really enjoyed them in this movie. One thing I love about them is they their working chemistry is so good, and they just complement each other really well. It was actually really fun to watch.

17. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Untitled.png

The movie hit #1 on the Oricon weekly charts.
    Sounds impressive, although it only sold around 8000 DVDs. But still, that's pretty cool.

18. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Any chance of this movie showing in North America at some Japan culture or Asian film festival? lol

19. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    That's great news! I haven't seen it yet though, I want to do a bulk NMB order so I haven't ordered it yet and it's not up on H!O sigh.

20. MiyukiLove21

MiyukiLove21 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart