1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Just finished read the akb48 costume book which released arount last months ?

And i feel kinda relieved that theres 1 pict about boku no taiyou and they still put rinatin photos and mention her name . xd

2. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I was hoping they did. Close up for the remainder of the month and sort everything out.

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

AKB48 shop02.jpg
    WE ARE MOVING! :p
    -------------

Anyway, they have a collabo with Lotte Bikkuriman chocolate. http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/mizota/4903333126729-1.html
    AKB48 Bikkuriman East.jpg AKB48 Bikkuriman East member.jpg
    That is the Team East version, there is also Team West version. http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/at-cvs/akbikkuriman.html
    for Team West they haven't say which member that they use for it.
    AKB48 Bikkuriman West.jpg
    Will be out on June 6th, 2017.

Btw, NMB Team B2 will perform on AKB theater on May 3rd and 4th.
    ---------------

It seems there will be an event with Rakuten where you can vote for a member by buying eligible product on Rakuten and the winning member will get.. something (can't really understand it... a special home page and PR time for 1 year for I assume AKB product?). The voters will have an opportunity to get a (planned) signed poster.
    http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/cd/001724.html

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Bah! What good is it then!?

5. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

from kouhaku to rakuten, now everyone wants their own sousenkyo

6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Showroom, too.

7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

God save our wallet.(Or not)

8. ET920

ET920 Member

If SHOWROOM holds their own senkyo, it'll be a real massacre. Contrary to Senkyo, where you say "I'll buy 100 votes" even if you could buy more, in SR events ranking is updated every 5 minutes. So you might have wanted to place only 100 votes, but you see she's just one vote away from someone else, so you buy 101, and then realize you could buy 10 more to pass another, and then be done because she's 300 votes below someone else, but then you see everyone else making an effort to reach a goal...

Yesterday Kimi Dare barely survived for another week. When the episode started it was below 900k points. 10 minutes before ending they were 250k points below the minimum threshold and J-Lo, who along Kazu have been the ones keeping alive since Taguchi retired his support, apologized cause he could do nothing else having thrown 17 towers on that last day. That's like when everyone understood there wouldn't be a saviour and that everyone had to work together in order to make it real. So they kept throwing small gifts and stars, and by the time the program should have ended they were still about 190k below, so the show continued while everyone continued pushing forward. Truth be told, I really felt like throwing a few hundred bucks seeing everyone pushing forward throwing small gifts, one or two of each. Actually, when it was just 30k below threshold and saw Truth, a listener I crossed several times who has supported Kahotaru (STU48 43) in her events back when she was still a model, threw 10 bears, I actually opened the menu and chose the bears to throw, but then decided against it. I spent a lot of time thinking people spending money to vote for these girls in Elections was nonsense, and then in SR I thought the same until I threw my very first gift, a Tokyo Tower for Kahotaru back in October during the final day of an event.

However, I doubt SR will hold a Senbatsu unless AKS/Yoshimoto/etc can get more money than the chunk they are actually getting from the current campaign.

9. Rurouni

J-Lo was throwing 27 towers on that last day. I usually don't throw stars anymore but when I see they are still in the 30k-ish short I was frantically throwing my stars (because it was already overtime). So that means pressing the mouse quickly 99x5 times.
    I'm glad that they've made it.

----------
    Like last year, Tsutaya also will held a selection. There will be 7 region and each region will have its own winner. Like Rakuten, the eligible members are those that participate in this year SSK. The winner will receive a special corner at the store for the 49th single release.
    http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/cd/001723.html

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The more I read about Showroom and how it works, the more I think it's another addiction like gambling to some.

11. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    For some it surely is. I only throw the free stars since I don't see why I should waste tons of Money for some some (imo pretty pointless) gifts. But hey, everyone's free to do as he wants

12. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I personally don't spend on SR but I think with Kimi Dare it's quite understandable - it's pretty much crowdfunding and spending 5-10 dollars a month to watch a show you enjoy seems legit to me. Some do spend more but they aren't the kind of people who would have to starve for a month as a result.
    it's interesting that 2 weeks ago it was smooth and they reached 3500k with day to spare and now 2800k in 4 days was hard to do. But I wasn't really in doubt, as they still had K-point charge which brings a lot. Also the situation in Komariko's last KD was even worse and they just extended it for another 20 minutes etc. Maybe it's simply getting harder for people to justify spending with SSK nearing but it doesn't always look like that in personal rooms so not sure.

13. ET920

ET920 Member

I could say it's pointless to donate money on board maintenance, but some people do :awesome:

Main problem with Kimidare and 48G in general is that they only recognize towers, which is great for them but bad for listeners. Some broadcasters call 10 bears in a row a クマタワー (tower of bears) and recognize it as a tower even if it doesn't stay on screen for long, because the listener spent as much money on a row as with a tower, sacrificing recognition in order to give the broadcaster extra points for an event. By the way, 10 towers in a row is called 10万円タワー (100k yen tower) between the big spenders.

If I were the producer, I'd tell the girls to name those who have thrown 10 bears in a row, maybe not as sponsors but as a passing thanks. And if I were a listener able to throw more than a tower at that program, I'd throw just one and then, just smaller gifts in tens.

Do the top supporters still get the signed board? It was at least something after spending hundreds of bucks. I prefer this

20170422_123008.png

Attached photo is too big. Please use thumbnail function, or reduce the size when photo is oversized.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  14. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Aside from the obvious "getting towers = popularity" factor, what do the girls actually get from that hundred bucks someone just threw at them? If it's nothing (and I've often heard that's what they say about it), then it really is a waste of money compared to other things the person could be doing for that girl, like buying votes or hs tickets or her official merch. If I were a member, I'm sure every tower I saw would feel like 10 votes I'm not gonna get in election. That must not be too great. Where is the money for all these gifts going? If it isn't "into the girl's pocket" then you're not actually supporting her in any concrete way, aside from things like Kimi, dare.

But even Kimi, dare is extremely questionable. If it's just barely hanging on by a thread and mainly supported by a few people whose money is running out, the people in charge are gonna see that (while they're pocketing all the profits). If the show doesn't actually bring any new opportunities to the girls it showcases - which is a very real possibility considering how AKB does pushes - again it's a waste of quite a lot of money.

No one can force anyone to spend their money a certain way, but I can't help thinking that some people can get addicted to the momentary feeling of seeing that gift go up and get acknowledged for a second by a girl who otherwise wouldn't be interacting with them. A lot like a drug addiction :^^;:

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it was Sasshi who said they got some of it every 3 or 6 months, but like a small percentage or something?
    I don't know.

Thing is, if SG singles right before the election are seen as a Catch22 by fans (less money for votes, but you don't want the girls to bomb...), how's this any different?

I think @ET920 said somewhere that a fan was asking for his salary in advance to support someone. THAT I find worrying.

Sure, anyone can spend their money however they see fit, but I wonder if some of this isn't getting into a dangerous area that could put people in trouble.

16. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

It isn't getting into a dangerous area, it's already there. Some people are centering their lives around idols (you can meet a 48 or 46 member practically every weekend, showroom is just yet another opportunity to drain people's pockets. It's interesting that the creative output, music-wise, is mostly stagnating (in my opinion) but the creativity for finding new ways to make money is ever growing. Sometimes I really do wonder if AKS has found the perpetuum mobile in wotas' pockets.

17. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I mean, I know a Tomu oshi who went bankrupted and had to close his shop after ranking her into senbatsu in ssk

18. Rurouni

For Kimi, Dare, you do get to see those unpopular member (yet!) perform at a variety show (more like an 1 hr MC session tho). I learn about lots of members from it. Basically if people don't know them, they can't really support them, thus having something like Kimi, Dare is nice. What I'm wondering is why AKS won't just pay for it (or at least try to reduce the goal by half). They can definitely get 3.5m points more easily if they put some of the popular "unpopular" member in it. But this week there wasn't really such a member. The most popular member this week in terms of SSK ranking is Mogi Shinobu. I wouldn't be surprised if they call Yuiri and Team 8 again for the next one. Also it is definitely dangerous to use all 16th gen line up. Probably if they want to use it, put them on Wednesday (Top Lead only do Wed and Fri), thus you have 2 days to make up for it in case they can't get lots of points.
    And yes, the member do get something from showroom. How much percentage do they get was never disclosed tho. This has been confirmed by Sasshi. Basically all except NMB (not sure about STU) will get something from SR. NMB, the last time I heard, get nothing (because of different management). That is why you seldom see NMB member stream.

19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

In my honest honest opinion, I don't find any point in throwing paid gifts where members only get a very small percentage of it nor asking for salary in advance in order to support someone. Yeah, sure, it's good seeing your oshimen being everywhere when you support them but is it really worth you spending thousands of dollar? It's fine spending like up to 5 votes for SSK but to be buying over 100 votes (which is about $1396)? With all that money, you could be doing things much better. If someone spends roughly $1400 for years consecutively, they could be enjoying a luxurious vacation.

My point is, I would never spend thousands of dollar to support someone that I don't know on a personal level. I'm willing to pay for a concert, CD, and/or something along those lines but votes for SSK or paid gifts in SR? I think I'll pass. If someone is financially stable, then that's barely behind the line but for someone that is not and spending thousands, yeah...I'm sure the girls don't want anyone going bankrupted because of them either.

20. ET920

ET920 Member

Too much to reply from a phone. SR usually keeps 80% of the income from gifts, agency and broadcaster share the last 20%. A model told me her agency and herself share 17%, so maybe AKS got a better deal. From that 20%, usually the agency gets 25% and the broadcaster the rest, but others share 75%/25% instead, and in auditions the broadcaster usually gets nothing. So, throwing a TT would give ¥8000 for SR, ¥500 for the agency and ¥1500 for the broadcaster. If you don't have an agency you'd get all ¥2000. In AKS case, it looks like AKS keeps between 95/97% (Sasshi said she kept ¥300, Kohaku said ¥270 IIRC, Naachan said ¥0, etc).

If you go to Kahotaru's Top 30 list, I know there are at least 7 very well paid professionals who could spend a lot of money. But in other places there also are common people who just earn a lot of money in pachinko, shops, etc. Those are the ones at risk of going bankrupt.

Girls get money for every HS ticket they sell, but doubt they get anything from every vote, although Kaotan and Masana mentioned (ironically?) that their salary was down this year cause they haven't done SSK last year.

Yes, SR was made thinking in the "find a cute girl with a dream and support her with money", which is the base of "idolhoom". That's why such program wouldn't really work in any place except Asia, and that's why they have so many like this (DMM Yell, for example).

This guy is just a common dude from Kuwait, but was trying to get money for an event. I admit the IRIS sisters are awesomely cute and talented, but if you aren't a professional you should keep your impulses under control.

https://twitter.com/_rrue/status/855163603078479873?s=09

(Addenum)

A few girls actually say that aloud, I think Nako or Miku say don't spend money here, instead buy handshake tickets. However, they don't realize people who spend money on SR don't necessarily spend it on real life. Foreigners (even from near locations in Asia) might not be able to travel to Japan for handshake events at all, and the only way to "visually" show support is throwing gifts. It's my case as well. Others, for example, do realize their fans got the money for both gifts _and_ handshake events. For example, Andy is a Taiwanese who's Kurenyan oshi and virtually always throws a tower at her whenever she broadcasts. But he also attends to HS events, and Kurenyan remembers him from both sides. Same with the butler (can't remember his name right now) at Tanao's room, she broadcasts daily and he spends at least USD 150 per day on her, but also attends Team 8 events. If you think about it, even if he'd spend those USD 4500 per month in handshake tickets (besides the ones he already uses), he wouldn't be able to use them all on her. And there are some who are just too shy to go to those events.

So, spend the money on elections. Okay, but that happens only once per year, so what do you do the rest of the year if you already have every towel and pic you could get from your oshi?

I don't think these girls (at least the common 48G girls) stop to think that a Tokyo Tower means 10 votes less in senkyo. Most are just thankful. I could say that it's possible that the pro showroomers might cringe if they see someone throwing 20 bears, one at a time (as a listener we tease pro broadcasters that way, 一個投げ, ikko nage, throwing many gifts one at a time so that neither she nor the listener receives the 20% bonus for 10x throws), but since they aren't on an event now I doubt they care that much. However, we as listeners sometimes suggest them to throw in tens, or if they don't have the coins, choose a smaller gift so that they get a better value for their money (if you go to Tanao's room you'll probably see the butler throwing hearts, as a listener is much more rewarding to tap the button 10k times during 30-40 minutes than tapping it once only for a Tokyo Tower.

And I wonder how she'd feel if she knew that. Girls never stop to think from where comes the money fans spend on them during Elections, they just say "I'll try harder next year!", which means they would try harder at making fans spend more money on them than what they did this year, doesn't it.

Common people can only buy one tower at a time. So, if you see someone throwing many towers in a show but only one at a time, he probably is recharging his gold during the show, which means he is careful with what he's spending. Big spenders have more than USD 1000 in gold in their SR wallets at all times, so they can throw them in tens. That's why I always thought Taguchi was not a professional able to spend a big amount of money, but instead someone who was pushing his limits. Maybe a pachinko player, maybe a shop owner. You would see him in some broadcasts throwing a tower to reach top stop, then if someone matched his bet, he would bet another, and if someone else threw 20 bears, he would throw another. He might end always at the top, but measuring what he spent. When I compare him with other big spenders like Youichi, Ryuu, AK, Mecha, Aipon, Date34, etc, you realize there's a big difference.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017