1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. akbdaisuki48

akbdaisuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    so .. who wore it better?
    akb48 vs Keyakizaka46 on suits

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG]

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  3. GyaraDon

GyaraDon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kadowaki miyuna
    Twitter:
    gyara_don
    Mariko-sama

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

4. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Suzuki Ayane

[​IMG]

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Do you actually think Japanese men will all of a sudden not buy CD’s in order to touch cute sexy young Japanese girls because the media and public calls them “flops”? lol
    The general public hasn’t given a shit about akb in 4 years. If you've lived in Japan at anytime in the last 5 years or so, you would already know that almost the entire general public already calls them flops.

OhhhYeaa.JPG

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sounds like you've lived in Japan for the last 5 years?

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    What are you meaning by "flops", which the Japanese public is supposedly using to describe AKB now? オワコン? Because the meanings aren't equivalent.
    Also, it's pretty painful to see koreaboo lingo being used in the middle of a discussion using otherwise normal English terms. Please don't.
    Next time I check, you'll bring in "stan", "trash" and some three other strains of cancer, too.

8. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Really?? I lived there and they were still pretty damned popular in 2016.

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

What even... Both "flop" and "stan" are 100% english words, and their origins and meaning have nothing to do with Korea and Kpop? These words have been used by english-speaking people long before, and still now, even when they know nothing about Korea and Kpop. Just make a quick Google search on them.

Flop: Informal; An utter failure. (cr)
    Stan: An overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity. (cr)

Flop is a commonly used word in english especially when speaking of musical acts. in fact it's being used in other languages too even if it's of english origin, in french for example they also use "flop" for rankings (and other things) opposed to "top". (so basically they also use it to express "failure"). Stan is a word that comes from Eminem's song Stan (an english rapper and english song) where the song and music video are about an obsessed fan.

How does that relate or belong to Korea in any way? These common harmless words are "painful" to you? well I'm sorry but they are being used all over the world, especially "flop", by thousand/million of people who have no idea what Kpop even is. there's no reason to overreact over it or stop people from using it.

And for information "koreaboo" is when non-koreans use korean words in english sentences, like "nugu" etc. again "flop" & "stan" have nothing to do with it.

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  11. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Eminem was born in Missouri. When I lived there, it wasn't in England. He may sing in a varient of English, but he certainly isn't English.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I mean english-speaking. American rapper. alright, english isn't my first language but I'm sure you got what I mean LOL

13. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Obviously the arguably best group of idols ever assembled, AKB48 can only wish [hehe][hehe]

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Linguistics???? In my AKB forum???

Kii.

I've heard more about stans and flops from gay twitter tbh.
    The Stan Wars between Little Monsters against the Beyhive, Swifties and basically everything and everyone.
    The flops that were Madonna's Hard Candy and Britney's BJ, Gaga's Joanne, blablabla.

So yeah, not exclusive to Kpop (whose stans are indeed crazy).

15. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

It's unfair. Hairstyle of akb members is unnatural. I mean I like simple hair of members + Uza costume is perfect for me. I want video of uza performance compare with this mv.

btw I vote Keyakizaka46.

16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The Originals vs the Edgelord copies? No contest.

17. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    I too like morning musume from the early 2000s.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

AKB one has those boyish hairstyles (like danso) and the colorful ties LOL Keyaki one has just regular suits while the girls keeping their real hairstyles (it's just Techi with boyish hairstyle but she has short hair naturally). I love both but personally think Keyaki is better because of the hair. anyway, it doesn't matter. all those snarky comments in this page though LOL

19. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Her hair is not naturally short.

She gets haircuts.

20. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Not since late 2013, but yes 1 year as a student and 3 years as a teacher. Unless they've gained popularity since 2014, which I don't think you will find anyone saying, then no in the general public they're not liked.

Not when I lived there. It may depend on who you spent most of your time around? Remember, this discussion is about the general public, not wotas. I can't remember anyone other than a couple high school students and a few people I met who ever said they like them. Most of the friends I made or the coworkers I had never spoke about them in a positive way.