[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @Trinu - I mean, who wouldn't bail on 'Wiz Khalifa' to be honest...

And there I was, thinking I'd get through this week without anyone referring to Kimye! :p
    Their press is definitely a lot more sensationalist, completely agree there, reporting first and then asking for the facts afterwards.

It does remain to be seen if this will actually occur. I am now more interested in the possible song choices and the members chosen from the 48G side.
    If you were to send 48G members to perform a Korean song, or alongside a Korean artist like IOI, who would it be? I mean, I would go for some of the girls who actually listen to and like Korean music, as they would more likely know the dances and how they perform. IOI has 11 members so I reckon they'd go for that number too.

My ideal:

Sasshi - current numero uno, would be silly not to have her there and she can be the HKT rep;
    Sayanee - front and centre, gives it a powerful image and main NMB rep;
    Jurina - for the dance power and main SKE rep;
    Ogiyuka - main NGT rep, we have seen she can do strong dances and has passion;
    Yumirin - she's getting the push in everything atm and she can be the STU rep;
    Mirurun/Kitarie/Nao - current NMB centre, current NGT leader or current SKE awesome if you want another sister group member; I do not think Sakura would fit here;
    Yuihan - leader, should be there;
    Naachan - vibrant performer, leading the AKB next gen;
    Juri - have all three of the AKB members who ranked in the top 16 there, and I want her there anyway;
    Miichan - if you want someone who can dance really well, she'd have to be there;
    Miion/Yuirii - you need enough AKB reps here so either would be an option.

Any other thoughts on who you'd like to see?

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

If I were a Kpop artist desperate for acknowledgement from the American industry, I wouldn't.

Really, they make news out of Rihanna liking a picture from Tiffany... a performance between a K-singer and an American rapper (be it infamous or not) would have made the news.
    And the fact that it was just done without an explanation from her... gurl, bye.

Anyway, if this collab does happen, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the Dance Senbatsu from the 50th single.

3. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I didn't think she was to be honest. SNSD tried the briefest of stints in America and it just didn't work. She seems happy enough working her way around the Far East and sticking to South Korea.

Again, this is SM and their inability to give a straight answer to anything off the mark. There are very few companies there who do to be honest. I wouldn't just put it down to her.

But now, back to AKB!!

That would be... great from a dance perspective, sure. But a little bit lazy, choice wise. Plus, only 8 members. And Korean dance routines are not always the most difficult to replicate.

P.S really enjoying this discussion, been a while on this forum tbh...

• Like Like x 1
  4. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

If its visuals, Renacchi has got to be there. She's the only one that can compare to the likes of Pinky and Doyeon.

5. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Who's IOI? I read they'll reform from their ex-member for this collab? Or?

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I have a feeling the higher the expectation of this discussion the greater the disappointment after the performance.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Eh, most of IOI members are doing well. Especially Sejeong.

I am not that hyped, even though IOI is my fav k-pop group. I just want all IOI members perform Pick Me and AKB members perform another HR+KFC+Flying Get medley. This collab is weird but whatever I'll still take it

But I wouldn't expect anything enjoyable because it is MAMA a.k.a boring

8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

No. They could have just solo debuted her like they did with Chungha. It's not like Somi will lack in popularity. Even Soyeon got a solo debut because everyone acknowledges her talent but it's just that she's lacking in the visuals department.
    :confused: 45th floor and 100th floor
    ---
    @Sejeong While Sejeong is popular in a way and is carrying out Gugudan, Gugudan AND Sejeong is not that big to be honest. I mean, compared to a group like Blackpink, they're really nothing despite 2 members (2nd and 9th) are from the "nation's girl group". Yeah yeah, BP is from the Big3 whatever but considering that they've been in the spotlight for 1 year and 4 months, that's really not a lot. Besides, just like Wanna One is right now, IOI was really popular too so it's not like they flopped.
    IOI is a one year contract group formed from the survival show called Produce 101, hosted by Mnet. Girls from different agencies come on the show for a shot to debut or use the chance to promote themselves. We vote for the girls. The girls with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. The top 11 will debut, forming IOI. However, this January, they've disbanded already. All members (except Somi) have debuted in their own agency's new groups. The show and group has gotten so popular that they created a second season, forming Wanna One.

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Renacchi is prettier than the IOI girls.

Anyway, I hope Sasshi/Sayanee/Jurina or any long-time 48G member does not perform the collab. imo it's kinda disrespectful to make them perform with the newbies of Kpop when these 48G members have been idols for like 7-10 years? at least IOI had some popularity, but those groups coming out of it are all new and not so popular, they debuted like what, 5 months ago and barely have popularity, they're not on the level of AKB... and yeah AKB might not keep up well with them in dancing depending on what kind of dancing it is, AKB members are not trained for this after all. but let's see.

Overall I'm neutral about this collab...

though calling Kpop "plastic" is hmm... it's not a lie, but some of the 48G girls also had plastic surgeries, including your oshi @Reveen LOL I'm just saying :fear:

10. Matsui Hikari

^Wow. Really? You are as worse as the Kpop people that look down on Jpop.

11. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    My god this discussion is worse than advertised.

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Opinion

Really? This is where you are going with this discussion??? You have evidence?

When I said "That's Enough" That didn't mean to take the sniping to another thread. And this is not just aimed at @Mana . @Reveen, you are not so innocent either. I see you instigating stuff. And there are a few others in here who like to "pile on," so to speak. But for now, since some of you don't want to play nice...

Mana and Reveen, a month off from this thread, and the graduate thread.

I recommend you put one another on ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. trxsh

trxsh Member

The point about IOI being rookies was moot anyway since the majority of them have already trained for years before debut vs AKB who generally train for months if that much. They definitely have enough mainstream success to be considered on the same plane as AKB also

Imo Sakura definitely belongs there, shes known as a crap dancer but if she can survive promotions in the front row of BwT then it's probably fine.
    I wish Miyamae and Takeuchi Mai were still members, theyd be cute performing an ioi song

and @ "people are gonna be disappointed", if the performance doesnt end up happening for whatever reason i wont be devastated or anything, its still an interesting idea

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matsui Hikari

I agree 100%. Sakura is the only regular senbatsu member that has somewhat korean beauty standards. If only she had long hair, she would be the bomb. Anyways, I wouldn't be too devastated if this collab doesn't happen either. After all, all it will bring is negative feedback targeting AKB.

15. trxsh

trxsh Member

Yeah, there are a ton of new teenage idols debuting in Korea with Sakura's cutesy doe-eyes look.

Mostly because this looks funny- I cant read Japanese but this is a famous plastic surgeon in Japan saying Haruppi looks unnatural/like avatar??

if someone could pls translate :)

16. Matsui Hikari

^All I interpret from that tweet is "unnatural." However, from the photos, it seems like the person is talking about how Haruppi's nose is going downwards (sort of straight down), making it look like an avatar's nose. If you actually look at it, you can indeed see the filler part because it ends where her natural curved indent(?) of her nose is. There is a quite harsh point.

I don't think Ayaya has gotten a nose surgery. Her nose looked super thin even in her 2010 profile picture. I think it's just the angle and lack of shadows that made her nose look super wide.

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Debuting solo is very risky, why would they debut Somi as a solo when its very likely going flop plus Somi doesnt have the skills to go solo anyways. JYP is in this to make money, not fulfilling a little's dream. They still give her other jobs in the meantime waiting for the new group which will debut after Stray kids.

Ofcourse Gugudan isnt that big, all post IOI groups are pretty much scraping by but they arent flopping either. Sejeong's name value actually exceeds Gugudan's name value.

18. Vanquire

Vanquire Kenkyuusei

while everyone arguing each other. im just sit down here watching akb stuff ..

19. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Ok I'm confused. It seems like certain discussions were removed from this thread for particular reasons but yet I see quotes being drawn in from another thread in an attempt to bring that discussion back?

Anyway I'm curious what is the basis for saying that Sakura fits Korean beauty standards. Not saying she's un-pretty but she looks like she'd be like a member of a b-list group who's in the group because of talent and not visuals IMO of course.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  20. trxsh

trxsh Member

To avoid misunderstandings, I quoted from the Stage48 feedback thread to the AKB thread because I was curious about it and asking a question about it there would be out of place in a forum feedback thread, but not in the AKB thread since it's a video about AKB members. it's also a pretty regular thing for folks to ask for rough translations in case anyone can be bothered :p

/edit: lmao wetpantsu edited out their original post saying sakura looks like a "terrifying overgrown baby" so i took the part out of mine calling kato rena bland (unnecessary in context)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017