1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Because you made me curious I went to check if she actually interested South Korea. An actual tiring research
    Well... I will simply say that currently, the top idols in terms of beauty (and i'm only talking about idols, South Korea seems to favor actresses and models, no surprise) come from Nogizaka46 and I think it's no surprise to anyone who knows a bit about South Korea. Nanase, Maiyan and (very far behind) Saito Asuka. There's also Hashimoto Kanna. The only current AKB48 member mentioned in the rankings lately is Watanabe Mayu and unfortunately she's on her way out. Though I've seen some talks about Sakura mostly thanks to her instagram aesthetics. Jurina is also a topic right now but that's not because of looks but mostly because of her recent arrival in Korea and the welcome her fans did.
    Interestingly, Paruru was quite popular in terms of looks.

However, I'm only talking about beauty standards. This probably doesn't equal to actual popularity (though... this is South Korea, there might be correlation). But for all I know, Sasshi could be very popular, but not mentioned because I've only skimmed through beauty/visuals posts and articles and she doesn't fit their very strict definition of beauty (disclaimer: not saying she is not pretty, she just doesn't fit their standard, and their standard is pretty defined).

Anyway this maybe gives you a better idea to whether or not Sakura fits South Korea's beauty standard, and I'd tend to say yes.

If any of you want to do the research and see which pictures and girls pop up when you do the research here's the term to search 일본 여자 아이돌 (japanese female idol)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  2. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

idk if this help you answer your curiosity or not but Sakura has a decent fanbase in South Korea alone and increase thanks to her instagram posts

3. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Aha! Drama aside, I can see that many seem to think Sakura would fit into my line-up, so, going on general opinion, I would then remove Miion/Yuirii to keep it 11. Sakura did rank higher than Miion so it would still make sense. I can just about see that she would fit, following your reasoning, especially when you look at Korean artists like Seohyun from SNSD or A Pink, who have that general image. Did not realise she had a decent South Korean fanbase either!

I've also seen mention of Renacchi I think? I did consider her, but then you get to the argument of why not more popular individuals like WAkarin, Hinatan (who is a great dancer), or Akane, and as I'm not even including my oshimen I don't think I can justify including her :p
    Now I'm thinking about whether Yuki would fit here... blow it, sorry Miichan but you have to make room!

If it goes ahead, then, going on the above, my semi-idealistic mind would go for (L - R):
    Front Row: Jurina, Sayanee
    Second Row: Naachan, Sasshi, Yukirin, Sakura
    Third Row: Yumirin, Juri, Ogiyuka, Yuihan, Miru

4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Realistically speaking, there's currently no one in AKB that fits the korean beauty standards. We used to have Aigasa Moe who was a top notch member resembling kpop idols in photos but she left. Next comes Abe Maria to a certain extend. However, Maria's beauty can be arugable. Outside of AKB, the only other one that comes to mind is Sakura. Sakura has the eyebags that sort of died but is still popular, v shaped face, big eyes, an "ideal" nose, and etc. Again, Sakura is another debatable beauty.

I think that Naachan is very pretty but the only flaw would be her mouth in my opinion. It does make her unique and different but companies (and Korean) tend to like more "average beauty" appearances. I think Maiyan would be pretty good. Asuka, she is very very far behind.

Unlike popular opinions, I don't think Paru is that pretty even though she was once my kami oshi LOL

In the kpop world, beauty = popularity. Irene is the easiest example. Her beauty gets everyone raving and talking about her.

Searching up 일본 여자 아이돌 is like Americans searching up "japanese female idol" or Chinese searching up "日本女性偶像." It means nothing.

5. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I won't comment on the rest since it's personal opinion (though I'd say Nanase does fit the standard of small face, big eyes, v line. Before Irene there were the likes of Yoona and Suzy. And I think she's closer to those ideals with a mix of YooA who is the visual of her group. Basically doll visuals).

But I wanted to precise the research I did is more extensive than that. I went through naver, istinz, akb48 cafe, and google. Didn't just search this term either. However, interestingly except for a few pictures, the ones and the girls who come out are in line with what gets people talking in general in terms of beauty. It's your choice to consider my research valid or not.

6. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    What about about Tano in lineup?She's definitly a good dancer and I think she's a fairly decent singer too!Also,I think I heard at some point the some thought she had a non-japanese(?) beauty so would it fit for the korean look you guys have been talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Aigasa Moe? I know she loves kpop and dresses in korean fashion but come on...

8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Come on what? Yeah, Aigasa gained weight towards the end but her looks did have the KPop look, at least with the proper make-up and what not.

9. Matsui Hikari

Before Moe's weight gain, she was the only one in the entire AKB that had the most Kpop aura. Even after her weight gain, her selfies and face still exceeds everyone in terms of "korean standards"

• Like Like x 1
  10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Soooooooooooooooooo

Abema TV will broadcast the AKB48 Group Douji Kaisai Concert in Yokohama ~Kotoshi wa Rank in Dekimashita Shukugakai~ 2016 Sept 15th) which is is ranked in members fan appreciation event which if yall remember when Paru and Nyan was still part of AKB lol

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

Guess they will show us this years fan appreciation event next year right.

11. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

This is getting absurd. Aigasa Moe is just a gyaru who styled herself after Tomochin. There's nothing remotely Korean about the way she look.

12. Matsui Hikari

Are you realizing what you are saying? Did you even attempt to search up how a gyaru looks like? You saying that Moe has **nothing** remotely Korean about the way she look means either 1) You have no knowledge of her Instagram photos especially before she deleted all of them 2) You simply searched up "Aigasa Moe" 3) You have no idea why a Korean looks "Korean" or knowledge about the way Koreans try to present themselves. Heck, even occasionally Chori's fashion somewhat resembles Korean fashion and Fuuchan can also very much fit the Korean beauty standards. It's just that she portrays more and mainly Japanese styles. Fuuchan's beauty is comparable to Pinky's beauty. It's sort of unique but also very plain at the same time. It's either you find them super attractive or meh. On the other hand, the popular Annin, Jiina, Renacchi, Mahohon, is what you consider pretty to Japanese as some (or most) Japanese find "foreign" features more pretty.

It's really hard to explain but there's a clear distinction between the way Koreans and Japanese look. It's just the way the photo is taken screams Japanese or Korean in my opinion. I guess the way one is dressed can affect it too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you see it? I think the answer is pretty clear. It's not even that I'm bias or anything and is choosing good/bad photos. I just see a trend.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ It's the cultural difference usage of peace signs and duck faces. :chuffed:

14. Matsui Hikari

You literally jumped over my point but that's okay since it's you (not in a negative way LOL) :approve:

15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

You can pretty much tell the difference between Japanese and Koreans at the 1st glance if you are familiar enough. The hair, make up, fashion, pose even average facial structure are different. Also crooked teeth are Japanese traits since other countries would have got braces

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Just trying to engage the conversation here lol

Sorry I'm really bad at fashion sense nor do I care that much as long as the girls dun look like hobos. (But thats cool too)

=======================

Since we on the topic of Korean idol stuff...

I just read that the TWICE singles have this "high-five" event ticket randomly distributed. But the chance of getting that according to this matome article is 1/10 to 1/15.

Comparing to AKB buisness model of selling HS tickets I guess it's more "moral" in this case lol

Plus the high-five event itself I would imagine is like 0.1 sec and then you move on XD

http://akb48taimuzu.livedoor.biz/archives/52483514.html

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

AKB model only works because of their massive amount of members tho. A max slot member can sell roughly 15-20k of CDS with 6 days of handshakes. Normal group will have to use random gimmick or lottery gimmick.

18. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Jurina fans better shape up to ensure the win. Hopefully SKE hako oshis will partially contribute to Jurina since a Jurina win in Nagoya will definitely put SKE back in the idol map.

Heck, Nagoya's tourism board should contribute a bit as well, hehe.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

After the mess that was Okinawa, I really hope they stick to indoor venues for a couple of years.