1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You must have perused the groups accounts to be such an expert :rolleyes:

2. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Nope, just intelligent enough to be able to extrapolate based on the information that is publicly available.

Do you think that HKT doesn't turn a profit?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mikansei

Mikansei Kenkyuusei

it same goes to nogizaka or the other girls group around the world :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I don't presume to speak with certainty on the subject given the relative lack of information.

But perhaps you'd like to outline your thesis to educate us all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    The girls have openly discussed how little they get paid on average. HKT continues operating as normal, even expanding operations despite being a relatively poorly selling group. It only takes a fraction of a brain to work out that they are profitable. It's not like AKS is afraid to cut loose dead weight when it isn't making them money. Not sure why you're getting all worked up about a simple, and frankly obvious and common sense, comment. You must be confusing me with somebody who pretends to have exact numbers and insider knowledge - none of which I implied by saying that sister groups are clearly making money. If sister groups were not profitable, AKS wouldn't keep adding new ones.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Logistics and staff maintenance cost more than the members I would assume.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Absolutely, but I seriously doubt they would be stupid enough to let those costs make them unprofitable.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'll ignore the passive-aggressive insults and go straight to the point that if you are going to make a statement of fact you should have actual evidence to back it up not an anecdote or presumption. Also I didn't say HKT weren't making a profit but thanks for putting words in my mouth eh.

Also HKT are not expanding their activities, their tours are not to the same level or extent they were in 2014-16 and they don't have much in the way of tv shows these days either.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Idk what is actually being argued here but I mean the fact that they pay the girls less isn't the main income why they make money right? It's the sales.

10. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    They keep adding members. They keep adding sister groups. That's all the fact you need. If it wasn't profitable, they wouldn't be doing it. I made a simple, common sense conjecture based on the expected behavior of a rational profit-seeking company. You jumped on my back to argue against that - if you don't agree that they're profitable then you must be arguing that they're not. I'm not sure why. You are acting as if "they make a lot of money" is some insanely outlandish proposition that needs sources cited. It's all over the news that AKS is a massively profitable company and that Aki-P is one of the wealthiest people in Japanese entertainment. Not really sure why that is so hard for you to come to terms with.

My argument is "AKS makes a lot of money". Not sure why anyone would care to disagree. But apparently people do.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's alright but I'm just saying your original comment sounded more like "AKS makes money by paying peanuts to members." Which was odd to me when you think single sales is just a piece of the profit when it should be a whole chunk of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Even if the girls aren't paid a fortune, they are still taken care of, aren't they?

Transport, food or even accommodation is provided, so if they get X amount of money, it's basically for... clothes? Coffee? Going to Universal Studios? lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I think the second link's title said "The one who's going to make the 48g 'yabai' (I never know how to translate that properly) if she decides to graduate now is not Yukirin or Sayanee, but Sashihara"

The first reply said that Sashihara's presence in the media is huge. And if Sashihara graduates, there's a chance that AKB won't be invited to Kouhaku.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    ooh, i see i see, thank you, i must have misunderstood something there

15. haryo48

haryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    AKB48
    2010年70.9億年間3位
    2011年162.8億年間1位
    2012年190.9億年間1位
    2013年132.5億年間2位
    2014年130.7億年間2位
    2015年112.9億年間2位
    2016年69.4億年間4位
    2017年72.6億年間5位

乃木坂46
    2014年27.2億年間9位
    2015年44.9億年間6位
    2016年74.4億年間3位
    2017年80.6億年間4位

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    More girls in 48G, but paid less. Less girls in 46G, but paid more.
    It's basically this, right?

17. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    Isn't this more about what the company behind the group earns, not the girls?
    In this case it would be more like: AKS earns less than Sony with more girls, Sony earns more than AKS with less girls.
    We can only assume how much the average idol earns since we have no real information on that topic but I somehow doubt that the average 46 idol gets paid a lot more than a 48 idol. Talking only about the money they get for their usual group activities of course, not outside work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I'd say both 48 and 46 members will have their own sets of contract which are different for each members or "group" of members.
    There is no way Yukirin or Naachan have the same basic contract with a recently promoted gen 16, or Maiyan with a Nogi 3rd gen.

Average 46 idol get more than 48 idol? I'm not really sure. I think their payment will have components of basic payment + % from internal activities + % of outside jobs. Don't forget 48 have their own respective theater, and those who are not popular enough usually ends up as regular theater girl (except by choice like Yuiri). Let's try to make an exercise based on assumption, please correct me if I miss something. Say the basic yearly salary for U-20 entertainer is the same as undergraduate/vocational scholarship in japan around 100000Y per month.
    So if an AKB member appear in theater like 100 times a year (about 8-9 performances a month which is quite low for a theater regular), plus she appear in AKB concert around 4 times a year times two if they have 2 performances as usual (SSK, Janken, thanksgiving concert, some other concert), plus 3 times 4 HS event a year, with no outside job as she is not popular enough. Keep in mind that minimum wage per hour in Tokyo is around 932 Yen, for convenience sake say we round it to 1000 Yen/hour. For theater performance averaging in 3 hours, 1 concert for 5 hours, and HS event for not so popular member for 4 hours. So we will get (12 mo x 100000Y) + (100x x 3h x 1000Y) + (4x x 2x x 5h x 1000Y) + (3x x 4x x 4h x 1000Y) = 1200000Y + 300000Y + 40000Y + 48000Y =
    1588000Y
    For a 46 member, say she have more regular concert around 6 times a year, 4 times 4 HS event, and no outside jobs, and no theater performance, assuming they have similar calculation: Basic Yearly Salary + (6x x 2x x 5h x 1000Y) + (4x x 4x x 4h x 1000) = 1200000Y + 60000Y + 56000Y = 1316000Y

The bulk of their budget will go to paying salary (of staff members which are huge), production of music and videos, holding events, and maybe more than half of total budget for promotional purpose.
    About the income stated in the article, I don't think the profit will end up for the members, most of it will end up for the company tho.

*I don't know enough of 46G to know how many concerts and HS they do in a year :^^;: can anyone kind enough to inform me this.

• Like Like x 4
  19. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think it is safe to assume that on average Sakamichi girls earns more than 48G. Yes, the basic salary might not be that much different. But they probably got alot more bonuses, HS tickets earnings (as they have like 80-90% sold out rates)

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  20. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Oh I always wondered if idols got a percentage cut from that. That's good to know, thanks. :)