[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Poor Wonyoung :|

2. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    https://www.jkt48.com/news/detail/id/1087

JKT48 Team KIII opening a proposal of setlist from fans. I think instead of reusing old setlists (which always the overused one) AKBGroup should do this more. It would be a refreshment [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

4. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 5
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    As was pointed out in Myao's thread by 3D-ism, not counting Sasshi, only four of the original 20 are left (Jurina, Yukirin, Myao, and Miichan). That made me think of Koichun which has only four of the original 16 left (Jurina, Yukirin, Yuihan, and Dasu). Actually, having four left after 10 years is actually more than I would expect.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hoah now I wonder if any Japan48 has audition, gonna have very few applicants because of:

1. NGT48 disaster
    2. Looking at Juri, why join 48 if if a girl can just go to Korea?
    Well, true fans will always be, we can see Mahopyon who still being an AKB48 fan and aspired to join the group and it came true. Please reward her.

2019 JKT48 got original songs then 2020 I expect JKT48 to have original stages ~ but I wish KIII would get Ramune no Nomikata

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Juri can go to Korea because she came in AKB and did Produce 48.
    Without those, it would be tougher to look for a career there.
    And not alll the former contestants will have such an opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Well J-idols and K-idols are very different. You join for different reasons. Also the obvious culture/language issues can come up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    im pretty sure 90% people wanna be k-idols nowadays because the glamorous and recognition that you may have gotten.

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I'm one of the 10%. Becoming an indie musician can still get many fangirls like The 1975. :cool:

Sorry for OOT.

Well, I don't mean to pester but the reason why not going to Korea is that Korean are racists. Look at Blackpink's Lisa incident.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    racists are everywhere, not wise to label the whole population of a country just because some bad apples

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Because to get into a Korean company you have to either be good at singing/rap/dancing or be VERY good looking. In AKB48 they are looking for more personality then looks/skills.

It depends on what your strong points are and what you want to be known for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Saying Korean are racists while talking about Japanese is like the pot calling the kettle black.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Racists are everywhere, but they aren't tolerated and catered to everywhere the way they are in Korea. It's practically part of their national identity, and companies regularly cave to pressure from those "bad apples".

On average the two countries express their racism in very different ways. Japanese racism mostly only affects themselves, Koreans seem keen to export theirs.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

They announced the retirement of Takahiro Hosoi (AKB48 theater manager), along with the termination of Imamura Etsuro contract. Right now they left the AKB48 theater manager position vacant.
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12445106009.html
    From what is written in that blog, the trigger is likely the picture recently (like probably less than 24hrs before that blog post) being posted in Togasaki twitter of those 2 with Togasaki drinking together, thus deemed as inappropriate behavior considering that they are still investigating the NGT48 case.
    Please don't discuss about the NGT48 case in this thread. If you want to discuss about the NGT case, please go to this thread http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/ngt48-assault-case.22622/ (and yes, this news already been discussed there).

As for my comment, I think Hosoi so far has been doing a really good job. It is unfortunate for him to be caught in this.
    I hope the new manager will be at least as enthusiastic and supportive as Hosoi.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I agree. This is an unfortunate. Hosoi has been better than Shinobu. (Can't sprak for TGSK because I haven't followed AKB48 then)

17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    TGSK left on a very bad note, but aside from that he was a better manager than all who came after.

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    All I know is that Togasaki left Mayuyu off the Tokyo Dome Shuffle announcement. A great moment in AKB48 history! :)

• Like Like x 7
  19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, I'll keep Hosoi resignation in the ever-longer list of strangereal things in AKS intern then.

20. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I am confused about this. He had to resign because someone shared a photo of him drinking?? He is a grown man, right? And I'm assuming he wasn't drinking with any underage idols or anything? Are AKB managers actually prohibited from going out for a drink on their own time?