1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Thanks for sharing.
    But after reading the article...meh. S/he needs to show the sales data and vote number data in every SSK to be objective in supporting his arguments.
    Otherwise, it is just cherrypicking data to support the argument you want to push, which is "they are declining". Lol.

From last weekend HS experience...I doubt that is the recent trend. Wotas already move on and new girls already cementing their stakes with new and old fans. Well, ask Tuhis how crazy the queue was some days ago...:|

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    The difference between friday and saturday was obvious. Friday had even one of Naochan's slots starred, saturday was completely sold out IIRC. But there was a LOT of people out on saturday. (I wasnt there for sunday.)

4. welp

welp Next Girls

I like the idea of the stage play, something they have not been done over and over and over dozens of times. It'll be great if the production and performance standard is professional. A problem with the stage play is it's extremely time-consuming. Members involve in the project cannot do anything until it is over.

Even I can tell this article is a trash. How can AKB come back to origin when it has grown multiple times bigger? Surely, Japan will eventually move pass CD to digital platforms but, the transition is slow.

5. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Last weekend HS is kinda an outlier because it's the first in three months, with aggressive resales.

The number of starred slot was already pretty low (even on Friday), and there was only 6 (!!) starred slots on Sunday.

6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Sunday was much worse than Saturday :fp:
    Entering the venue after round 1 start, it took half an hour plus just to pass the first security :cry:
    I made it to the first round barely 2 minutes before it was closed. The staffs sometimes being kind if they see people running to a closed lane and have tickets for that member. But plenty of people missed the early rounds because of it...

That made oshimashi round for whoever it is feels like hell for the rest of the day. :^^;:
    Well...guess you made it safely to Finland :approve:

7. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    How crazy was Sunday? I went out before saturday's slot 6 and suddenly a horde of people was filling up security check but even then I got sorted in maybe 10 minutes.

8. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    This is likely grasping at straws, but I've noticed that in the past four or five months, there have been more TV specials that feature small-to-large groupings of ex-AKB members. With the current trend of AKB on the decline with scandals and lack of a central figure, I wonder if Akimoto & Co are gearing up for a post-grad AKB group of sorts? The random TV shows I'm seeing this year seem to feature the super unpopular girls (most recently a special with Natsuki, Haachan, Chiichan, and Uchi).... and I wonder if there's something behind it?

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It looks like the usual back to the roots (aka theater) phrase.
    And new stages are still nowhere to be seen, and A7 studio recording has become the new lost stage.
    Though as enjoyable as stages are, it's not where their incomes are from.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes I noticed too, I mentioned it a while ago in a post here, the AKB grads are getting more work lately which makes me wonder, it seems like the general opinion on AKB is actually better than before somehow. The biggest show was the London Hearts special sports competition with former AKB, I really didn't think the show would get so much attention, and now they're doing a follow-up later this month with Hirajima Natsumi, Kojima Natsuki and Owada Nana talking about getting back into the industry. The show will also talk about Uchida Mayumi and Matsubara Natsumi's careers after being idol. it's really interesting and I'm surprised at all the attention for former AKB, including the less known. I don't think there's a project for a graduate group, but I would like to see that :XD:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    That's good, as I always promoted "back to the roots and basics" direction for AKB48. These few years most of the events and spotlights are like given to new generation members and it is actually not healthy as it shows they are just living in the shadows of their great senpais.

So imo it's a good call to cancel SSK, Janken and etc as the new generation needs to start build up their own reputation in the stage theaters and HS. That's the orthodox way, say no to excessive gimmicks.

12. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    theatre in 2019 rr.png rr.png rr.png

they should return to their true roots by doing more SR and YT :!:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I enjoy theater more than SR since it's like watching a concert, while SR is often mostly talking and it's not always interesting even if you understand LOL but I like when members do karaoke or cooking SR, that's fun.

and I agree they should do more Youtube content. They stopped uploading the off-shot cams... and especially those funny game videos with Yukirin, Shiichan etc. were just awesome, why can't it become a weekly thing! it would really do a lot for the group. They even subbed them... maybe they would do more if it received more reactions and views, idk :|

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I thought it's just they're busy with all the events/concerts/performances now?

15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    That's my girl!
    But, please, no more Team 4...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Team 4 just needs to go back to the original costumes [hehe]

But no, theater is the heart of the show, and they need to stop neglecting it. Get a real theater manager in who will get the ball rolling on new stages.

Maybe Yuiri...

17. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    How are they neglecting theatre? We just have a new stage less than 2 months ago.

August is always the no-stage month, since most members are busy with all the summertime works.

To be honest, while the actual theatre manager position is vacant, I don't really feel like I am missing anything.

18. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    Sister group music show appearance in 2019
    http://awabi.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/akb/1565050582/0-
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190805-00000021-tospoweb-ent

SKE48
    -Stand by you : CDTV, Melodix Premium
    -Frustation : -

NMB48
    -Tokonoma Seiza Musume : -
    -Bokou he kaere : (released today, and not announced yet)

HKT48
    -Ishi : CDTV

STU48
    -Kaze wo Matsu : CDTV, Melodix Premium, Utacon
    -Daisukina Hito : Shibuya Note, Ongaku no Hi, Utacon, Inochi no Uta fest

Izone (June - July)
    Shibuya Note, Music Station, Utacon, CDTV, Music Fair, Ongaku no Hi, Buzzrhytm02, FNS

19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    No, Team 4 needs more rotation.

20. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui