1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

9th Generation 10th Anniversary Performance and Memories Photo Exhibition set for November 29th

The remaining 3 9th gens left (Yuihan, RanRan, and Minarun) + Shimada, Nagao, and Takeuchi will be returning for this.

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12546218906.html

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. yukizukky

yukizukky Kenkyuusei

this is true, which makes me pretty surprised to realise that sakura has so many fans to beat all the other famous kpop stars (ie irene, nayeon, tzuyu, jennie etc) and be just behind lisa (who is literally the most popular)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 4
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Now it's official: AKB is dead.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    This decision are due to the renewal plan around JR Akihabara station so it's not their own decision..

currently they're deciding for a new place for the store

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    https://ameblo.jp/akb48cafe/entry-12546588518.html

The bolded seems to contradict. The first reads like a farewell, then they add on at the last minute that they are considering new locations. Somehow I doubt that.

I'm a believer now. Something is amiss in AKB land.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

No SSK this year, no Janken, no mention of Request Hour yet, tv and radio shows gone, now the café. It's like every relic of the Akimoto/Togasaki age of AKB is going away.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I guess the cafe was no longer. . . sustainable.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  10. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Can't be helped then and it doesn't only affect the AKB cafe, but all stores in the JR building.
    It was always such an iconic location, I loved to hang around there (although I was always too timid to actually enter it). :^^;:
    Hopefully the new location will also be in Akihabara.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Well, the station (and many others around Tokyo area) is under development. The other side of the Akihabara station just finished the construction of a new hotel and office tower. Some shops are closed or move to somewhere nearby. Perfectly logical for the side of the cafe's turn now.

Edit: I do suggest to talk about this in general thread rather than a new one tho.

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

And the likelihood of a new café opening are...?

13. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Wow even Miyu come all along from Korea? Great!

14. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Well, I'm glad I visited the cafe a few weeks ago. I didn't buy anything though, the merch they had wasn't all that exciting.

15. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

Cafe wasn't all that interesting TBH, food is mediocre, but my expectations were probably different from most people.

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Best part for me was the hallway to the bathrooms with all the pictures hung on the walls. I never made it to the theater, so this was the next best thing.

17. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    The really, really sad thing is that with the cafe gone the cafe event's also gone...

It's likely not possible to find new place, construction, etc., in a few month, so I don't really expect a new location until at least well into next year.

That said, I visited AKB48 Cafe & Shop Namba in summer of 2016, half a year later it closed. I visited SKE48 Cafe & Shop with AKB48 in Spring 2018, and half a year later it closed. I first visited AKB48 Cafe & Shop Akihabara, and now half a year later it will be closing. I should stop visiting these shops...

You know that you can access theatre without ticket, right?

• Like Like x 3
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Not when the theater was closed because of a concert in Yokohama. They blocked the escalator.

19. David B

David B Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I didn't know you could get into the theatre without a ticket, how do you go about it? Planning on being back in Tokyo in 2021 so this would definitely go on my list!

I was in the shop in August and have to say the stock wasn't as good as it used to be, couldn't even see any concert dvd's for sale :(

The old store in Don Quixote (I think it used to be on the the 4th floor?) used to have a great selection of merchandise (I filled a lot of gaps in my collection back in 2014) :)

I don't think they've announced the AKB Kouhaku yet either (unless I've missed it)? If that goes then I'll really start to wonder if this is the end :(

If only Akimoto and Togasaki would come back to rescue the franchise (it takes some amount of incompetence to take control of something running so well, after they'd both left, and run it into the ground so badly!!!!:asdfgh:).

(Mod note: please use the multi-quote feature, do not triple post.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2019
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    For me there were two iconic places in Tokyo which I always visited as soon as possible after arriving in the city, and which I'd wave a sad goodbye to before I left - the Shibuya Crossing and the AKB48 Cafe & Shop! Well yes, Akihabara will still be a centre of idol culture and of course the AKB48 Theater is still there but for me the place will have a big part of it missing when the AKB48 Cafe & Shop goes. I have to admit that I never ate at the Cafe, I suppose maybe I thought I'd look to staff too much like a lost tourist rather than a AKB wota lol. However it was always fun to go into the Shop to browse through the merch and to watch the members' promo videos for the Cafe on the TV screen there. I'd always find something good to buy but I wish they'd had a bigger range of DVDs which were otherwise only available through the online Shop site, often there were none at all.

I twice visited the Theater on Sundays when there are usually two shows and both times I went there at about 5pm after the first had finished and before the audience started arriving for the second. I was able to take my time looking at the photos and then walking around the lobby and looking at the famous entrance doors to the Theater itself. I think you can go anytime the Theater is open for a show but I'm not sure if they restrict access for non-ticket holders while the audience is lining up, and of course the lobby is occupied by unsuccessful cancel machi people while shows are in progress.

• Like Like x 2