1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Unless there is a special show like shonichi or seitansai, we can enter the theater without a ticket. They will block the escalator until the show begins, then they will let those without tickets in (many people will be waiting on 7th floor for that). Aside of those photos in the hallway, we can watch the theater performance on the big screen just outside of the main theater room. The plus thing is we can line up to buy the photos of that day's show before those with tickets get back to the lobby.

2. PRB Posh

PRB Posh Kenkyuusei

I feel sorry for the staff at the AKB48 Cafe & Shop. I don’t know what the staff turnover is like but it is never nice to know people are losing their jobs.

I have also never ate in the Cafe during my previous visits (Guess the reason is that I’ve been too shy to enter) but I really will have to try and go in at least once to show support.

3. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    So sad to see the cafe go. I've been there last year when I went to Japan. Food was pretty mediocre but I was able to buy some stuffs on the shop.

4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    That's unfortunate....

You have to check the theater schedule if there are a show on that day, and when is the show.

Usually, theatre will be open 2 hours before the show, and you can enter until 45 minutes before the show where they will only allow people who won the tickets to enter (but if you are already there you can stay, just go really out of the way of entrance lottery, like to the bathroom section). Unless it is a really, really, really popular stage, where they won't allow you in at all at any time except if you won the ticket or is on a waiting list (the last time in several year this happen was the Sasshi last AKB48 stage --- it does not happen with Juri and Mako graduation AFAIK). They also allow you in after the stage began to watch the screen in the lobby for free, however, at the begging of the period usually there are lines which forms at the emergency stair of the 7th floor. You can go in until the theatre close for the day. If there are 2 stages, it's 2 hours to 45 mins before the first stage, then after the first stage begin until 45 mins before the second stage, then after the second stage begin until the theatre closes.

You can also buy goods and group pictures of stage in last 7 days, both before the stage until 45 mins, and after the stage.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Sometimes they'll have it open even when there isn't a show, you just need to check the blog for dates and times.

6. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I've been trying to get up there just to check out the theater. Turns out I've just been going way too early in the day every time I've gone. I guess I know for next time.

7. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I don't think there will be a Request Hour next year. No single release, no voting ballot in time for the event. Is this the end of AKB48? Or are they too busy with expanding to other countries?

8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    This is slightly off topic, but can you try visit NGT48 theater? Thanks

Maybe they're planning something new? It's never too late for a world tour y'know

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think they're simply changing to a different business model. Whether it's as a result of the NGT48 scandal or it's just because of 'things generally' I don't know. IMO Janken was on its way out anyway and I'm not surprised if RH goes because if they can sell out TDC with solo performers then why have a few hundred members there? What has surprised me is there being no SSK as surely that brought in plenty of revenue? Maybe though it was losing money and the NGT48 issues gave a good opportunity to end it. On a positive note the Singing Contests seem to have been a success and I'm sure there'll be another one next year

The 8-member appearance at Manga Barcelona a couple of weeks ago came as a complete surprise, I think even to Spanish fans let alone to the rest of us in Europe! Maybe management is thinking more about promoting the group outside of Asia? I certainly hope so!

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

nah, not a chance of that, I'd bet they cancelled the SSK because the media spotlight would have been way way worse if AKS had been busily making loads of money while throwing Maho and friends under the bus. They were probably afraid of an even worse scandal coming out under the media pressure.

I'd bet that mobile subscriptions have taken a hit since the announcement of the SSK cancellation too.

11. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    That and there wasn't really any interesting Competition they could push anymore.
    Sakura is in Korea, Jurina is sick, so who would they try to push for a battle for #1?
    Suda Akari vs. Muto Tomu? :cool:

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I know you said from the top of your head, but I want to add that they also lost their main radio show that they had for years and years, ANN. They lost another long-time radio program (forgot the name of it) as well. I think it matters even if now they still have radio shows for some members like Yukirin, Miion but they're not as big as having radio shows for the group...

For variety shows there is also AKB48 Show! that ended this year.

There's also the fact that this year they only released 2 singles, which is probably the least singles they've had in a year since their debut (counting from 2006, because that's when their first release happened).

We can also assume that events like Janken and Request Hour are cancelled, at least for this year, or else we would have info already...

At least one good news this year is that they're still invited to Kouhaku. But honestly the amount of events/shows etc. that were cancelled and the lack of activities compared to previous years is really sad. I wonder what's in their plans (if they have plans...). I guess we'll see in 2020 if things will get better...

• Like Like x 3
  13. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

i don't think saying some events "have been outside of AKB48's control" totally accurate. the way i see it aks (and king records) simply stopped promoting the group and it's members in an effective way, they rely on handshakes too much. i mean we're having a seventh resale of Sustainable!!
    i know that wotas are the core of the 48G but stopping at wotas means losing a bigger slice of fans who may not want to spend all their money for 10 cds but they would rather go to a concert or another music event. after all you don't sell out SSA with handshakes.
    imo, a break was necessary, not only bc of Niigata but to give people a pause from akb. i just hope next year will be different and they actually do something new or different, like an album and a bigger tour, a new show, after all it's akb 15th anniversary. it should be celebrated in a proper way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I still think we're going to see the return of SSK eventually. It's too much of a money maker to be gone for good. I guess this year with Jurina in bad health, Sakura in Korea, Ogiyuka having a scandal the realistic contenders for top spot were Dasu and Naachan (and Yukirin if they managed to convince her to run again), I guess Naachan winning would still be fine with management but I don't think they'd want Dasu as the face of AKB. So it's better to wait a year or two for Jurina and Sakura to hopefully be back, young stars like Yuiyui rising to the level to actually be contenders for top spots, etc.

Also I think we're going to see an announcement for the next single soon. HS events for Sustainable are ending soon, and currently many top members are busy with the Hakata play, there's also more team concerts in December etc. but I think we'll see the announcement in December at the latest, for a January release. If they changed the dates a bit from previous years, that means they could also still do Request Hour. But we'll have to wait and see if they do it or not...

15. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

If they want to do an SSK + Janken tournament, it's gonna have to be early on in the year to avoid conflicting with the Olympics.

16. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    With all their big media disappearing maybe it's good time for them to utilize internet based media? I mean making variety of video on Youtube must be cost less than making it on TV right? Especially considering it'll be easier for international fans to access it. Once the produce scandal has cleared up I really hope they'll do another produce 48, I mean like it or not it really bring huge exposure to AKB (in my circle at least lol). Oh and is it possible for them to put up the stage/concert DVD on netflix (and not region block it)? I mean big artist like Beyonce/Taylor swift put up their concert there so the idea seems to make sense for me

• Like Like x 2
  17. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Do you mean singles? Or gravure photoshoots?

18. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

In Korea, Produce series are basically dead (at least for 1-2 years). Produce48 is part of Produce series which is trademark of CJ E&M. If AKS want to have Produce48 in Japan, they must negotiate with CJ E&M but given that even Produce101 Japan is trying to distance themselves with CJ E&M, I don't think that any company is dare enough to negotiate with CJ E&M to have another Produce series in Japan.

19. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I don't think having produce48 in Japan is good enough since the market are already filled with enough 48/46 & friends, sigh what a shame that Produce has to go this route. Well let's see what route will the 48 takes.

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Gravure photoshoots have seen a bit of a resurgence from NMB, primarily Suuchan. NMB singles unfortunately haven't reintroduced bikini photos as bonuses. NMB monthly theater photo sets have been pretty boring for about 2 years now.