1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I wouldn't call Maho push 'a little'. She centered this year Seijinshiki. She replaced Moeka in Shucchou Kaigi (okay, I admit no one really care about that show anyway). She's in IxR. She's in both Omoide My Friend and Ai Suru Hito. She's in 2nd Tour Senbatsu (Fukuoka, Aichi, Chiba) for AKB48 Tour in 2019. She's also in Monica, Yoake da which seems to be 2 fresh members from each group.

I think the only thing that prevent an all-out push is her age.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Oh interesting, I don't follow AKB too closely enough so I didn't know half of these things LOL but she's definitely getting a push. I think what I mean with "little" is that they're not being really obvious with it yet, but I'm sure that if things go well, she will be added to senbatsu by the end of the year or something like this.

I don't think her age will stop her, I used to think that AKB will never give a push to Rinrin because she was older compared to the other Team 8 but they end up giving her a push. Maho looks younger than her age too, I thought she was like 16 when I saw her before, I never thought she can be older than that LOL She's 20 now. I think she might get a big push tbh

• Like Like x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The girls at Tokyo Girls Colelction spring/summer 2020

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I'm becoming more and more pessimistic for the rest of the year and we are only at the start of march.
    The covid19 crisis has allready led to the cancellation of some significative events, the postponment of some HS and it's hard to say if those will be organised anytime soon. Don't forget that the olympics are about to monopolise a lot of big venues.
    The HS sheduled for the upcoming singles might be affected as well, and the april events are surounded by uncertainity.
    The theaters aren't that big of a loss, i suppose the no audience shows are somewhat compenseted through increased LOD subscribtions.

So 2020 we could expect as a renewal year for 48 groups after the disastrous 2019, looks to be allready a not so good one economically.
    4 CD releases this year is something expected, but will it be possible ?
    I fear there won't be many events/concerts again this year.

Fall from Charybdis to Scylla, poor girls, they didn't need another bad year.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    absolutely impossible for AKB48 to release 4 CDs this year. 2 weeks later 57th single will be released but we don't know when will the handshake event take place because of the coronavirus, at least this March every big/crowded events will be cancelled or postponed by the government. So the brightest scenario is the girls can be back on April and have about 4 months before the Olympics started and release a summer CDs and the 3rd would be on October/November. I don't think they will hold a SSK this year too, and the biggest event this year maybe Miichan graduation concert at Yokohama Arena this April.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I really can't see how the three HS events scheduled for later this month can go ahead, hopefully by then the Covid19 situation in Japan will have improved but even so surely it's too soon for mass indoor gatherings with people in lines. I'm guessing that management will certainly want to keep the 'million streak' going for singles but presumably that's in danger if they cancel these three events before release day and give refunds to buyers (although two of them are Fukuoka, well away from the Olympics, so they probably could be rescheduled for later). As there's no sign yet of the MV I'm wondering if management is seriously considering a postponement of the release date for the single?

7. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    In a video just released on the Japanese Pokemon Kids TV YT channel, Pikachu, Kurin and three young members of the Pikachu Club visit the AKB48 Theater for an idol makeover with Shinobu:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Todays live stream:

They are still streaming live:

11. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    [​IMG]
    Someone off camera points out the spelling error .... hilarity ensues!
    well, no one can really blame them for it to be honest, if you only just listen to how many people pronounce it ... ;)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  12. Eroknight

Eroknight Kenkyuusei

I feel join "produce48" was the biggest mistake akimoto ever make..
    He thought it will gain popularity for 48 group but its go another way
    iz*one become more famous with "akb" face sakura while akb become stagnant or maybe little bit downhill because their ace, sakura go to korea along with nako and jurina anounce graduation, no wonder 2019 there's no ssk and i place my bet, next year while sakura, nako and hitomi contract with iz*one expired, they will anouncing graduation because who need akb while you already famous and achieving many thing just in 2 years career on the korea!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

^ What makes you think that akimoto had anything substantial to do with the decision to participate in produce48?

Also the NGT scandal had a lot more to do with AKB's decline than produce48

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Why do you think that 48 group popularity is not growing after Produce48?
    Can you see how Shitao Miu rise, then Chiba Erii, Asai Nanami,.. they gained lots of Korean and International fans which really push their popularity to another level, especially Miu. And NO WAY MAN MV has the highest view in the last three years.
    And for the mass graduation last year, the NGT case really ruined image of 48group so if members want to go, that's really normal, and a large number of members graduate last year were 18/19 years old, which means they are graduating from school and it's time they decided what they want to do in the future. Everybody have to move on especially when you are a Theater girl.
    Comeback to Produce48 situation. I think members coming two Produce48 can be divided into 2 groups: The one want to gain popularity to have a higher position in the group, and the one want to find a new path or chellenge themselves. For new gen I think they are type 1, cause they have just started their career and I think some of them succeed: Miu, Erii, Naamin, Satomina, Noepii,... And for older gen who has been in the group for more than 4 years they could be sort in type 2: Mako, Miyu, Moe or maybe even our Juri come to find another path after graduation so not because of coming to PD48 that they made up their mind.
    Then for the graduation of ACEs. If there isn't PD48, Sashi still graduated, and I think it's same to Jurina. Jurina is stressed because of the pressure everybody put on her for years especial after the SSK winning. She didn't even paticipated full 1st round of PD48.
    Anout the girls in IZ*ONE, Hitomi has never been a senbatsu girl, never been chosen for anysong outside team 8 senbatsu, before the PD48, I don't think you will know who is she or if she graduated there would be any effect to the group. For Sakura and Nako yes I agree at this point that she lost an ACE and an upcoming ACE of HKT48. But Miku is doing quite well now, Hana and Unjo handshake sales is outstanding compare to other 48group members so if Nako announce graduation, her position will be fill soon, don't worry.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think the reason AKB is not as popular as before is because of Produce48 though. I think the problems that 48G had in 2019 had a worse impact on the group... also they have so little releases now, and lost most of their programs, popularity doesn't rise by itself without exposure... and they also lost the most relevant 48G member last year (Sasshi). I think it was expected that they would decrease in popularity. and right now there is no new gen who catch the public's attention, maybe there will be one soon. Let's not forget this is a group that is active for 15 years now... They're doing fine for a group that has been around for so long. it's good enough that they still get invited to big programs, they're still in Kouhaku and in Music Station. of course it could be better, but really I think management should try to give them more releases and more programs... it looks like instead of Tv programs, they have moved to Youtube content. Now for singles I wish they can release more than last year at least. but it's complicated right now with handshake events being cancelled etc. but let's see in the future.

I think one of the issues for AKB now is the lack of individual recognition and popularity for members, maybe it will get better once more girls open their Youtube channels, maybe some members will find success with Youtube and get bigger fandoms. idk what's the solution but management should try to find a way to introduce the different girls in the group with content that is fun, like back when AKBINGO! started, it really helped the girls back then, it helped the fans to learn about members better... So they need something new and fresh to introduce different members and make them shine. Something else than theater or Showroom, because these are difficult to watch all the time if you're not already invested in following a member.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    tbh honest, my interest in AKB48 will wane pretty quickly if Sakura is the one that is going to have to save AKB.
    She's pretty enough, and for sure she's a nice girl .... but it stops right there for me, there is nothing interesting about her, she's Mayuyu 2.0, but at least Mayuyu was sort of interesting in a way imho, and I personally got the same vibe with Moeka.
    Yeah, pretty, nice ... but not much else, AKB used to have a much better blend of 'idols', not just the *perfect idol* types.
    And, that's where shows like AKBingo came in, they offered an opportunity to those other members.

of course, this is just my personal opinion, I understand girls like Sakura, Moeka and Tomochin, to name just a few, have/had huge followings but I never really understood why, they seem pretty one dimensional to me.
    (I do know they were always pushed into the limelight)

ow, btw ... you don't invest so much in building up the popularity of a member ... and then ship her off to Produce48 unless really the only thing your interested in is the shitload of money it will bring in.
    Which kinda sums up the current management I guess, in it for the money, not for the group ... not that that should surprise anyone.

17. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

akb should be saved by akb members not sister group members. isnt like akb is devoid of popular girls or girls who are willing to work hard for akb. actually right now is the perfect time to promote a bunch of girls has the new faces of the group but management always choose the wrong girls, and by mngm i mean yoshinari and co. all the girls they choose either failed or graduated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Eroknight

Eroknight Kenkyuusei

The problem is, the member you say about, they gain popularity because people see them as one who participate on produce48 not as akb or 48 group
    After produce48 i dont see anything special to all this girls, management still push another girl, meaning even they got korean fans or international fans they still not popular enough to raise akb or 48group name

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

Produce 48 was the absolute best thing to happen to AKB in the past 3-4 years. Nothing in AKB has attracted new fans quite like Produce did. Where they failed hard was in retaining all the new fans afterward. So I can see what Eroknight is saying.

Frankly almost all of the PD48 girl failed at retaining fans within AKBG. Management moved much much too slowly with disregard for the future! The next gen girls didn't ride the popularity wave. Almost all of the PD48 girls in NWM single senbatsu were on their way out. The only ones left now from that senbatsu are Myao and Miu. Myao has rapidly faded out of the spotlight since PD48 in favor of new gens. Miu had potential but then they've dropped her since Sustainable. What did they do with the the next gen members Erii, Naami and Minami?? The ignored them completely in Jiwaru Days. They centered Naami and included Erii in the Sustainable b-side but momentum was already dead. Anyway they had put all their eggs on Moeka. Now they put all these girls in Tintlip to promote to female fans.... talk about too little too late.

I think there is only one member who fully capitalized on Produce 48 and that's Sae. She released her ANDGEEBEE brand at the peak, which was perfect (perhaps lucky) timing, to capture the large audience. Fortunately, the peak of Queentet activities occurred just afterward in early 2019, where she had support from some of the most popular members. And then it's lead her to her own regular TV show, where she flexes her brand often. A few months back the show even expanded broadcasts across more stations. And now she's releasing a photobook with location shoots in Korea, and her brand is used in the AKB MV.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Aside from the voting scandal that I don't think it's reasonable to expect AKS to have foreseen that, P48 could really only be seen as a positive on paper. I think the biggest negatives are from the traveling and sometimes conflicting schedules in order to participate in the show, Juri pushing back B's stage, and losing an ace for a few years-- but with all that advertising and marketing push in Korea and in Japan, and giving many girls opportunities on the show they wouldn't normally have (and always in tandem in flashing on screen which 48g the girl was part of), it just looked like a net positive, and I think it was.

But I also agree that I don't think AKS jumped on the popularity that was being generated fast or hard enough. But then also agree nothing about P48 is the reason the group had a difficult time last year.