1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    No, really, AKB are still as relevant and good as ever! . . .We will now perform an 8 year old song and a 13 year old song.

:fp:

But again - at least it's not bloody Koisuru Fortune Cookie.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I mean, we're talking about Music Station though... The fact that AKB gets to appear there when they didn't have any new song, it's already a great thing for the group. But to think that Music Station would make them perform 2 of their most unknown songs is just not realistic... if anything at least it's not Heavy Rotation, Flying Get, KFC or 365 (as much as I love 365), I think Aitakatta and Everyday Kachuusha are nice choices and a little different than the same usual. There is absolutely no way they will invite AKB out of nowhere to make them perform Shitsuren Arigatou or Jabaja... Some songs that are a little more possible are Kimi wa Melody, Kibouteki Refrain, Green Flash and this kind of songs... But sadly, even for that it's unlikely.

Now that I think about it, some of AKB's b-sides like Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara, Shoujotachi yo, First Rabbit, are considered popular with the public. I wish they could be performed ;_;

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm gonna go with some other demographic, because the two you mentioned normally behave quite the opposite.

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    5th Imechen48 video

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I understand all this. But at the same time... does MS really care what AKB does for five minutes on their show? Their name alone should be enough to attract anyone who might be interested in AKB in the first place. It's not as if Hinatazaka are performing some everybody knows it! anthem... cause they have none. So the fact that AKB keeps performing these old/gold songs does nothing but encourage the narrative that they're over and they're basically a legacy/cover group. The least they could do is try to push a newer song in, even if it's in between the nth version of Ponytail and KFC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes I think Music Station definitely cares... it's not a fan-oriented show but a public-oriented show, it's the most popular music show. Outside of promotions, there is no way they'll make AKB perform less known songs... and this time AKB is not here for promotions. Even when AKB was at their peak, they wouldn't just perform any song in Music Station. Even a group like Arashi will perform their popular songs in Music Station when invited outside of promotions. I mean we definitely can't expect them to perform songs of the level of Shitsuren Arigatou or Jabaja. it's not that this encourages or not the image of AKB being over, it's that there is no artist who will be specially invited to a show just to perform unknown songs, it's not realistic, popular artist or not... AKB is lucky that at least they have a lot of hits and not just one. But yes I agree that we could get some variation because they do have other popular songs...

However like I said, at least it's not Heavy Rotation/Flying Get/KFC/365. and at this point I'm happy for the fact that AKB got invited to Music Station outside of promotions, it's a good news!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    can't wait for akb to replicate that one iconic kinki kids performance from a few years ago. the one where they were so sick of performing nothing but garasu no shounen for the nth time, so they just trolled the hell out of the performance, pulling stunts like actually rolling down the stairs and stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I had no idea that Music Station has a Youtube channel now, apparently they started the channel a bit less than 1 year ago. They seem to only upload the backstage talking parts. I went through the whole channel, and there was only one AKB video from the promotions of Shitsuren Arigatou, with Zukkii, Naachan, Yuiri, Yukirin and Miichan. The video doesn't have a lot of views especially compared to other uploads ._. it would be great if you guys could watch it once, maybe if we make little efforts, these big music shows will invite AKB more often!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  11. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    That's just the name of the 3 girls that won the Editor Special Award on the last 48times voting event (the one that Zun-chan and Miu won)

• Like Like x 1
  12. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

AKB48 and Maki Goto rehearsing for the TV Tokyo Festival 2020.

AKB48+Maki Goto 「Flying Get 2011」 TV TOKYO MUSIC FESTIVAL 2020
    [This video has been removed by the uploader]

AKB48+Maki Goto 「heavy rotation」 TV TOKYO MUSIC FESTIVAL 2020

AKB48「Sayonara Crawl」 TV TOKYO MUSIC FESTIVAL 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  13. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    My friend sent me a link on Twitter about that performance and asked me "what the hell year is this?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Goto Maki looks perfect as an AKB idol. What a pleasant surprise.

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The latest from the Video Warehouse

• Like Like x 2
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Music station today

• Like Like x 3
  17. JoKawaruso

JoKawaruso Kenkyuusei

Line-up Tokyo Idol Festival 2020
    Team A: Chiba Erii, Iriyama Anna, Kato Rena, Mukaichi Mion, Nishikawa Rei, Yokoyama Yui.
    Team K: Muto Tomu, Komiyama Haruka.
    Team B: Iwatate Saho, Kubo Satone, Omori Maho, Taniguchi Megu
    Team 4: Asai Nanami, Murayama Yuiri, Okada Nana, Yamauchi Mizuki.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Their setlist:
    • M00 overture (AKB48 ver.)
    • M01 Beginner
    • M02 Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru
    • M03 Kurumi to Dialogue
    • M04 Sustainable
    • M05 Oogoe Diamond
    • M06 Team AKB Oshi
    • M07 Hikoukigumo

I'm quite happily surprised with this choice of songs. They chose some of their best songs, in my opinion (Beginner, Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru, Team B Oshi, Hikukigumo) and one of their new songs. Oogoe Diamond feels like a staple song, but it's not Aitakatta, KFC or Hebirote.

This was Team 8's setlist
    • M00 overture (AKB48 ver.)
    • M01 Shishunki no Adrenaline
    • M02 Kimi no Koto ga Suki dakara
    • M03 Hachinosu Dance
    • M04 Kimi to Niji to Taiyou to
    • M05 #SukiNanda
    • M06 Kimi wa Melody
    • M07 47 no Suteki na Machi e
    • M08 Mae Shika Mukanee
    • M09 Yume e no Route

And these are the Team 8 members that performed: Sakaguchi Nagisa, Okabe Rin, Shimizu Maria, Takahashi Ayane, Yoshikawa Nanase, Oguri Yui, Oda Erina, Onishi Momoka, Hama Sayuna, Shitao Miu, Gyoten Yurina, Kuranoo Narumi. Honestly can't complain!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    After all, this time they performed for a public of idol fans instead of the general public.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yeah that's true. But they still picked songs I like a lot, and I've noticed that my taste seems to be quite different to that of Japanese wota. In comparison to STU48 for example, who performed a lot of new b-sides from their most recent single (but then again, they've got a Tokyo Idol Festival staple song in Yume Chikara).