1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I did mention it :^^;: But yeah, like @minaeshi said, they haven't done anything with the other units so they're not very memorable.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I agree that they should bring back the double centers, it worked each time in the past, but they need to find the right girls too. and if they find the right ones, not only they both need to center the a-side (or one of them centers it) but they can center units in the b-sides or even have duets/solo songs in b-sides, this is what management did back then with Sayanee/Milky and Jurina/Rena. However if management did this now, it might create problems with the fandom (I think the main issue is that AKB's releases are so rare now that if their rare release is filled with a push for 1-2 girls, fans will get angry). I thought about this last year when Moeka centered Sustainable, she wasn't in any of the b-side songs. Singles are so rare and they're trying to put as many girls in it so it's hard to give a proper push to a new ace or to a new group of girls (like Kami 7)... so the first problem to fix is having more releases.

That's my favorite Not Yet song too!!! They have other popular songs and I thought it's just me who loves Pera Pera Perao the most. I love that song so much <3

Oh, so the line-up was announced in different parts? I was wondering when I saw the line-up last time, and AKB wasn't on it... so I thought it was confirmed that they won't attend ;_; That's great news if they're in the line-up! So now we can look forward to Best Artist 2020 and FNS 2020. and I think they'll probably be on CDTV New Year as well!

This is sad, I don't know what can help AKB at this point but like I said earlier, maybe if AKB receive more popularity outside of Japan and online, then japanese people will have a better view of them and invite them to more shows/events. But for this to happen we first need management to provide with good content. if they release a new song and MV that are as good as Kimi wa Melody's MV for example, fans could do their best to make it reach 50 million views or more, this would give them a lot of free promo in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I think they are waiting till all the concerts are done (check the festival thread), before (re)starting any move.

A few days ago, TinTlip's concert was re broadcasted.

4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I remember thinking at the time that if Melisma was meant to be a serious/permanent sub-group it made no sense to include Miichan in it as at the time she had just 2 or 3 months to go as an AKB member

so I dismissed it as a one time gimmick

5. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Huh, AKB got the call for FNS afterall ! Wasn't it Fuji tv that used to broadcast the SSK studio show. It really hurt when I saw somewhere that they had dropped AKB too this year. The ones starting this ominous rumour really need to be asphyxiated.

mod edit: death threats are hardly appropriate for this forum, even hypothetically, so please tone it down a bit

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Lewd gravure? Most of that is done by graduates, AKB central has barely any gravure at all these days (actually it's another area AKS have dropped the ball, they have ceded that ground to the likes of Sawaguchi Aika)

AKB is no longer under the protection of Don Akimoto, he's firmly in the 46 court these days. I reckon part of the reason for getting shitcanned from Kouhaku is a delayed punishment for the Maho/NGT scandal, they couldn't do it last year because AKB still had 2 or 3 successful singles and it would have been too obvious if they'd been dropped last year. This year AKB only had one single so there was less reason to save them, they might have been able to skate by on the nostalgia ticket if AKS/Vernalossom's owner wasn't seen to be so toxic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I guess it's not too bad. No Kouhaku but they have Best Artist, FNS, JRA, and probably CDTV New Year Special. Maybe if they get active next year, actually release singles and actually do things right, they might get invited again. I mean they actually trended in Twitter in Japan for hours after they didn't get in Kouhaku (IZ*ONE also trended, but this year was the last time they had a chance to be invited though). I guess people still care about AKB so we'll see how 2021 goes...

• Like Like x 2
  9. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    not just nominated, it got an award for excellence

(and rightly so in my humble opinion)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Normally when we talk about JRA it's almost always the Grand Prix award though, of which it's nominated.

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's a common thing with Japanese awards, the nominees are considered to be sub-award winners and what we call the "winner" is considered the winner among winners. At least officially, I don't know if people actually care about it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That's tomorrow, 11/21, to 12/08, starting with the 6th.

"There are no plans to deliver the 1st to 5th anniversary."

14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

As there's no mention of Coming Flavor subunit of SKE48, which ZEST actually willing to give solo concert of, (which cancelled by pandemic lockdown),...

Nevermind. Sub unit were carried by respective girl fanbase anyway until other fans helped.

15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I don't follow SKE lol

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 6
  17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I know lol, we both Sakurazaka afterall. Which is why your idea of bringing different type of sub-groups while SKE only has 1 subgroup (not 2 or more) this year which had done much, yet still not reached your ear, a risky idea that set them up to be anothers one-time unit.

Otoh, I'm neutral if you proposed AKB subgroups to follow NMB subunits success footstep, even their image.
    I think I understand a little what my NMB friend said with "Akihabara Sister Group" means.

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Practice for the real thing

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 3
  20. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    btw about how much content 48G have nowadays... I had NO plans to watch anything today... and I ended up watching (some with full, most with little concentration in background)...
    • Part 2 of the esports stream because I saw Fujizono Rei was in it (60 min)
    • Shobu Marin's new YT video because she announced a premiere on Twitter (15 min)
    • Shobu Marin's instalive right after (40 min)
    • Sadano Haruka's instalive because it was on after Marin's ended (5 min)
    • Takahashi Sayaka's SR because I saw she had an announcement (40 min)
    • Takahashi Sayaka's new YT video which was the announcement (5 min)
    • Fujizono Rei's SR which didn't look interesting enough to watch but I randomly heard interesting info so I did a bit (5 min)
    • NMB single bonuses, which I had opened even before the esports stream and only at this time I got to watch them (75 min)
    • NMB show from last week because why not when I'm already at bilibili (45 min)
    • NMB fan podcast (120 min)
    that's more than 6 hours of content in one day and that's only Eito and NMB. I probably spent some 30 more minutes in total browsing their SNS. I didn't even watch any SR replays today which I usually do. AKB is so much fun to follow even in 2020!!:approve:

• Like Like x 3