[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I have to admit, this line was the best tho lmao

Yokoyama Yui is fighting for her life out there, She needs Soldiers not Platitudes. You know what Yui said to me? You know what? I Have NO Idea- No One Subs AKB48 anymore. It can't happen. We Need to Make IDOLS better!

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Another graduation...

Team members remain:
    Team A: 10+3
    Team K: 12+2
    Team B: 10+2
    Team 4: 15+3
    Team 8: 47 ( I forget, they have recruited new members to replace the graduated ones haven't them?)

Well, in my opinion, AKB48 should just promote rest of 2nd gen draftees & maybe some of 16th gen KKS (if only they're ready).

3. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

No doubt this has already been mentioned but, frankly, I think they should scrap Teams A, K, B and 4 and merge them into 'Team Akiba'. 'AKB48' then becomes what it actually is, the blanket name for 48G. That way there's a pool of members to draw from for theater performances which could be themed along the lines of the Takakmina special stages (or something like that). KKS could carry on training until they're ready and not rushed into frontline duties.

Just a thought...

4. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

they should make kennins out of team 8 members. more exposure to them, less "unwanted sister group members". boom! all problems solved))

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Team 8 is practically a sister group disguised as a team. They have their own events and concerts, have their own TV shows(!). And their kennin attendance record is like a top level senbatsu member.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  6. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    What to do:
    • Debut additional 16th gen KKS. And at least 1 of them becomes a Neru.
    • New original stage for Teams K, B and 4.
    • Shuffle Teams A, K and B, move current Team 4 members to teams A, K and B, and promote all 16th gen KKS as new Team 4 with Inagaki and Yamane captaincy.
    • Announce 17th gen auditions.

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    • Yeah maybe superkenkyusei needed but heavily pushing a member who is still KKS isn't AKB48's way though it's practiced by some sister groups. Maybe she'll be promoted soon
    • They f*cking need really new stages since years ago!
    • In my point of view, AKB48 don't need shuffle until Yuihan's graduation when her successor will be transferred to Team A but let's see.
    • Too early? Maybe no, they can announced it as soon as September.

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's true and I've always thought this.
    General manager is just a title made to recognise Takamina's efforts.
    And Yui was pretty much given it because she said she wanted it.
    It's pretty meaningless now.

9. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Who?

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Failing to pick Yahagi Moeka was another nail in the coffin. I think AKB should hold an audition of girls who have already been in idol groups before (but not anymore). We would be glad to have Otosaki Serina.

11. Rurouni

Personally, right now the 12th gen - 15th gen are experienced enough. Tbh, I don't really worried about the older gen graduating.
    Also who is Yahagi Moeka exactly? No, I know who she is, but is she another baby jesus?

Anyway, I don't want them to add 17th gen. The reason most of the younger member graduating is because they felt they aren't going anywhere or something along that line. Adding more members will only make it much worse. Make it smaller so at least the non senbatsu members can be kept busy by doing a lot of theater performances.

12. Rurouni

Experienced, mostly in facing the media. I believe this is the biggest thing lacking in the younger gen since they haven't been dealing a lot with the media, especially TV. When it is time to talk to the media, it is usually Sasshi, Mayuyu, Yukirin, Yui, etc. Basically I think the newer gen talking skill is weaker than the older gen. They aren't inherently worse, it just that not many opportunity in current AKB to hone their talking skill in front of the media. So with much smaller opportunity to appear on TV (vs old AKB), when they chance do appear, it is the older gen member that do most of the talking.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, even Annin missed her chance on certain high rating talk show. I'm giving Naachan and the rest of Thailand team a high credit for their PR, though.

14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    This is more than enough reason for them to start focusing on pushing new gen more than ever. Let's be honest, other than MaYuki, and maybe Miichan, none of the other girls make a huge impact to AKB currently. They should have started pushing the newbies from BwT but instead they kept putting sister group members into the mix lol. As a sister group fan, I want nothing more but for AKB to stand on their own feat. I want to see members of the general public say they know a face that isn't the original kami 7 members. At this point there is no reason for them to not be pushing the younger gens to general public relevance.

15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I Love AKB! but actually for me doesn't matter if all sembatsu would be not original AKB members, even from Keyaki, Nogizaka =) I love old members from 1 and 2 gen, not a young gen. So... AKB brand keep on the TOP forever - This is main! The rest is small stuff.

16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Knowing them, the oldies will pull a Morning Musume and make a new group called AKB OG, and Aki-p will give that group kami level songs lol

17. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Happy 1000 pages AKB48 Thread. With all of the talk of shuffles, I don't want any. Early AKB was successful because they were a team for so long. They made an image. Current AKB's teams are only used as placeholders. I cringe everytime I watch "Pajama Drive" and I see the team montage of Team B. You sure as heck know that in certain days, half of Team B isn't even in the Theater. Team B just doesn't have enough members to have an image. However, shuffling the Team won't fix this. It'll just make it worse. The only thing AKB can do is promote its Kenkyuuseis. That way, more new members can be used to create a team image for all of the teams that AKB needs.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Like MM OG got much apart from a tour lol

Anyway, AKB has the money and resources of making new stages, no matter how little profitable they are.

I doubt these Majisuka/Cabasuka/Tofu dramas are giving them any money.
    Or the horror/love series.

Sure, it gives the girls new things to try, but... ugg.

New stages are necessary because if not, AKB is going to turn into a self-covering/parody group of itself.

A while ago I watched their first concert for the sake of nostalgia and I couldn't believe how old some of the songs were.
    They basically churned out their biggest hits in the first year lol

19. Rurouni

They will release a costume picture book, I believe on sale from March 25th -> http://akb48.tkj.jp/
    It will have 42 48G members participating in it, posing with various AKB48 costume.
    AKB48 costume picture book.jpg

Full list
    AKB48 (10)
    *Mukaichi Mion
    *Okada Nana
    *Kato Rena
    Fukuoka Seina
    Taniguchi Megu
    Tano Yuuka
    Mogi Shinobu
    Nomura Nao
    Maeda Ayaka
    Kubo Satone

Team 8 (7)
    *Oguri Yui
    *Sato Nanami
    Tanikawa Hijiri
    Kuranoo Narumi
    Okabe Rin
    Cho Kurena
    Shitao Miu

SKE48 (5)
    *Goto Rara
    *Kitagawa Ryoha
    Furuhata Nao
    Obata Yuna
    Inoue Ruka

NMB48 (8)
    *Ota Yuuri
    *Suto Ririka
    Ichikawa Miori
    Murase Sae
    Koga Narumi
    Kushiro Rina
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Hongo Yuzuha

HKT48 (7)
    *Miyawaki Sakura
    *Matsuoka Hana
    Murakawa Bibian
    Kojina Yui
    Yabuki Nako
    Tanaka Miku
    Tsukiashi Amane

NGT48 (5)
    *Takakura Moeka
    *Nakai Rika
    Tano Ayaka
    Homma Hinata
    Oguma Tsugumi

* means featured in the home page (pictured above)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  20. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

^no katomina, she really is over.

Yahagi is a goddess that can potentially save AKB but I don't think it's that AKB doesn't want her. It's probably the non-compete clauses in her former contracts that is stopping AKB.

Receipts? I find it hard to imagine that this group is making much money.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017