1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Jan, Keaw, KaiMook, Jan, Pun & Orn from last night.

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    @Red13th Lol. Omg! That was so cute! Thank you for sharing! I might add Kaimook to my Oshimen. Lol. [hehe]

3. welp

welp Next Girls

Some serious managerial issues it sounds.
    Maybe, the agency even hasn't get training facilities prepared that it has to postpone audition.

I shared a subtitled video in fish tank thread.

4. orionsing

orionsing Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    BNK48 Senbatsu Cute Pose in 1 min

5. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Very cute indeed! It's too bad Manager-san wasn't added. Lol. I'm sure he would have brought the comedy. [hehe][hehe][hehe]

6. welp

welp Next Girls

4th song announced, it's fortune cookie. to be first performed at Fandom Party Concert on Aug 30 by 16 members. (They will perform 4 songs in the concert, 3 songs by 6 members, the fortune cookie by 6+10 members.)

Oogoe Diamond @ Toyotsu event. The blocking is special.

7. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

A fan asked on KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) Facebook page if Pupe would be the center of KFC (Koisuru Fortune Cookie) and KFC's admin replied.
    [​IMG]
    "You gotta wait and see."

Some fans guessed Kate would be the center because it was Kate Fan Club song.

9. welp

welp Next Girls

10. forzzilla*

forzzilla* Kenkyuusei

Charity Auction Photo+Sign
    Cherprang 77,000 Baht (≈ 2300 $) :blink::blink::blink:
    Miori 25,500 Baht
    Pun 28,500 Baht
    Kidcat 13,500 Baht
    Jennis 30,500 Baht
    Noey 25,000 Baht
    Music 30,000 Baht
    Namsai 16,000 Baht

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/1029324

11. welp

welp Next Girls

Apparently, the acting coach of the group, Bell, had an issue with the board and has quit.
    An account on twitter said he met Job at the roadshow and Job told him the MV had filmed but was rejected by AKS.
    The venue for handshake has not yet revealed.

12. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Bell isn't quit
    It just fan delusion.

13. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Just a rumors.

14. welp

welp Next Girls

Bell posted on IG that she would forever be a teacher of BNK and all girls could always call her for advice so, it was speculated Bell had quit. Also, there was a coincident. Bell and some members went to the beach on last weekend and, on Monday, Marc, aka Katsuta, posted he was not pleased with beach party.
    It's good if she hasn't quit. Looks like members love her. Besides, Bell knows many BTS entertainment staffers and a close friend of Ngo (ครูเงาะ), a famous acting coach coaching many famous actors. If the agency plays it right, her circle of friends can contribute some benefit to the group.

BNK48 is a 2-month-old rookie yet, their first CD already sold for 13,500 copies when rarely anyone can sell more than 4 digits (x,xxx) of copies. Also, the photo of a member was sold for more than 70,000 bahts. These spark the hope that Thai girl group market will be revived.

Job-san: The demand has always been out there but, it was no supply. No one catered what the market wanted.

The popularity of the group has a lot to do with the popularity of its elder sister group, AKB48. The group's will get rivals such as, Sweat16!, a Thai-Japanese collab project, and a Korean funded group by Show DC, which has just auditioned.

Mr. Japanese culture columnist: J-pop market in Thailand is not well-established. The group has as many as 30 members thus huge cost. Will the agency be able to foster these many girls for long?

Job-san: I have talked with rep of Japanese agency. To they, the group is doing not bad yet, many things are not satiable. We have many things need to be improved.

The big number of members are advantageous as it means more choices for fans to pick also, it will be more girls and fans will later can vote. On the other hand, the bigger the number, the higher the budget. It will be very challenging for the group to last long.

Also, another Japanese culture columnist predicted the group wouldn't be able to celebrate its 3rd anniversary.
    There were many signs of poor management such as, delayed debut, delayed theatre opening, yet-to-be-announced handshake venue, failed roadshow, absence of MV etc.
    13,500 copies was a big number but, it must be not big enough to feed all members and staff and, the group had no other substantial source of income due to delayed theatre plan.
    Besides, theatre would demand high budget to run and it could become another big financial burden. Unlike the Japanese, the Thai usually only went to free concert thus, it would be harder to fill the theatre.
    The group could not perform in places like night club or pub. This was a grave constraint income wise.
    The public was not familiar with J-pop and AKB was utterly J-pop. The style might not be pleasing to the public.
    To fans, the skill lacking of the member was permissible, "The charm of 48 is that we can see the progress from lame to decent." but, the public wouldn't have the patience to see the progress. If they saw the concert and it was bad, they would be just disinterested in the group.
    He thought many members seemed to have potential but they wouldn't be able to save the horrible management.

Ohm, a fan of the group and a member of a famous pop-rock band, viewed the group's future positively though. He commented that, in current state of music market, rarely any group could become a national hit but, there were profitable niche markets for different styles of artists. He believed idol market could be a profitable niche market.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I really wish they don't give up so easily on these girls. I really don't want them to disappear. :( I wish Thai people were more open to this concept. All they see is wasted money, not the talent these girls are trying to share. Watching them grow and progress is the charm of AKB which is what go me interested in them in the first place. Plain, regular, ordinary girls journey through their hardships to become beautiful swans.

I'm happy that KFC is their next song, though. I hope this means a rotating Senbatsu for the time being. :)

16. welp

welp Next Girls

The agency won't wanna give up easily. This project is a big investment. This is business anyway, without profit, it can't last.
    The 'market' has no obligation to specially nurture this group when there are already many wasted magnificent talents. Music of Sweat16! was the winner of a talent show from some years ago and would never debut if the group were not formed, another member was a member of a disbanded group. Every groups have their own background stories.

Mr. Jirat implied there would be new line-up of sen for KFC promotion but, in the first performance at the concert late this month, the old line-up would perform.

I came here to rant about all Japanese activities of the group. This group won't make it in Japan. Why on earth the Japanese will ever want a non-Japanese-speaking AKB48 knock-off? For oversea expansion, the agency better try to invade Singapore.

Now, many BNK48's fans are intimidated by Sweat16!. The management on that side seems to be far more professional, their MV is ready to be published.. Also, Boyd Kosiyapong is a music icon.

17. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
  18. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

19. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Congratulation for Mobile, Pupe, CinCin & Mind for winning an audition to go to Fukuoka next month. They're the best last night.

I didn't cut Mind's part since I think she's got the last spot because of her smile(It's her charm point). and the other contender like Jib & Piam done poor for this audition.

20. catseal48

catseal48 Kenkyuusei