1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  2. firsties

firsties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Yeah, it's just a sucky show honestly. On EP.9 there was a really small caption that suddenly appeared and then dissapeared, and as someone who edits that really baffled me; Like, how did they get past Quality Control?!

3. catseal48

catseal48 Kenkyuusei

4. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I hope the BNK48 show make a episode showing more the Thailand's culture.

5. welp

welp Next Girls

The bigger problem is how the board does not aware the show need a revolution even if its rating stays >0.1 and has gained no ad. In my opinion, RAM should outsource this show. I think I follow S16 more and more just because I'm tired of BNK48's agency.

In the long run, S16 will outperform BNK48 simply for the benefit of number. S16 can earn 1/2 of BNK48 and profitable because it has just 13 members meanwhile, BNK48 now has 29 members and will grow to 40+ members by next year and 60+ members in the following year.

How much must the group earn to be profitable? The salary for 60+ members alone must be over 10m THB yearly and there are theatre and BNK48 show too.

MNL48 also is worrying, its agency is completely inexperienced too.

6. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

You mentioned S16 in every posts. If you don't want to support BNK anymore, you can move on. :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. welp

welp Next Girls

Hmmph. Marketing wise, it's extremely interesting to see if 2 brands of similar products will turn out differently and why. It is needed comparison to measure B48. There is a saying in philosophy that you can't tell what is right when you never seen what is wrong, you can only tell if something is short when it is shorter than another object. Also, it is needed rival for the improvement of B48 and the growth of overall girl group market. In my opinion, Thailand should have 4 - 5 active relevant girl groups for healthy competition. I must have mentioned Sound Cream more too if its comeback were not that underwhelming and got cold response. Besides, it makes perfect sense that 48 group fan will be interested in S16 as it shares the agency and trainers with NMB48.

A snippet from S16's debut event.
    https://twitter.com/ShanMiaosan/status/914452007808770054

And, dafuck, it has been announced NMB48 members will attend S16's first high touch event on Sept 8. While B48 got inferior treatment, S16 does get superior treatment from Yoshimoto.

Funny trivia, few days ago, on Voov Live, Cherprang said she liked number 5 and 2 and, today, the lotto reward was announced and a number was 52.

8. welp

welp Next Girls

9. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

Today hot issue is The Mall Bangkapi.
    Ae posted a pic
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSicAiUEAE88bR.jpg
    and, judging from the tile and the bench, detective ota believed it was taken from The Mall Bangkapi and started to assume the theatre would be in The Mall Bangkapi. A trouble is that the mall was not close to sky train nor subway station.

11. JWReaper

JWReaper Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  12. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

A fan speculated theatre site had been hinted in Bangkok48.
    "Asoke, Bangkapi, Ladprao, Chatuchak, Ratchada"
    Asoke - fish tank
    Bangkapi - theatre (?)
    Ladprao - office
    Chatuchak - (skytrain junction ?)
    Ratchada - training room

14. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Ikegami Akira no News Soudattanoka!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. onego123

onego123 Member

Maybe this is just for mobile, but I saw the BNK website was completely revamped. Anyone know when that happened? I gotta say I'm a huge fan of the new look. I love that they have MNL's and TPE's websites linked too!

16. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I think it's around end of last month to beginning of this month. since they don't have any activities this month so they release new website, mobile application and start filming 2 more TV program in Japan.

17. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I am loving the softer tones of the website. It looks slightly more mature. Yeah, it's for the mourning of the King as someone told me previously that the mourning is supposed to be a year long. I actually like it. :)

18. welp

welp Next Girls

Katsuta san (aka Marc san)'s article in NNA.
    (Translated via Thai translation of original Japanese content)

Katsuta Takahiro was born 1971 in Hyogo, Japan. He graduated from Keio U in 1994 and worked for Mitsubishi (Consumer Media department) since. He resigned in 2012 and worked on Japanese media in China. Later, the Sengaku dispute erupted and it was hard to continue his business in China thus, he was advised to move to SEA. He moved to Thailand and met a man working on Japanese anime in Thailand. He clicked with the Thai man's idea to broaden the business sphere to other Japanese cultural products and they became partners. (Obviously that man was Jirat, the chairman of Rose Media, anime distributor.)

They started producing/organizing Japanese contents such as, Japanese events, Japan related TV shows. As Japanese govt started Cool Japan project, they got jobs regularly. But, all were small short projects. He though big long project were needed for sustainability.

He knew that AKS was looking for a Thai investor who could accept AKS' condition to strictly keep Japanese management format and regulation. Thus, Katsuta as an executive of Rose and an employee of AKS founded BNK Office in 2016.

"Frequent K-pop events greatly boosts Korea's popularity. Reference to Marvel or Disney's cartoon can boost the sale of USA's goods. Meanwhile, Japanese content is fading out of Asia. Without nice contents as gateway to ramen and tokoyaki and such, Japan may suffer in next 5 years."

"Thus, BNK48, a hybrid Japanese-Thai content, is created. Despite member departure, the group will keep going on. I wish to make BNK48 Asia's strongest content of Japanese-Thai entertainment. Aside from Thailand, I want more activities in Japan and SEA. I want to try adding SEA member(s). Besides, to BNK48's theatre to be opened next year, restaurants of Tokyo ramen, Osaka takoyaki and Okayama fruit jelly will be incorporated. Apart from entertainment and food, lifestyle product will later be added."
    -----​
    The more S16 gets activities, the more management flaws of the agency show. The previously announced "free" high touch event for those buying the album has turned into ฿600 charged high touch + mini con event. Of course, album buyers are highly upset.

The said NMB's member to join the event turns out to be ex-member Kishino Rika who will perform with her rock band "Over the Top".

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  19. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Again in Japan? Why does the BNK rarely show the culture of Thailand?:gavel:
    Thailand is a country with a beautiful culture, they should record a few episodes showing the streets, typical foods, the great temples of Bangkok...

20. welp

welp Next Girls

AKS' contract condition is the answer. The very purpose of BNK48 is to be a tool to promote Japan and its culture in Thailand but not vice versa.

To be honest, your concern will be a big hurdle to the growth of BNK's popularity. You have 2 groups of similar J-pop concepts. 1 puts forth "Thailand needs to learn to embrace J-pop culture." whereas the other puts forth "We'll find the balance between J-pop and local culture.".