1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^They should add her. She is hotter than most of the members!

2. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Why should they do that? You never know if she auditioned for BNK or not. o_O

3. welp

welp Next Girls

Nah. There are some hot net idols passing the first round of elimination, even prettier/ cuter than this girl. It is expected that the 30 new girls will be revealed in BNK48's concert at the end of this month. Many first gen members will be shook. The competition within the group will be tough. Most of contestants are not into J-pop but K-pop though.

4. chiuchimu

Anyone who is not into Jpop should NOT be considered. Let them join some Kpop group if that's what they like.

I hope no 48G fan supports any Kpop wannabe girl trying out for BNK48 just to get famous.

5. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    The problem should only be when they are not willing to embrace the JPop side of BNK48. Because then they wouldn't be able to utilize the concept and then the opportunities that comes with it to the utmost.

Most who audition are aiming to be famous, anyway.

6. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ Yeah I agree, let's not delude ourselves. Being in the 48 group is hard the only 2 reasons why you would do something like that it's because you want to be famous or because you think idol life is cool. I have no problem with having kpop wannabes among our members along as they work hard for BNK & don't drop it at the first opportunity.

7. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Woahhh
    That's like a huge sign of pop culture relevancy. Had no idea BNK was popular enough to be impersonated on an unrelated television show. Good for them

8. chiuchimu

Thing is, if the girls just wants fame and is not INTO the jpop music, then it will come out sounding cheap and fake. I don't care if the girl loses popularity for it, I care that she makes jpop sound bad. Theirs plenty of girls that are into Jpop and want to be an Idol, it's unfair to them too.

Like this girl for example: she did a dance cover of KFC all on her own. I'd rather see her make it on BNK rather than some Kpop wannabe.

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. welp

welp Next Girls

Exactly, 90% of girls aren't becoming idols for fame for sure. They don't want to be famous, don't wan to be popular. They are purely into the art of music/ performing arts that their singing and dancing put E-girls and Tsunku's girls to shame, that they are known as the talent of J-pop industry.

Also, yes, Tarwaan is not at all the best singer because of the training she took in hope to be a K-pop idol. Her singing skill is making the group sound cheap and not J-pop loving members that need not to resort on voice tuning program and lip-sync.

10. chiuchimu

^Lol. Sarcasm?

But yes, haven't you watched any of the documentaries on 48G or 46G? Most girls became Idols because they were into Idols and wanted to become one themselves.
    Yes, some 48G are better than E-girls.
    Lots of Kpop use auto-tune just like lots of jpop.
    Who cares if she sings good, if she is not into 48G then she shouldn't be 48G, that's the norm.

Wow, if your such a stereo typical Kpopper who thinks kpop is miles above jpop, what are you doing here? Isn't your time better spent following kpop?

11. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    BNK still uses lip-sync in case you didn't know. And what do you expect of a country that got overtaken by KPop a few years ago?
    And what do you think 48G is? An art form? We all know it's showbiz. Everyone, at least partially, WANTS to be famous and being an idol is sure one of the paths available.

Although I agree that the culture and "spirit" of 48G should be kept, what members think they are doing is purely up to them. Myao is really into KPop and she was one of the most pushed years ago. Yukirin just went to a KPop concert and even Sakura is going for Produce48. What's wrong with being into KPop and not JPop just because KPop is more famous here? How does that make JPop sounds bad?

12. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^
    this jpop and kpop issue is also common in MNL48, i dont see any problems of that as long as they perform within their content and to appeal us fans and to atleast RESPECT AKB concept and its differences. So far the 1st gen members are doing good so far.

13. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This Thai girl also did 2 great dance clips:

14. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

Too late for that. We already got some Kpop girls in the BNK48 rank.
    The most noticeable is Tarwaan who's winner of kpop cover dance contest,
    Piam that was in the Kpop cover dance group,
    Pupe and Jennis the huge Kpop fangirls.

15. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^ dont forget to mention PUN who is also into KPOP, mostly all of them loves Kpop even AKB members themselves loves KPOP.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

Obviously and certainly, they wanted to be unpopular idols. Of course, AKB as the whole picture is superior to E-Girls because of those handful talented members as oppose to all decent E-Girls.
    No, rarely any K-pop idols use autotune although lip-sync is rampant. Still, it's not rare to hear them sing live.
    I believe K-pop is a league ahead of AKB in term of skill yet I think Tokyo Girl Style, flower factories (camellia and magnolia), Faky, Fairies are skilled.
    If I'm so skill-focusing, I would rather not following any idol whether K or J one.

I think it's realistic and reasonable to expect this level of live performance in this country.

You idiot! How could you not know anyone can tell what style of pop music a person likes via her voice? How could you not know supported head voice will ruin any AKB's songs?

I guess Sakura's PD48 rumor has been disproved as she announced a senbatsu of 52th single which will be released when the show will be on-going.

17. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Why someone here need to drag BNK48 everywhere? If you love sweat16! much you can cheer them no need to drag other group down.

:fp::fp:

------------------------------------------------
    about girls into K-pop for me is OK since it's k-pop era in Thailand for 10 years now, so most of the BNK48 are growing with K-pop. As long as they don't talked about it all the times(like Piam who used to be my oshi. but it's too much so,,,).

18. chiuchimu

People trying to twist my words - trying to make the case that I'm against Sakura for liking Kpop. :fp::fp::fp::fp:

Sakura is a committed Jpop Idol loyal to 48G WHO HAPPENS TO ALSO LIKE KPOP!!! So what? I don't care if anyone likes Kpop as long as they are foremost dedicated to being Jpop style Idols then there is no issue.

I said:
    1) Girls need to be Into Jpop if they are going to join a jpop sister group. I stand by this and it doesn't matter how well they sing or dance. If they are not in love with the concept of being a Jpop style Idoi then they should go else where.

2) No wannabe Kpoper. That's different than a girl who likes Jpop and wants to be a Jpop Idol but likes Kpop too. Look at how just a kpop fan like Welp praises Kpop and puts down Jpop and he/she doesn't even want to be a kpop Idol. How do you think a girl who doesn't care about Jpop but instead wants to be a Kpop star would act and talk on this subject if she became 48G? Most Japanese 48G girls have dreams of being something big after their idol time is up, but they became Jpop Idols because they wanted to be Jpop Idols not because thay wanted to be Kpop stars and used 48G as a stepping stone.

I don't care if Kpop has been in Thailand 100 years, what difference does that make? Don't use the name of 48G just to get famous and make money. If you think Kpop is so great than ask the Koreans to go to Thailand and help build a Thai-Kpop group.

Note: I'm in BNK48 forum because I like how this group has been developing. I feel they are a true sister group of 48G. I'm never in MNL48 forum because I don't see any 48G or Jpop presence. MNL48 hasn't sang or danced to a single 48G song during all their weeks of TV shows. As of now I don't consider MNL as part of 48G. I like BNK48 but if they turn out to become something other than 48G, then I'd stop supporting them too.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  19. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    1. Most girls here don't even know 48G. They usually know (or probably are into) KPop. That's why it's perfectly normal to get girls who know KPop more than JPop. That is the difference of having KPop in a country for years.
    2. What's wrong with KPoppers? You are also the one bashing KPop here. If they have good performing skills, the girls should look up to them as well. BNK48, especially for the first gen, NEEDS girls with skills and where to find those girls? KPop "wannabe"s. Tarwaan is one of those girls who wanted to be a KPopper. Now she's doing absolutely fine in this JPop-based Thai group.
    You can't really find "true sister group of 48G" in Kaigai. They have their own pop culture. Rules like "no photos" and others are bent for BNK to reflect that. For me I don't really like MNL for their irregular audition system but as long as their banner is still on the bottom of BNK's website, they're still 48G for me. I agree that BNK has more JPop presence though.

20. R7-OZ

R7-OZ Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure that you guys already know this or not but Koisuru Fortune Cookie just won Single Hit of The Year at The Guitar Mag Awards 2018 last week.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018