1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^I reiterate,
    what does Kpop being in Thailand for years have anything to do with wanting to be a Jpop idol because they love Jpop? Wanting to be a Jpop Idol because they love Kpop is crazy! The idea that no Thai girl knows about Jpop so we have to pick among kpop fans is ridiculous.

Where did I once bash Kpop in this discussion? Me saying Kpoppers don't belong in a Jpop group is not bashing, but several here have bashed Jpop saying its low quality.

As I said as long as BNK sticks to Jpop then its OK, otherwise if they want to be kpop then they should not be in 48G.

2. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    What I am saying is that if you pick a random girl from the streets of Bangkok, you will most likely get a girl that knows about KPop more than JPop.
    The girls are free to register for the audition whether they know JPop or not. If one knows what being a JPop idol is and wants to be like one that's good for her (e.g. Music, Cherprang, Jennis). But chances are that you will get girls that knows nothing about being JPop idols or 48G (and are into KPop/knows KPop) and just want to be a singer/performer etc.

That is why I'm saying it's normal to get girls who INITIALLY knows more about KPop than JPop. But that doesn't mean they can/will transform the group into KPop! It's not that easy. That is why I'm bringing Tarwaan as an example of how she INITIALLY wanted to be a KPop idol but now she is doing fine in a JPop-style Thai group and she doesn't even sound cheap or fake.

They might initially want to be a KPopper and that's okay. But once they join BNK, they have to adjust themselves.

3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Could someone translate BNK48 (with notes)? :flower:

4. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

whoever joins, whether they knew about 48G or not, as long as they are loyal to 48G once a member, then its fine. I like BNK, I think they are the best example so far of 48G system working outside Japan so I hope they stay the same and get more and more popular.:approve:

5. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  6. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    So many surprises today lol.
    • Concert tickets have member’s signature
    • 2nd gen candidates
    • Shonichi teaser
    • The translated lyrics for the chorus part of RIVER
    And tomorrow we will get the first performance of Shonichi!

7. nightnight

nightnight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I do translate BNK-related stuff (to English) some times. What would you like to read about?

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    BNK48 (song) [hehe]
    about notes I mean usualy they sing aboute popular place in city, so notes about this popular place and why these place so popular :cute:

9. nightnight

nightnight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I'm translating Shonichi from the teaser atm actually. lol
    and here is the translated version of skirt, hirari
    (
    I posted it on my twitter. Hope you don't mind)

10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  11. nightnight

nightnight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Khxbkhuṇ [hehe]

13. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    Oh, I just went ahead and translated it

BNK48 - BNK48 (English translated with explanation of the locations and food in parenthesis)
    This is Bangkok the civilized city, a place where everyone should come.
    Asoke, Bang Kapi, Ladphrao, Chatuchak, Ratchada (districts, also Bang Kapi is the where the theater is)
    Hey you need to go, need to go, to Wat Arun, Wat Phra Kaew (temples)
    You need to go to Wat Rakang, Wat Sa Ket (temples)
    Go to Wat Bawon, Wat Pho no need to walk far (temples)
    Maybe Pak Klong Talat orrrr (market)
    Go with a boat along the Chao Phraya river which has good scenery
    Go to Chinatown or to the spa and get a body massage
    Hua Lumpong (train station), and in front of Wat Sutat (temple) there's the Sao Ching Cha (The Giant Swing) ~~~~~

(*)
    Bangkok48
    Come see us, we'll wait for you!
    We're sure who comes to meet us we'll like it. Come on. C'mon~~~

We're Bangkok48
    Anyone who has dreams, we want to meet you
    Come here, we're waiting to see you guys
    Meet us and share our spirit
    Please come to cheer us~~~~

This is Bangkok, a big city and a city everyone should come
    Go down for MRT (subway), and up to BTS (skytrain), we invite you to come see the "Fish Tank" (nickname of Digital Live Studio)
    But today we want you to cheer and say hey with us
    Maybe a hey at Muay Thai or play Takraw (sports)
    Or do you want to taste Kaeng Keaw Wan (Green Sweet Curry), Mussaman (another kind of curry)
    Som Tum (Spicy Papaya salad), Pad Thai or Kao Yum (Spicy rice salad)
    Try the Kaeng Som (Orange Curry), Panang Moo (a kind of curry with pork), or Kao Mun Kai (Hainanese Chicken Rice)
    Try the Tom Yum and with the popular Pak Chee (coriander, it was a trend in Japan a few years ago)
    Tong Yod, Tong Yib, Kluay Buad Chee and Woon Ma Phrao (all are Thai sweets)

Bangkok48
    If you don't try you won't know how "wow" it is!
    We're sure you'll come back again
    You'll be satisfied. C'mon, c'mon~~~~

We're Bangkok48
    You'll come again and get addicted
    Remember us and make a promise
    Come back again and don't forget about us~~~~
    (*)

14. R7-OZ

R7-OZ Kenkyuusei

BNK48 won "NEW FACE ARTIST OF THE YEAR" at Joox thailand music awards 2018 !!!!!!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  15. nightnight

nightnight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    yay thank you!

16. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Than you =) Without these notes many people, like me, just don't understand what are they singing about :^^;:

Happy for BNK48! "NEW FACE ARTIST OF THE YEAR" is good start for bright future =)

17. nightnight

nightnight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Here's the notes.
    I think we should pin this somewhere since someone else might be curious too!

Asoke is where the fish tank (a nickname for the digital live studio) located.

Bang Kapi is where the theater, BNK48 campus, located (4th floor of the Mall Bang Kapi department store).

Ladphrao is where the BNK48 office located.

Chatuchak is a very famous market yet I don’t know how it relates to BNK48

Ratchada is where the dance studio is.

All these locations are also well-known for traffic jams

—————————————

Wat(วัด) means temple in Thai, so those names beginning with “Wat” are famous and beautiful temples among both Thais and tourists in Bangkok.

Wat Arun (Wat Arun Ratchawararam Ratchawaramahawihan) is located on a bank of Chao Phraya river. It’s one of the landmarks of Bangkok.

Wat Prakaew (Wat Phra Si Ratana Satsadaram) or the Temple of Emerald Buddha is located within the precincts of the Grand Palace.

Wat Rakang (Wat Rakang Khositaram), also known as the Temple of Bells.

Wat Saket (Wat Saket Ratcha Wora Maha Wihan), a.k.a. the Golden Mount or Phu Khao Thong.

Wat Bawon (Wat Bawonniwet Vihara)

Wat Pho (Wat Phra Chetuphon Vimolmangklararm Rajwaramahaviharn ) is where the famous reclining Buddha is.

Wat Suthat (Wat Suthat Thepphawararam) is another beautiful temple and is well-known for the red Giant Swing which is located in the front as sung in the song.

On Thai coins, pictures of famous/important temples are printed on them and 3 of the temples mentioned in the lyrics are used as follows:

1 Baht coin - Wat Prakaew

2 Baht coin - Wat Saket

10 Baht coin - Wat Arun

http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2016/03/six-thai-temples-on-six-thai-coins/

—————————————

Pak Klong Talat is a very colorful market since it is the primary flower market in Bangkok.

Chinatown a.k.a. Yaowarat is where both tourist and the locals go get some delicious street food.

Hua Lampong (a.k.a. Bangkok Train Station) is the central train station, a gateway for trains to all regions of Thailand

Sao Ching Cha a.k.a. the Giant Swing is a towering red swing in front of Wat Sutat. It is used in an Brahmin ceremony back in the days.

—————————————

MRT is the subway.

BTS is the skytrain.

Fish tank is a nickname everyone used to call the digital live studio.

Muay Thai a.k.a. Thai boxing is pretty self-described.

Takraw (ตะกร้อ) or Speak takraw is a sport native to Southeast Asia. It’s like a kick volleyball.

—————————————

Kaeng Kiew Wan a.k.a. Green curry.

Massaman a.k.a. Massaman curry is another kind of curry. It’s rich, flavorful but not as spicy as Green curry and potatoes are used in this dish (which I find very interesting since we don’t use potatoes in Thai dishes that much)

Som Tum a.k.a Spicy green papaya salad

Pad Thai is that famous Pad Thai ;)

Kao Yum is Spicy rice salad, a dish from the south of Thailand.

Kaeng Som is a hot&sour soup/sweet&sour soup depends on the seasoning actually but Som in this term means “sour”. I don’t think it’s a curry. It tastes quite similar to Kimchi jiigae (a Korean dish).

Panang Moo is another curry dish. It’s a red curry with a nutty flavor and of course, pork b/c Moo means pig/pork in Thai.

Khao Man Gai (Hainanese Chicken Rice) is a healthy-looking dish with loads of calories. lol steam chicken over broth-cooked rice.

Tom Yum is a famous Thai spicy soup. Just think of Tom Yum Kung! (Kung means shrimps)

Pak Chee is coriander in Thai.

Tong Yod is an egg yolk fudge balls cooked in syrup.

Tong Yib is pretty much the same thing but with this one is in a flower-like (or starfish-liked) shape.

Tong means gold in Thai and both Tong Yod and Tong Yib are one of Thai’s traditional desserts

And they are both not recommended for people with diabetes x.x.

http://modernthaifood.blogspot.com/2011/05/9-thai-good-luck-dessert.html

Kluay Buad Chee is bananas cooked in sweet coconut milk, so it’s a sweet&creamy dessert.

Woon Ma Phrao is young coconut jelly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

Lol. I doubt how well BNK could do without the support from K-pop fans. Perhaps, the fan base size will shrink to half.

Anyway, a Produce101 like show will be aired within this year and few Thai K-pop idols may feature in this show. If the show turns out popular, it may leave an impact on local music scene and BNK48.

I came here to see a discussion on gen 2 candidates but ... Welp.

19. catseal48

catseal48 Kenkyuusei

The mini-concert shows SHONICHI (วันแรก).

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  20. welp

welp Next Girls

Holy shit! The Idol Remake revealed Sorn of CLC (the Thai member of a Korean group) would be a contestant of the show and it was speculated someone from threatening LOONA (another Korean group from a lavish agency) would too be a contestant.

If this show is real ... Oh my gosh.