1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Ghaida seems to be fan-favorite so far, along with Nabilah. While Sonya... Hi fellow panda :awesome:

2. Tensai Komorin

Tensai Komorin Kenkyuusei

3. OMMad

OMMad Kenkyuusei

not enough Cindy Gulla love haha come on where are the cindy fans? <3

the only ones i'm fairly certain are in the kami7 are melody, nabilah, ghaida, and sonya... though that's purely speculation based on the internet reaction (particularly the WOTA's on Kaskus who are incredibly vocal). Don't know who the other three are.

What i DO know is there is a HUGE underground following for JKT48. I call it underground because they've yet to actually release any songs but have this massive fanbase. All internet polls have been flooded with domestic supporters' votes for JKT48. brings a tear to my eye :cry:

btw i'm new to stage48 so i'd like to know if it's okay to post pictures in this thread or is there a specific thread we should post to?

4. overtheblues

overtheblues Kenkyuusei

You can post it here : viewforum.php?f=48

There's already some section there, you could add yours if it's not listed there. CMIIW

5. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

Great analysis.
    In addition, I'd like to add that compared to other "girl groups" in Indonesia, I think that JKT48 enjoys a considerable fan support mainly because of them being a sister group of JKT48.

That being said, the future is promising for JKT48.

Now if only we can listen to the full Indonesian version of Kimi No Koto Ga Suki Dakara. :lol:

6. ansprum

ansprum Kenkyuusei

From my observation of their 2 live performances, I think the 3 front - center are Melody, Cleo, Shania.

Anyways, here are my thoughts about JKT48:

Their market segment is a little confusing for me, whether its the guys (most or maybe all who attended performances) or teenage girls (as targeted by commercials).

So far, I see they have good back up as they are align with the mission to promote Japanese culture in Indonesia (performing in cosplay shows, Japanese culture festivals).

In the long run, I think one of JKT48's main target is to promote Japanese products here, considering the growing Indonesian market. It would be nice, though, if it could be the other way around as well. (Imagine JKT48 wearing traditional clothes to promote Indonesian tourism).

The theater-based system is a major factor of my interest in JKT48. I'm curious to see whether it could work in Indonesia. If it does, chances are the system can be applied to other Indonesian pop-culture performances. I hope JKT48 can get good market traction so that this could work.

For now, as someone mentioned before, they'll need popularity boost and records sale is not the best option. Increase of performance may be the way forward, but with the current members it would be exhausting for them. (So I heard another audition will be held soon). I think photo pack sales and meet and greet are good ideas but are not optimum with the current popularity level.

I personally will put effort in promoting them through my shot of their performances. Please see them here http://motretjkt48.tumblr.com/. I posted this before somewhere here, but I changed the blog url since then.

These are really my random thoughts waiting to come out about JKT48. Thanks for reading.

7. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

Aah, thanks for the great photos.
    Insta-tumblr follow! :lol:

8. Saha_6

Saha_6 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Nice foto ansprum [cool]..Unfortunately, I can't found my oshi's photo only (not in a group)

9. OMMad

OMMad Kenkyuusei

whoa awesome photos ansprum. Would it be alright for me to promote your link in the WOTA Regional Makassar Facebook page?

10. ansprum

ansprum Kenkyuusei

thanks all.. :)
    please do follow. more medium resolution pics will come up soon.
    you could also tell me which pics you want me to upload the higher resolution.

thanks, please do promote. :)

11. ansprum

ansprum Kenkyuusei

:cry: it's a bit difficult to photograph all of them when i have my own oshi, i can not change position, and with limited performance time. but i can improve next time. :)

12. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

According from some source, JKT48 Kami7 "Seven God" is:
    1. Melody
    2. Cleopatra
    3. Shania
    4. Nabilah
    5. Dhike
    6. Neneng
    7. Sonya

AND ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION! WHEN DO WE HAVE TEAM J ???

13. Saha_6

Saha_6 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    At least whoever JKT48 member that is in the photo, as fans, it's nice to see someone that show their efforts to support JKT48 :music:

14. Saha_6

Saha_6 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    I think it's because of the header of http://www.jkt48.com/. Maybe those sources guess the 7 members from that picture because the position of 7 members who are in front [think]
    [​IMG]

15. Tensai Komorin

Tensai Komorin Kenkyuusei

Great photos! Tks! I just started to enter the fandom of JKT48. Let's promote these wonderful girls together.

I know this is late, but check out my translations of some of their profile videos: http://simple-48.tumblr.com

16. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    i didnt see anyone post this so here it is

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QHhv8DwV4[/yt]

Its the Actually Full Heavy Rotation video thats not filmed from a fancam, i dont know what show or whatever this was originally on but atleast we have the video

17. OMMad

OMMad Kenkyuusei

i don't think they're quite ready to divide the girls up into teams... maybe when they have their own venue then it'll become necessary.

i feel like i've been waiting AGES for the Hebirote music video to come out in indonesia? wazzap wit dat management?!!

18. Kendelle

Kendelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    JKT48 is pretty interesting - although I've only seen their version of Heavy Rotation, I like how it doesn't try to be exactly like the Japanese one. They take the song and make it their own.

I do wish that there had been more variety in the showcased members - but I just want all the girls to have an equal chance for popularity :) I hope they do well and shake up the music industry over there, leaving a mark for future acts to aim for :)

19. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

one thing to say that there would no be such an equal chance in JKT48. they would only get their chance if they are favourited by fans or by aki-p himself.
    just like akb, isn't it?
    If all the member got the same equal chance, there would be no such thing such a 'member ranking' or 'Senbatsu'.

20. Saha_6

Saha_6 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari