1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    @Wade & Wander JKT48 Acoustic is the most popular sub unit of JKT48 and they got so many invitations to perform on various events.

Current trend of Indonesian music is acoustic/folk. Many singers such as Fierza Besari, Aditya Sofyan and bands such as Fourtwnty, Float, and Banda Neira (too bad this band has been disbanded but the members promised a reunion someday), all play acoustic music & Influence 4 members of JKT48 to make this unit and they make their own songs.

2. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    @hrs0722 Thanks for your reply! Yes, JKT Acoustic is great, I love Lantang!

But I'm particularly interested in JKT48 Dangdut. Has the response been good? Or did it not really make a difference?

Music in rural Thailand is dominated by molam/luktung (Thai equivalent of dangdut/kroncong), while in Bangkok it's mainly pop, rock, rap. Japanese-style idol music is very niche and not very popular, so many Thai wotas are talking about what songs could be mainstream again like KFC. Even K-Pop is much more accessible since it's musically similar to Western pop, whereas J-Pop is very distinct.

I hope JKT's original single is a success - it would be a great encouragement for the rest of the sister groups and hopefully convince AKS that allowing overseas sister groups to have original singles is a good thing.

3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    @Wade & Wander long time didn't hear about JKT48 Dangdut. Ayen is a member of both JKT48 Dangdut & Acoustic. As Sendy, Chika, & Naomi are gone.

Dangdut is described as a music for low class people in Indonesia. But some successful singer can become a rich person like Inul Daratisa. Inul is now rarely seen on TV but she's still successful as a businesswoman which her business of karaoke can be found in many malls including FX.

Actually Indonesian traditional music I enjoy is gamelan. Even famous international acts such as John Cage, Radiohead, Bjork, Sigur Ros, Sonic Youth, Tom DeLonge, Mogwai have adopted gamelan influences.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  4. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    @hrs0722 Thanks for the information! Yes, similar to dangdut, lukthung is also seen as music for lower-income people in Thailand, but because the number of lower-income/rural people is very large in Thailand (more than rich, urban city people), lukthung musicians are often more popular and richer than many urban/modern Thai pop acts.

5. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    @Wade & Wander it's actually pretty popular at that time because we have Sendy, pretty good with dangdut accent (?), and Chikariina, a foreigner who took interest in dangdut

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Omedetou Reino san!

Reino Barrack, a half Indonesian - half Japanese media tycoon who is the mind behind the creation of JKT48 gets married to Syahrini, an extremely famous singer & actress. They had wedding in Tokyo Camii, the largest mosque in Japan.

Reino's sister, Maya is married to Gareth Evans, a Welsh movie director who created The Raid. Gareth is obsessed to Asian martial arts and he got fascinated to Indonesian martial art of pencak silat, making him moving to Indonesia and making some pencak silat themed movies. Now the family have moved to his hometown in Wales, UK.

7. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    https://www.jkt48.com/news/detail/id/1087
    A setlist for Team KIII produced by fans!
    It seems they only accept proposal from fanbase(s) of Team KIII though. Entry ended 8 March and the shonichi will be on April 2019.

8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    SOMEONE PLS PROPOSE SDN48 SONG LIKE PLSS I NEED IT!!!111!!

9. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    So long they accept any 48G songs. I imagine one of the requirement is the song must be from JKT48 discography.

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    IMG_20190303_172430.jpg

New JKT48 partner confirmed hahahahahah

11. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
  12. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's gojek, one of the most successful online transportation service in Indonesia. I don't recall such partnership being announced but idk...

13. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    @Mikuriin it's a joke because jkt use their jacket so fans ask if gojek will use jkt as their ambassador

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    JKT48 3rd gen 5th anniversary.

Remember the 4 Heavenly Queens of JKT48 3rd gen?

Milenia x Andela x Elaine x Michelle

Now only Michelle left, the others are gone.

And who are rising now? Shani, Feni, Octa, Stefi, & Gracia. I hope next, Sisca will shine too because she deserves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gwahaha

gwahaha Kenkyuusei

Quoting my post in the respective thread. Everyone can vote in K3Alliance/FansBuih/48Time_Project until the deadline.

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Is there still JKT48 sousenkyo this year?

I got a weird idea, how about JKT48 sousenkyo this year is open for some Japan48 member? Well, this is relatively impossible and may cause problem related to Japan48's stagnancy too.

At least Kawamoto chan, you can still join sousenkyo this year but in Indonesia.
    Yeah, what do you think Sayaya is learning Indonesian for? She isn't going to be a tour guide. Actually she can attend TUFS majoring in Indonesian which Erika is attending after winning MEXT but seems Sayaya has no interests to attend any university.
    But if Sayaya joins JKT48 sousenkyo, well indeed last sousenkyo was the biggest chance for Yupi and she made it. Sayaya joining JKT48 sousenkyo means she's auto center.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
  18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    You know Ochi? You're an old school fan heheheh
    I also don't know anything about her but the last time I got an info about her was in 2014 or 2015, she was dating a foreign actor from Turkey who spends career in Indonesia.
    Sofia & Ochi are just 20 and they're already engaged.
    Also notice that some of them aren't muslims so this is no ITP bullcraps since some of them are 20-23.

Jeje really going to get married to Echa? Congrats kokoh! Maybe I need to practise on musical instruments harder. heheheh

19. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    @ootamudkip they're not engaged, Ochi has photo that look like pre-wedding photo but based on her comment, she's not going to married yet

20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Well examining her age then looks like Ochi is still in college heheh