1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    JKT doesn't need any kaigai from akb, we need more Zara and Desy rather than Sayaya

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Yeah jkt need to focused on potential young member, don't waste them anymore...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hokkaido48 damn when
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    There're 2 Thai songs getting viral in Indonesia, Wikwik & Ngad Thangad. No need to talk why they got viral but are these examples of lukthung songs? Because the vibes are very similar to dangdut.

Sayaya is very likely because she's having an Indonesian language class. Actually she can just attend TUFS like Erika but seems she doesn't have any interests to go to colleges.

You underestimating Sayaya? She could be a great regular co host of Ini Talk Show if Haruka decides to "graduate" from the show.

Yes, I always want "imported members" to JKT48 even I've been scouting some younger members to move to Indonesia in the future.

Even, I'd welcome if there will be NGT48 members that will very likely to disband to join JKT48, I'd welcome anyone. I'm planning something. PM me on Line hrsashr22 if you want to know. If only this happens.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  4. CherryBlossom48

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    @hrs0722 not underestimating Sayaya but why add more member when we have 30+ members that need more exposure than Sayaya?

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Kenkyuusei

Agree, maybe if JOT could groom their member to become more of a social influencer they'll might get some popularity. I saw and heard about how Awkarin (an Indonesian top social influencer) manage her social influencer management it seems difficult but might be worth it. It would also be great if JKT48 academy could function like an actual entertainment academy by teaching stuff such as acting, modeling, public speaking, etc and sending their member to those field but it'll probably gonna be too expensive and complicated hhhh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Hahahah I'm so surprised Wikwik got famous in Indonesia (the name is not actually Wikwik!)...but don't worry, Thai people find it funny too. I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriously. I didn't know Ngad Thangad was famous, but I can guess the reason why. :XD:

Yes, these are both lukthung songs. 'Luk Thung' means 'Child of the Fields' - this type is mainly popular with the rural people or the lower class working in the city but originally from the provinces (e.g. taxi drivers, construction workers, etc.)

However, although this demographic might not be rich individually, but since this group is very large, many lukthung singers earn more money than modern pop singers from the city areas, similar to country musicians in the States or dangdut singers in Indonesia.

That's why I hope BNK will set up a lukthung unit soon and also why I was curious about how successful the dangdut unit is for JKT.

7. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Dangdut unit got a moderate to good reception actually, it's just JOT didn't maximize it to full potential and end up only have 1 song in a single (and a few other songs) the graduation of Sendy and Chikariina cut the line of the unit since Sendy was the only one adept to sing dangdut and Chikariina got the charm as Japanese interested in Indonesian culture.

Come to think of it, 4 Gulali is also wasted by JOT but I think Dangdut will get more attention than them if JOT utilize them smartly

8. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    I must say Dangdut music not really things for jkt's fans especially their young fans...
    If jkt want to catch more attention from general public they need to follow the stream..because, i don't know but seems High Tension not really a big hit as i thought in here..i don't know whats wrong

9. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Kenkyuusei

Because there aren't any way to completely market music to mainstream audience in Indonesia nowadays. There aren't any popular music show, no more music store, and the algorithm of spotify and youtube make people music experience are very segmented. Most of songs that got popular with the public nowadays are those that got viral or take months to promote. The image of JKT lyric being weird doesn't help either with their situation. I guess the best way to promote them, especially to young audience, is by doing ads on Youtube or Instagram.

10. WeRiseOrFall

WeRiseOrFall Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    What do they teach at the JKT48 Academy?

11. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Kenkyuusei

AFAIK the basic lesson of trainee. Things like dancing, singing, manner

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. CherryBlossom48

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
  13. mutomu

mutomu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
  14. Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48

Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nabilahratnaayuazalia
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    From the statement: "Stephanie Priscilla Indarto Putri acknowledged that the person concerned had committed an inappropriate act as a JKT48 member." (google version) The "scandal" was the "inappropriate act," which was not explained.

16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    From what I get on twitter replies, she got caught holding hands with unknown man (some says it's her bf, and some says it's her fans) in a mall. A fan recorded it from behind and that's it.

17. yaohne

yaohne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    7 rank ssk curse
    I think this scandal can affect her popularity

18. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Too bad...when her popularity is rising too.

19. donjonnie

donjonnie Kenkyuusei

What curse? Sorry was not following JKT that well.

20. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's a curse enveloped whoever gets #7 on JKT's sousenkyo lmao:
    1. Rica the first #7 graduated short after ssk single released
    2. Vienny the second #7 got drastic decrease on 3rd ssk which was #30, then she caught on a scandal and demoted back to trainee
    3. Sisil the third #7 was unranked in the 4th sousenkyo and caught on a scandal then demoted back to academy which leads to her resignation as member
    4. Devi the fourth #7 graduated a year after her rank
    5. Now Stefi the fifth #7 got caught in a scandal too.

But honestly I won't call Rica and Devi's case a curse though.

• Informative Informative x 3