1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    great job on the translation of the FLASH article!
    I really like how Tsuchida describes Zuumin too, "天真爛漫で前向き”(positively facing forward with purity and innocence) i think its a really nice yojijukugo that desrcibes her well

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    AkiP talked about the reason why he wrote Silent Majority as Keyakizaka's debut song. I probably made a ton of mistake translating this one, please correct me if i made mistakes!

"I was very surprised by how straightforward the message SaiMajo trying to say"

AkiP "When i watched their audition, i feel like seeing this something called "Adult" materialized, and think of it as my eternal enemy.
    That is not something that belong to just a few of them but something that accumulated from all of them. And i think that what turned to be Silent Majority"

"Perhaps it's because instead of feeling love and breakup to boys, girls these days are feeling dissatisfied toward adults and to adult society it self. I think that fits the current situation. Such thing is what turned to be Silent Majority"

AkiP "I don't think girls are looking for romantic feeling or romantic messages from idols as much as they do in the past"

"Antis seems to see Akimoto-san as "Pro-Government", i thought that it is because from social point of view you are very successful, but the truth is it is because you write songs about the society or political situation, and even release it as a single, right?"

AkiP "I think it's because i am not a musician. Instead of having me singing the song that i wanted to sing, i let them, Keyakizaka, sing it. Keyaki audition was clearly different from AKB's. There was nothing attractive about it. It was like shut-ins. 'I wonder what's wrong with these girls...' is what i feel, that's why i want to see whether they shines or not. Their (Keyaki) light is a bit dull, don't you think? When i think about what debut song to give to these girls I can only think of Silent Majority"

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Thanks for the translations! I like when Aki-P says that the Keyaki auditions weren't attractive, and that their light is "dull". He is absolutely right. At first glance the light is dull, but when you get into the group it's so bright and welcoming it doesn't make sense. And I think that is because in some way, all these girls are shut-ins. They're shy, or have a complex, or are too nervous...whatever it is, they aren't extroverted by nature it seems, and because of that they can easily relate to each other and get along well.

It's weird to me that all these girls chose to audition for this group at this timing, when technically, they all could have auditioned for other groups and not have been too young. Silent Majority definitely suited them, and iirc it was supposed to be an A7 song, right? I'm glad it wasn't put to use there.

Well, whatever gathered these girls together in one place, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I honestly think it is a miracle all of them are gathered, by an incredible combination of luck and coincidence.

Like,

Techi was planning to change herself, and suddenly Keyaki opened her audition. As she said in her interview with Jurina, she is so determined to change herself that if that time something else, say, SKE opened her audition she will take it.

Manaka also wanted to audition for something, at at that time her teacher told her about Keyakizaka and NGT. Manaka chooses Keyaki because she don't think she fits in with NGT image.

Oda joined Keyakizaka just because their paperwork are the easiest to fill in.

Nijika and Yone got lost in the train station when they arrived in Tokyo for audition, by chance saw 'someone cool and pretty' and started following her. It was Manaka, who were also there for the audition.

One of the Hiraganas regretted not taking in Kanji audition, ~2 months later suddenly Hiragana opened their audition.

One of the members was also checking out Nogizaka website when Keyakizaka audition promotion popped out.

Takahiro was choreographing for a stage musical, and by chance one of Keyaki executives saw it and invited him to join. By chance too, he doesn't have anything to do that day so he went to check out the job.

EDIT Kageyama was in the final stage of AKB Draft, but she failed as no one chooses her.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i think its fate [hehe] or AKI-P perfect plan :approve:

6. Bonner

Bonner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Akimoto says "because i am not a musician".

7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Oops must've missed the word. Thanks!

8. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

^
    something like this, its like a fate right.

fate is real because this group is real, still can't believe that fate does exist? think again guys :)

woahh no matter what... 46G will make a history

9. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Don't know if anyone else saw this and I'm not even sure where to put it, but CDJapan is now doing a top 40 chart for international orders.
    It will only be for physical copies sold, but it's a start. You may want to consider them your first choice when buying from Japan to show support.

To keep this somewhat on topic Keya is one of 2 artists (I'm not counting Anime soundtracks) to have multiple CD's in the top 40, Fukyouwaon and Futari Saison, the other group is Passcode.

Here is the link to CDJapan's FB post about it.
    https://www.facebook.com/CDJapan/posts/10156188059409569:0

Here is a link to their top 40 chart.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/single_chart_170421

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Classic post, @too much idea. Thank you. Memi, for one, regretted not auditioning for Kanji -- she doubted she could get her parents' permission, and anyway was only 13. But when she decided to audition for Hiragana and went to her mother, her mother surprisingly thought it was a good idea. That probably felt like a miracle in itself.

11. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Regarding the light is a bit "dull", and how Saimajo created, I believe I have said similar things in Conspiracy thread long long time ago...:whistle:

Anyway thanks for confirming.

12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Yeah i think AkiP pretty much confirmed the theory that "Keyaki girls have something dark in their past / have their own demons" :^^;:

13. genki_labour

genki_labour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kbs
    wah..so many relationship inside keyaki

14. DathZXR

DathZXR Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    This segment has to be one of my favorites,even Sawabe and Tsuchida were riled up and started standing up halfway,shocked by the revelation of the members relationship with each other.
    Omg i'm so glad they did this

15. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Please discuss this in their proper thread: Keyakake thread of the pairing! We don't need discussion going on in 3 thread at once :^^;:

16. kovian

kovian Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    best episode ever, cannot wait for the subs. oda nana just put chara stalker to 11 lol

17. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    this week keyakake episode really sent the fans into a frenzy :banana:

18. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Guys, please? :^^;:

19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I just read the Nikkei Entertainment interview of Zakuru, Yuichans, Rika and Suzumon and whoever have the idea of rotating the senbatsu position need to be gifted a gold medal

Zuumin "We are not really concerned about our position. Instead, we feel sad when someone tell us 'Please aim for first row!'. Because we have experienced variety of positions, we come to understand that each position have their own role, So there doesn't really any more ambition to to stand in the front row"

Shida "I was placed in front row for the 2nd single, and once i no longer in front row the amount of effort change so that's why standing in front row is a very valuable experience. The back row too, realize that standing in front row is not easy, so they will also do their best for their sake"

Bonus tidbits:

Zuumin"At first there are only a few people who speaks, but now everyone talks. We only together for a year but it feels like it's been 3 years already"

Shida "I want to do Monitoring like show to see if people recognize us or not, especially after we performed in Kouhaku Uta Gassen"

Shida "We often discuss about how we are still lacking in MC/talk. We want to change this"

And they all pretty much want to do more live / national tour

• Like Like x 2
  20. genki_labour

genki_labour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kbs
    Ah..my bad..sorry for that.