1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    A break from the group, because these performances she's been giving lately don't give an appropriate image not for her group nor for herself

2. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    people are starting to get a bit ridiculous with their conspiracy theories.

there was one off performance. For all we know Techi is a little sick. it happens.

3. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    If it was the second, then what is taking so long for management to handle it and fix the problem?

-------
    Really though, it is pretty disheartening. To me it got to a point where this whole thing just look unprofessional. No matter if fans sympathize with it and reason it as the girls being real or what not. On TV, they are not just performing for the fans. If I was a non Keya fan, I'd do smth else or change the channel if they keep on performing that way. Heck, I'm a fan, but I wouldn't want to specifically rewatch the performance. No, just by watching past TV performances of similar feel (Techi down), I don't feel compelled to watch the new ones when people are saying that Techi was down in it. For management to let the girls keep on performing in such mood/situation, it reflects on their incompetence.

If it was on purpose, shame on them. Them the mgmt/higher up who thought it was a good idea. Them girls who wanted to be more than idols. For this to keep on happening, it is not something to be proud of.

Wait, there has only been one performance? I thought there were more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Except it has been more than 1 performance and more than 1 talk shows. :( Her withdrawal and moodswing are already reaching the limit. (well, if management told her to do so, then it's anither story)

@MaiAkikoChan
    (I'm not saying that it is 100 percent bullying, but we should not pretend that bullying is not a possible cause).
    If it's bullying, it makes even more sense that the problem isn't fixed that fast and that break/rest doesn't improve things that much. (yes, she does perform as center, but she barely participates in handshake.. which take the biggest energy. to be fair, she has lots of break compared to other member).

Bullying cannot be solved that quickly. And if handled carelessly, an involvement from thrid-party might aggravate the bullying. Working in counselling for bullying thou, I have learnt that adults and the bullied person's surrounding often refuse to accept the fact that bullying do occur. they often give justification as why the bullying occur (i.e the bullied person doesn't interact with them, doesn't adapt well with the environment). They also view the bullying as a mere joke, when they are not. (i.e bullying is done with motivation to degrade, disgrace, shame, harrass, and so on. joke is usually to lightly make fun of, but with no motivation to shame someone). And often, the perpetrator of the bullying is those viewed as "model role student". bullying can be so hidden from the adults, esp those who doesn't care. bullies will protect from one another and portray the victim as "overthinking". this is called gas-lighting. and yes, they do happen in real life. bullying, in reality, is rarely solved completely. the victims will remain traumatized while the perpetrator probably get off with light consequences. unfair? but we live in a society which purposely turn a blind eye to bullying and try to even cover up for it.

there's still a high probability that the management told her to act like that. i meant , no one know what goes on behind the stage.... and it's normal to put on masks in this industry.

it's also not impossible if techi is merely having a regular mood swing as a kid. but honestly i don't think this is the case

5. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    no this is the first performance since the bad stretch during the summer that she has looked like she doesn't want to be on stage. it's ridiculous and a bit irresponsible to start throwing bullying accusations around.

6. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    No, this is not the first performance. I don't remember the specifics, but there was a past performance where Techi looked like she doesnt want to be there, then another where Techi decently performed but as soon as it finished Techi looked like she wants out asap. I haven't watched this latest one, but I have watch those past ones and I don't want to rewatch it neither do I feel compelled to watch the latest one.

@souchan48 if it's bullying, then I agree of course it can't be solved completely (there will always the lingering effect) nor fastly. But, the mgmt should be able to assert to the girls to at least be good on screen, for Techi to act interested while on stage.

If it was really on purpose (as in she was told to act that way) what good reason could there possibly be? Are they promoting the narrative that they have an indifferent centre? I just can not comprehend any reason why they would do this on purpose. Either telling Techi to perform this way, or letting her perform this way, I just can't understand.

7. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    well looking at the responses to this one it should be pretty easy to find when it they happened in this thread if they exist

8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  9. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I wouldn't think they would tell her to act like that to garner more attention... This situation is quite bad for the group as a whole and the whole group will be affected regardless of what decision is taken. It is just up to management what decision to take which would have a good outcome for everyone.

10. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    I have the same stance on this issue as I do in the dedicated Hirate thread-

Considering we basically have only her facial expressions and behavior to go off of I don't think we fans are entitled to make scheduling requests for her health when for all we know, this is an act and she is just fine. Until she is unconscious on the stage I am skeptical she really needs a huge break.

And really, accusations of bullying? It is one thing to make guesses on her health based on whether she looks tired or drowsy, but bullying? All we have seen from them is unity, and while I am skeptical of whether it is real or not, bullying just seems really outlandish.

Does anyone know whether a large amount of people in the Japanese fandom are concerned about her health as well?

11. nullzai_techi

nullzai_techi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I really oppose to the idea of bullying. The members are really nice and great that i dont see them as anything other than as huge support system for techi

12. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    Well the good thing is the story arc for the pvs now seems like they're allowed to move on and put some other members in the center and try some things. Looking forward to some cool formations~

13. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    For me, the part about being "unprofessional" can still be forgiven as they can still be considered rookies despite being in showbiz for over 2 yrs. And considering those horrendous events that happened involving fans.
    However, I hope by next year, they get their act together in order to not lose momentum in the mainstream field.

14. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Here is the vid I saw on some JP blogs.

https://twitter.com/nhk_oto/status/919865597155991556/video/1

And this isn't the first video, nor the last. And it isn't just happen now, or yesterday, or last week. She has been like that for months already. Not just on stage, but also during the interviews, on shows, behind the scenes...

[​IMG]

15. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    We recently translated some interviews

Not live without her (Fuuchan)
    Talks about the summer tour, and the surprising side of Aoi

I still want to do tour again tomorrow (Ozeki x Aoi)
    Still a part of BUBKA November interview. They talked about the summer tour as well

I don't really understand. But, i want to do my best in living (Suzumoto)
    Mon talks about her love of the group

Just as it is (Pon)
    They asked Pon about her opinion of Techi and whether she wants to be a center in this interview

--

If you read the interview and blogs, members are very supportive of each other and to Techi- to the point where they cried about it this summer. They love Techi, and this summer Techi herself opened her heart to them.

She mentioned in her radio that she was still caught cold "the other day", so with their busy schedule she might doesn't get the time to recover and still sick.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  16. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    thank you and great job

i enjoyed reading them all, but this one surprised me how much.

is it just me or does keya seem like it's really held together by its more unpopular members

17. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

:approve:

It's getting more and more crazy, the stuff I'm reading about Hirate. From not wanting to stand out, to health problem, being told to act a certain way, now there is this bullying.
    First, what if she's just bored and doesn't give a :censored: or maybe like in variety she's just not that good at it or the fact that other members are more natural. Holding back for the other members . . . . really?
    Second is health problem, yeah this I can believe. For all we know her body can't handle their activity the way other members does but not because she is tasked to do ALL the heavy burden. Navicon46 mentioned lots of valid point. In performances, wouldn't a bad dancer/singer exert more effort just to catch up with the rest. That itself is stressful so positioning doesn't matter much. So it's also possible whatever health issue she has (if she does have) had nothing to do with Keyakizaka. She's still a kid anyway. Then there's this simple cold, maybe that's it.
    Third is this being told to act in a certain way. So is this all a continuation of an act? This dark, rebellious image, this notion of no one can center as good as Hirate, or they need to change style if you change center. She gonna play the part of a girl who care for nothing? If she was told to act in a certain way, then it's all acting from the very beginning. Doesn't make sense to me if they do this.
    And this bullying. By who? The other girls? Come on, don't portray the other members bad (or even think about the idea) just because you couldn't find any fault about her. I know it's all assumption. But what if I say maybe she's the one with an attitude problem? How'd you like the sound of that? Hey I'm not gonna totally discount the possibility since there's no end to bullying, it's everywhere. But her being bullied by other members, because of jealousy? Stop it please . . . :fp:
    Is it only me? The way I see it, it's becoming not her, it's them. It must be the other members. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying put the blame on her for a change. But try to look at it from another perspective. She's no superhuman, she has limitations, no one is perfect and there' nothing wrong with that. She doesn't have to hold back for other members to shine, they have proven their worth in this group already. Health issue is reasonable and it might be more in the mind than body, which is worst because your body wouldn't respond properly in that case. Not everyone have the same amount of tolerance in handling stress, physically and mentally, in and out of work. I won't pretend to be too worried but I am also concerned about her well-being. I hope she's Ok. Well that goes with all other members. Whatever it is, I hope it can easily be fixed, nothing serious and that it doesn't affect the rest of the group in the long run.

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

It is. Which is why I found the term "Bullying within the group", in lack of better word, a bullshit.

There's a conspiracy thread for that, fortunately.

19. Blackcat911

Blackcat911 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I have been a silent reader for a while and this is the first time I comment here. About Hirate, I think you seem forgot the incident she got last summer, I feel we lost the old days of Hirate since that day.

20. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    I'm not quite sure yet what happen with Techi, but it simply remind me to Ikoma on her perma center days. How they express themself is different. Iko was cry alot and she was running from presscon. While Techi is just ... yeah ... like the way she is now.

As much as I want to see Techi center for next single. It's just gimme impression that giving 5 consecutive center position isnt good for member. Too much pressure to handle.