[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I was also thinking about this. Although the concept of twin groups is good and it also has a lot of potential when played right. But when you say Keyakizaka46, the first thing that will pop in people's head will always be Kanji (especially casual fans or just the public in general).

I think as long as Hiragana is still under Keyakizaka umbrella, they will always be in Kanji's shadow. Unless they can surpass Kanji and get greater recognition. But I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

Well anyways, this situation has gotten way complicated. I am just gonna enjoy Hiragana's journey in breaking out and finding their own path.
    And on a side note, I hope Katakana also becomes more active. :)

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I dunno... some day ago I was talking about Re:Mind and a casual fan twitted about Hiragana being part of AKB48....:confused:
    so perhaps the problem is more about how much casual a "fan" is, then the branding of each group.

Mind you, I was so offended I couldn't ever correct them lol

And, no, I have no problem with AKB, of course, but "offended" is the english word more near to what I felt then that comes to my mind right now.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  3. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Hiragana have now a variety show + keyabingo4 + solo album + they have done 3 days at budokan live its ~30.000 fans, thats more than 3 days anniversary live for kanji (~24.000).
    I dont know where is the "shadow" now. This is Hiragana time this year.

But Keyakizaka46 its the Kanji team. K46 unique music and style its the Kanji team.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

^ to be fair I can see why a lot of people think that hiragana are part of akb48 and not 46. Unlike both 46 groups, gana are more inline with Aki-p's original idol formula it seems. So unless people followed kyz46, you cannot really blame them for putting gana into the AKB48 pot. I mean it is not a bad thing, it is a proven concept and you got a fresh set of idols, so in terms of becoming popular, it might not be a bad thing for them.
    They should just call themselves hiragana 46, shedding off the kyz part, that way fan can see the connection and new fans and general public won't get confused.

• Like Like x 1
  5. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

Hiragana has been part of Keyakizaka nearly as long as Kanji. They have more concert experience and almost identical handshake popularity. They built their own brand underneath the Keyakizaka banner. Not to mention they brought in a large portion of Keyakizaka sales. Taking out Keyakizaka would be disservice to them in my opinion. They deserve full utilization of the name's marketing power.

If it really becomes a problem they could just promote them primarily as "ひらがなけやき” instead of the "けやき坂46” thing they've been doing. It would be a good idea for SEO anyway.

6. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i think some people still confuse akb48 and the various sister groups.

i think a lot of things kind of dependent on fandoms can get a little confusing for the general public

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

At the moment I personally think the keyakizaka name is actually holding gana back. As a sole entity I think they could do really good. If they were an undergroup it would be that would be a different case.

8. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

@radiohifi They may do well even without the name but why? I guess I don't really see how the name could hurt them.

The general public is unaware Hiragana even exists so I feel they have a good chance of convincing people they are not an under group. It's not like if Nogizaka's unders suddenly said they were actually a separate group.

9. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

^ Your second point is my reason why they should remove themselves from the kyz46 project. The have the momentum to show that they are group on their own. Staying a part of kyz46 means always being the reserve team. Plus they are polar opposite to kanji.
    In my view they are already the 2nd sister group.
    Keyakizaka 46 will grow at their own pace without gana, but I can see gana growing quicker and doing really well.
    My impression is that Keyakizaka 46 image was sold to the public as the underdogs, where as gana had the image of elite idols. So why keep the superior group as second fiddle? BTW I will always root for the underdog.

10. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

You're right they have momentum and a radically different image. We probably just disagree on how fast the gap in recognition could close between the two. I think Hiragana could go from people confusing them for an under group to being recognized separately by the end of the year. But I'd have to speculate.
    I'd say you could be right if people start to think they are "Keyakizaka without a Techi" or they believe they lost Neru or something. But considering Budokan selling out instantly, the album coming and the capabilities of Hiragana, I'd bet on what appears to be the current strategy.

11. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

That's the problem, the group name, the word itself "Keyakizaka" makes them group 2nd only to the main group, the group "under" the one who will always be considered above them, the main group promoted each single which is Kanji.
    Yup I can agree this year is doing great so far. But, Nogi's UG had Nogi Koko & Nogiten way back, their 3rd gen members did one whole season of Nogibingo. That solo album is still TBA, while Keyakizaka46 already released one and they are part of it and as everyone knows, Kanji is the main group. Let me add, Nogi's Under just recently released their own album. We all know why they did 3 days in Budokan. They were the substitute bec Kanji backed out.
    I'm very happy for all these break Hiragana is getting and I feel the group is getting a reboot starting with the re-introduction of each members in Hiragana Oshi. But all those stuff, Nogi Under also had in the past.
    Well it's a new beginning. I hope they'll have their own single, a separate Senbatsu line up, one episode for Senbatsu announcement. Finger crossed now that they have their own show as a platform. I know they can't completely remove the Keyakizaka name but it's a fresh start for them. Just keep it coming.
    I share the same sentiment. Personally if they'll be called Hiragana46, that would be great since we can't just ignore how this group started. The general public know Keyakizaka46 as Keyakizaka46, no Kanji, no Hiragana. Those not too familiar with them or new fans will always have confusion. Kanji are always Senbatsu, the main group, Hira will instantly be considered 2nd group or Under. But I feel positive. Good things are coming their way for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

The album just got a new date June 20th. Plus a tour and handshake event.

We have to keep in mind they would have had one day at Budokan to themselves in any case. I just feel you imply they merely substituted when in reality the event was shared in the first place.

Every news article/program I'm aware of has called them a sister group. Even though a lot people here seem very sure they are an under group I doubt the general public is. If they were to look it up online, right now, anywhere but 5ch/Stage48/etc. they would think Hiragana is a sister group.

I think we have to wait till Hiragana appears on a high profile music show with the new clearer "Happy Aura"/"twin sister" promotion so we can see what popular opinion really looks like.

13. glsone

glsone Member

The only thing keeping the "under girls" title on Hiragana at this point is fan stubbornness. Hiragana Keyaki has been called the under girls only once a very long time ago, before the group was even really formed by Tsuchida who may or may not have had any actual knowledge on the groups status at all. But the title has stuck like it was law written from on high since then despite the fact they have never really been actually treated as under girls, ever (they were actually treated WORSE than under girls for a while). The only way this mysterious and all powerful "general public" will think Hiragana are Kanjis under girls is if they hear it from Keyakizaka fans. Does the general public even really have a concept of under girls and senbatsu when it comes to idols anyway?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Nogizaka46 is 5 years older this is huge ! We all have to be patient, Keyakizaka46 is still really young.

I dont know why everyone here talk so much about Hiragana...if you love them, watch the shows, buy the next album I dont know but you can't say that we can't see them blabla who cares what is the group name or if its a "under group" blabla
    I really don't know what people are complaining about, now they have 2 shows and soon an album ! relax^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NyanNyan's Pet

Yes I know that, that was merely a response to the "3 days Budokan" when initially it was 2 days Kanji & 1 Hira
    sorry, too long
    I don't disagree. The mention of Keyakizaka it's possible some are only familiar with Hirate and their popular songs.
    Keyakite ep 120: when Oda & Suzumoto went to thank Becky (said was most into K46). Her fav songs Futari Saison & Dari Yori mo Takaku. I understand if she didn't know it was a Hira song. But fact is, it's the first time she heard of Hiragana. Whether she's a new fan or not, I don't know. Someone who digs into details about idol groups, maybe not. This is just one example though.
    Maybe there's also misunderstanding when it comes to fans opinion about Hira the sister group vs Hira UG. For me and maybe to others who share the same idea, yes we get that, they are called sister group, yeah they are sister group. Well then show it.
    'Hiragana is a sister group' --- " Nah!!! They're just Under members". It's not like this.
    Don't get them stuck with the b-side. What if for example: Keyakizaka46 was formed as Nogizaka46 sister group. Then in all Nogi singles from there on, Keyakizaka are only given the coupling songs. No separate single. No Senbatsu. How would fans feel? No, they are not UG but that's all they'll get. The original 2 days vs 1 day in Budokan, how about that? Kanji is still the main attraction. I think we can all agree, Hiragana is more than capable of
    standing on their own and they have proven it.
    We may have diff opinion but we all want Hiragana to further grow as a group. And that is not to the point of hating on Kanji btw.
    Well that's just my personal opinion (not complaint). It's fine if many will disagree. :v:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ryuu15

ryuu15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    i watch keyabingo 4 ... maybe hiragana not so iconic as kanji , but they are really have a good reaction ... entertaining ... bunch of comedian ... hehehe ... Good sign for hiraganachan

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

Keyabingo 4 is all Hiragana episode 2 is already out

18. NyanNyan's Pet

Yes ... including Hiragana Oshi, more reason to be excited about this group. They are fun to watch :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    Manaka scoop all over twitter

20. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea