1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    if some people don't like kanji because of Techi or any other member, they obviouly won't be reading this unless they're a hater\troll, but i hope they find a group that fits their tastes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    If you start disliking the group because she made an horrible performance recently, instead of supporting her, well go on, I don't want to hold you back.
    Wish her to leave is too harsh.

Her previous Ambivalent performances were great. The 1st time she performed garasu ware this summer put the song on another level. Her hibiki song is great.
    Im also upset but we can only hope that mngmt take care of the situation seriously.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

All members have rotated first raw-second raw- third raw, except her. Drop her to third raw (like Rika was for example) next single and be done with it. That way nobody can complain that she is not in the group nor can they complain that she does not deserve the position (she won't be very noticeable there). If the single goes well, contiue changing centers, if it doesn't, let her come back as center.
    What annoys me though is that when Rika, Akane etc got pushed to the third raw, their fans (myself included as Rika is my keyaki oshi) weren't happy for the first few days, sure, but they didn't make that big of a deal out of it. But most (there are exceptions, but here we are talking in genere) techi fans makes it seem like the Armageddon.
    If Keyaki does switch to the senbatsu model like it is predicted, I don't know how the types mentioned above will deal with not having their oshi in the senbatsu at all (considering they complain so much about drops).

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

We can't just assume management's lazying around with her health. I am very sure they are doing their outmost best in helping her. We have seen several times how very close staffs are with her compared to the others and how much attention is given to her. Even the members are very protective of her. And she has smiled and opened up a lot this year compared to last year. This makes me think she might surely be suffering from a bipolar disorder (speaking of her periods of elevated mood then depression).
    Also management keeps saying how fine she is but yet still we see her the same, so this shows that something went wrong with her and the management as well as the members have witnessed the recovery. Not everything is brought out to the public and until Techi tells us what happened to her (like she did in most interviews), we can't just conclude for her. We should rather support her than calling for her graduation. She has said several times how much she loves the group so graduation is definitely not in her dictionary now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    A4C6ECE4-8646-45A0-9DFB-06ED0D7121BE.gif

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

If that is the case they might as well jump ship and support some other idol group. IIRC Aki-p runs the songs through Techi first and feeds from her input, and if those people don't see the problem now, they never will. If the management and akimoto carries on with this concept, nothing is going to change.
    But I do think a lot of people do not give Techi the credit she deserves and how she help shaped kanji. They see her as this helpless child with special issues that only they can solve. To me that is a big disrespect to her and people around her.

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  7. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

Okay guys,
    about the performance in FNS,
    CMIIW
    its from fuuchan blog i guess, she said there that its the new image for ambivalent, techi took the feminine side, while the rest took the fierce side
    so its like, will you act feminine or just act fierce... something like the title 'ambivalent'

8. glsone

glsone Member

I've always found it to be more of Keyakizaka shaping Techis image than Techi shaping Keyakizakas image. SaiMajo was the single most important thing that made Keyakizaka go down this course and Techi had next to no input on it. She didn't design the bad ass military style costumes, she didn't write any of the lyrics, she had only the most minimal if inputs on the choreography, she had no input on the MV. IMO people give Techi way too much credit and the management, Takahiro, and the directors way too little credit. Techis best aspect is that she can present what they all want to be represented so well.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Metaphorically speaking just put that 17 years old out of misery already. If that can make everyone happy

if the video does not show watch the video here

ppl may disliking -and discourage- this group more for its own fans and their "drama"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    These are all totally valid points but I think jumping straight to graduation is a very negative way of looking at this. As far as we know Techi still wants to be a member of Keyakizaka so graduation should be a last resort, she shouldn't have to graduate to give up her spot as center.

Please don't push that opinion on me, I think it's bullshit too.

I know non-Techi fans have been wanting a different center for well over a year but I get the impression that a lot of Techi fans would agree with them. I don't think it would be as big of a deal as you make it out to be at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. Some people (like me and a number of entertainment professionals) see Techi as a special talent, producing some unique and outstanding performances. That inclines me (and management) to wait and wait for her to come round. Other people just don't see anything that special about her and think this is ridiculous. Fair enough.

2. It's hard even for me, who pays attention to just about every scrap of info about her I can find, to understand what's going on. From what I see, it seems that she hates being looked at by a lot of people. Big problem for an idol. She has hidden her face in performances over the past year-plus; and in her little Showroom recently, she quit as soon as she saw how many people were watching. She doesn't seem to have had much problem doing her film and its publicity sessions, however. And she has won at least one award for her work in the film.

3. Some things that could have led to something like this: the rumored invasion of their dorm (aiming at her in particular) in autumn 2016 by some local guys, which supposedly forced them to move from a place they were happy in to another part of town; the intended attack on her at a handshake event by the guy wielding a flare and a knife; probably numerous idol-fans criticizing her to her face in handshake and in letters; her apparent feeling that other members like Zumiko felt aggrieved that a newcomer like her should have such precedence over their trained ability; her personal tendency to see only the things she thinks she did wrong, not the things she did right. In behind-the-scenes videos, I see her too intent on pleasing the adults and living up to their conversational level, which she is not knowledgeable enough to do well. This is the contrast between the normal Techi -- whom she said a couple of years ago she hated -- and the voice in the songs, which lives at what seems to her a higher level. She has lived in a storm of praise for three years, but feels as if she does not really deserve it.

4. Management was so entranced by her superior expressive force that they geared the group to her strengths and did not give it enough breadth to allow others to centre. I really can't see any other member (even Suzumoto, though she comes closest) able to do Techi's songs successfully, and there may not be enough non-Techi repertoire to switch gears. And it would likely be a commercial problem to start coming out with less SaiMajo-like songs. So management has kept hanging on, for better and worse. The 2gens are brought in to improve the back-dancing (lol) and to provide possibilities of opening up a new direction.

5. I'm an optimist, and I see her beginning to recover. Those photos above from her radio show this week (and the show itself) are encouraging -- although she has seemed fine on radio all along, so they might mean little. And at least she tried a Showroom, for the first time. And I apologize to Zumiko fans, but I think Z's absence might actually be good for Techi, not seeing the person she herself thinks is more deserving -- and more desirous -- of being centre. And she asked a little girl on that radio show to watch more of her songs in the future, so she seems to be planning to do new songs.

It's been a trial and a tragedy for everyone. But the tragedy comes against the background of enormous success. Techi is what made this group special. Without her, it is a nice group, but would it have anything special enough to give it success anywhere near the triumphs it has gotten with her? I don't think so. You are certainly free to differ. You may well have more knowledge of the market than I do.

• Disagree x 11
    • Like x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Annual Revenue for 2018
    Keyaki earning 4.1 Billion yen at 10th place
    ■アーティスト別トータルセールスTOP10
    1位 190.0億円 安室奈美恵 (48作/3作)
    2位 103.3億円 乃木坂46 (34作/14作)
    3位 77.9億円 AKB48 (18作/15作)
    4位 67.1億円 嵐 (14作/5作)
    5位 58.3億円 三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE (7作/3作)
    6位 52.7億円 BTS (防弾少年団) (26作/10作)
    7位 46.4億円 Kis-My-Ft2 (11作/7作)
    8位 43.9億円 関ジャニ∞ (27作/4作)
    9位 43.3億円 Hey! Say! JUMP (16作/5作)
    10位 41.0億円 欅坂46 (10作/4作)
    Source: oricon.co.jp

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    techi, while being 17, is someone mature. She's enduring a lot of pressure and withstand it convincingly for 3 years already. So i've never doubted her sense of professionalism. This is precisely why i believe her performance needs to be adressed when even in fan side, question are being raised about her health condition. Dying on the dancefloor like in kouhaku 2017 might look aesthetic, but in the long run the negative effect overule the "it's part of their cool side" benefits.

It's important to set aside what we can call a fake attitude (techi doing fan service, smiling because it makes fan happy) and responsability as center (you need to be at 100% doing a performance). If she's not 100%? It needs to be fixed. Rest; recheduling, training, time off. Whatever. But you can't swing like that just because you're not in the mood. To me, being too dependant of techi is weakening the group. And it's not because she's overwhelmingly the figure of keyaki that she's exempt of criticism.

Of course management has a huge part of responsability in this. Chain center when you clearly see her health declining is counter productive for the group. They want to build a narrative of a girl with powerful aura, instead they get a worn idol, out almost dying performance after performance. What a waste. worst of both worlds. The girls safety will always be everyone's priority. I say that because they would rather put techi center again and have her missing 2 month (for the movie?) than giving a chance for other.

With all the turmoil since the triple graduation, management is at a turning point to choose what they want keyaki to become. During zenkoku tour it was pretty clear, we aim high with songs that are all linked to each other. Now i'm not sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Other Oricon deets

46-48 and related

Singles
    1. AKB48 - Teacher Teacher | 1,819,237 | 2018/5/30
    2. AKB48 - Sentimental Train | 1,471,958 | 2018/9/19
    3. Nogizaka46 - Synchronicity | 1,306,247 | 2018/4/25
    4. Nogizaka46 - Jikochu de Ikou | 1,281,625 | 2018/8/8
    5. AKB48 - NO WAY MAN | 1,213,501 | 2018/11/28
    6. AKB48 - Jabaja | 1,172,399 | 2018/3/14
    7. Nogizaka46 - Kaerimichi wa Tomawari shitakunaru | 1,160,784 | 2018/11/14
    8. Keyakizaka46 - Glass wo Ware! | 1,021,450 | 2018/3/7
    9. Keyakizaka46 - Ambivalent | 970,268 | 2018/8/15
    16. SKE48 - Ikinari Punchline | 390,770 | 2018/7/4
    17. SKE48 - Muishiki no Iro | 386,683 | 2018/1/10
    21. NMB48 - Warota People | 338,133 | 2017/12/27
    23. NMB48 - Boku datte Naicchau yo | 290,563 | 2017/8/2
    25. HKT48 - Hayaokuri Calendar | 272,811 | 2017/11/15
    26. NMB48 - Yokubomono | 271,856 | 2018/4/4
    36. STU48 - Kurayami | 186,122 | 2018/1/31
    39. NGT48 - Sekai no Hito e | 173,264 | 2018/10/3
    40. NGT48 - Haru wa Doko kara Kuru no ka? | 165,917 | 2018/4/11
    49. Nogizaka46 - Itsuka Dekiru kara Kyou Dekiru | 144,263 | 2017/10/11
    62. Keyakizaka46 - Kaze ni Fukaretemo | … | 2017/10/25
    92. Last Idol - Bandwagon | … | 2017/12/20

Albums
    2. AKB48 - Bokutachi wa Ano Hi no Yoake wo Shitteiru | 611,056 | 2018/1/24
    20. Keyakizaka46 (H) - Hashiridasu Shunkan | 185,472 | 2018/6/20
    22. HKT48 - 092 | 167,037 | 2017/12/27
    29. Nogizaka47 (U) - Boku dake no Kimi~Under Super Best~ | 135,120 | 2018/1/10
    98. Keyakizaka46 (K) - Masshiro na Mono wo Yogoshitakunaru | … | 2017/7/19

DVDs/Blu-Rays
    Lots of lists so I'll be using a unique format:
    Artist - Title | Release date | Blu-ray sales (music BD rank, overall BD rank) | DVD sales (music DVD rank, overall DVD rank)

Keyakizaka46 - 欅共和国2017 | 2018/9/26 | 62,634 (10,18 ) | 52,439 (17,19)
    Nogizaka46 - Manatsu no Zenkoku Tour 2017 Final! In Tokyo Dome | 62,080 (11,19) | 36,432 (31,40)
    Nogizaka46 - 5th Year Birthday Live 2017.2.20-22 Saitama Super Arena Full Ed. | 2018/3/28 | 59,356 (13,26) | 27,527 (38,...)
    Nogizaka46 - 5th Year Birthday Live 2017.2.20-22 Saitama Super Arena Day 1 | 2018/3/28 | 17,107 (45,...)

• Informative Informative x 6
  15. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Maybe people discussing about Techi and the group is exactly what the management wants? Imagine all the expectations created for every new Keyakizaka performance: Techi will be there or not? If so, how will be her performance, her behavior? And then the discussions about that performance and the cycle starts again.

An idol group whose center (may) act like an normal person, a normal teenager, showing her true self, her true feelings instead of trying to hide behind a mask or a character may be something interesting to explore.

16. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Wow, so Japanese teenagers are all living with the "I don't give a F" attitude nowadays? I know living in Japan isn't really that easy but still, shouldn't their government do something about it?

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'm not sure if this is toxic or just a misunderstanding.

If it's "Techi = Keyaki, and if you don't like Techi you can get lost we don't want you as a fellow Keyaki fan", that's pretty toxic. But maybe the issue just isn't coming across.

People who are annoyed at how the group's management are using Techi aren't people who don't like anything about the group and just want to troll and bash. If it were those kinds of people they would have no reason to be passionate about the group's centre. They are people who are annoyed that the group that they otherwise like is being held back or made worse because of a dogmatic and rigid concept for how the group should be run. They are becoming disillusioned because no matter what happens (falling at Kohaku, basically sleeping mid-song at Tokyo Idol Festival last year, etc., the Budokan cancellation) management refuses to consider moving her even one spot from centre. They don't necessarily dislike Techi herself.

I spoke in the 3rd person but this is also a generalised version of how I feel.

Part of the problem is the focus on Techi created a mythos around her centreship of each of the songs and anything else, even if no objectively worse, will seem off. This should never have happened. They are a group and the focus only being on one member was a very short-sighted problem.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    ^ i said "if you don't like kanji because of techi or any other member" so your supposed misunderstanding is a bit confusing To just make things clear if you don't like kanji for any reason, which is perfectly fine, i hope you find a group you like. we don't all have to like the same thing. if you only dislike certain aspects, i hope there is enough you like.

let's be honest the people constantly bitching and only showing up when something bad happens hate Techi. The people insisting she should graduate with no knowledge of why she has problems hate the 17 year old

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Curious why you think Paruru graduated from and injury? She didn't.

20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Easy answer. Make center rotation part of the narrative. Make at least 4-5 other members have power to carry the group in multiple showbiz sector. Voila, the group foundation lasted until at least 3rd gen comes. But thats just me.

Also you probably need to show up not only when something bad happens. /jk

• Like Like x 3