1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

[GENERAL] The Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Keyakizaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ukifune

ukifune Upcoming Girls

I have clearly not been paying enough attention to the 2gens. They were fantastic in the Onchika feature of their Omotenashikai. They sometimes looked like a dance team. Chosen to be able to keep up with Keyaki dance, it appears. And yes, Karin and Ten-chan have "it." I didn't like Ten-chan in her auditions, and Karin was pretty dark in the hidden camera session. But put them on stage and wow! Some Japanese posts directed me to Matsudaira-san's comedy, too. She (and her mother) were hilarious on the last KeyaKake.

And I've been thinking for a while now that the 2gens I like best are Matsuda and Morita....

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. risanen

risanen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    karin sent a message in mobame today where she mentioned she finished shooting something. yumiko and hono also made comments about their catering... could 9th single be on its way?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Mmm...I think Kaze ni is a better song than Fukyouwaon. I like the performance more than the song itself.

4. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    We cant say for sure which song is best from the other songs. All depend on personal taste.
    I like Kaze ni too but i think Fukyouwaon is the best Keyaki song till this point.
    Im just wondering how the song got chosen at JRA. If the artist can freely pick one of their song to be nominated, then somehow i understand Nogi pick Influencer instead Nigemizu & Itsuka Dekiru despite that Influencer is their 1st single in 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    2nd gen performance is fantastic, their personality is good, and they have unique characters (especially Matsudaira lol). TakeYui center is cool, as expected since she is known as a good dancer. I think I've decided to make Morita kun my oshi. She's abundant in talent (drawing, taiko, drum, dance) and her hidden side is funny :D

6. ukifune

ukifune Upcoming Girls

Takemoto Yui says that Saitou Fuyuka watches videos of the 2gens' lessons and sends each person LINE messages giving then tips. Good for Fuu-chan.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rev4

Rev4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    As much as I rather wanted an album I also think it was unrealistic due to 2gen just joining and Zuumin/Neru graduates. Aside from Kaze ni fukarete mo, Hiraishin, Garasu wo Ware!, Moumori e kaerouka?, Ambivalent, Student Dance, I'm out, Kuroi Hitsuji and Nobody they have some unit/solo songs they want to remove like Aozora to MARRY, Yuichans, Ozeki/Neru/Miichan, Zuumin's/Neru's solo song. 9 senbatsu songs might not be enough to bring out an album this year and they probably want to build from these 9 senbatsu songs with a 9th single.

I'll say after 11th single they will release their 2nd album next year. 2gen must nail Keyaki's colours first.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    After watching the Onchika extracts by Rev4 (btw thank you very much for uploading these, you saved me from my "drought" for not being able to see any kind of performance by 2gen), I am convinced that 2gen material is TOP class. Recruiting psychologists / profilers / evaluators have actually made a perfect job in selecting 9 diamonds. And this is not only regarding their performance, which is great. It has also to do on the "charisma" of each girl, their special treats or features, characteristics that set them aside as unique personalities.

As I've said already, I personally find it hard to oshi one girl among the others in Keyaki. The same applies to 2nd gen... For me Fuu-chan is just 1st among equals regarding 1gen. For 2gen Hii-chan and Marina are 1st among equals as in my eyes, each girl has something special:

Inoue Rina: That girl smiles with her eyes more than with her smile. Maybe the cleverest face and most expressive eyes of all reveal high IQ and a flamboyant character that promises great things!
    Takemoto Yui: The imouto of our dreams. The face that invokes the strongest urge to squish like a plushie! Also a strong contestant for being one of the top-dancers of the group.
    Tamura Hono: One of the prettiest Japanese faces for a girl! A larger-sized muu-chan-like fairy!
    Seki Yumiko: Maybe the face with the perfect details and proportions, a real prototype! She represents the calm power of the group, a dependent respectable person.
    Matsuda Rina: This girl has the most intense adult-like vibes. For me, she's the real oujo-sama in the group! ...Also the next captain for sure!
    Fujiyoshi Karin: A finest piece of Delft porcelain... Please handle with care, she's too fragile and precious! Also, I sense there are nerves and determination made of steel behind...
    Matsudaira Riko: This girl is very smart... Bit by bit she has build an image of "strangeness" that make her the focus of attention... Worth it? Absolutely... Also I am looking forward for a Rikopi-Pechan interaction. Hydrogen and Fluoride?
    Morita Hikaru: As I have foreseen, stages are shaking and rumbling under her little feet! This girl with the contralto voice, so atypical of her height, is powerful, a pocket-size volcano!
    Yamasaki Ten: She is the future. She is much more adult than her age and therefore the hardest to judge. She is definitely adorable and for me she is the future center of the group!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I think fukyouwaon is the worst till this point but as you said, it depends on taste. I like fukyouwaon, but i prefer the other songs much more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. Rev4

Rev4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    I think I have grown out of their first three A-side singles. Nowadays I prefer Kimi ga Inai, Kataru nara mirai wo and Otona wa Shinjite kurenai. They are early era songs but not the songs they pushed over Saimajo, Sekai and Futari Saison. When I got into Keyaki I thought nothing beats Saimajo, Sekai and Futari Saison but I was wrong as soon as the first album came out I preferred their dramatic side like Getsuyoubi no Asa skirt and Kimi wo mou sagasanai. Techi's solo song, Jibun no Hitsugi, was even better than PARCO, and performed live it was a shock.

Go back to 2017 it's a big contrast between 1st Birthday Live, Keyaki Republic and Zenkoku arena tour final. You can see they still have a traditional idol group style from 2016 at Republic. However, the album made things changed for their album tour. Fukyouwaon was a game changer for Keyaki, that single alone put more bold songs on the A-side for future singles. You could dare to say it helped Keyaki to find their image to step away from safe cards in 2016.

I'm one of those who prefer Hiraishin over Kaze ni fukarete mo and Moumori e kaerou ka? over Garasu wo Ware!. Ambivalent was the first single to go full dark with senbatsu songs from Kanji. I'm glad they performed all senbatsu songs from Ambivalent single at Budokan. I'm out and Student Dance are very underrated gems.

Fukyouwaon is not the best as studio version but performed live is indescribable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Kenkyuusei

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    As Rev4 said, their first 3 A-side singles were the "starting point" for the group. They set-up the mood and the line, across which this particular group were about to follow: a darker, more mature and intellectual aura that would apply more to peoples' minds not only hearts and sentiments and target a different, wider audience compared to the traditional AKB style.

Also I would agree that it is through compositions like Hiraishin, Mou mori e karou ka, Getsuyobi and the older Kimi ga Inai, that the aura of Keyaki is at its "brightest" and, of course, at its best. Hiraishin and Mou Mori are maybe the most emblematic or most representative of all what Keyaki really is... Pieces where strong rhythm exists but in the background just to support amazing melodic lines. For both, melody is king, eerie and ethereal, almost surrealistic. To that the girls' voices emphasize that narrative style of the songs. Both are two masterpieces exerting dark atmosphere (even without having seen the videos), melancholy but hidden dynamism. Hiraishin is also backed-up by a choreography that I consider absolutely brilliant, one of the best from the group.

Getsuyobi is a slap in the face for the nice, girly and fluffy image of idol-ship while Kimi ga inai is for me one of the very top songs regarding its musical composition. Its austere rhythmic pattern, almost spartan in discipline, resembles a sombre parade, while its staccato melody following unexpected lines is always extremely appealing to the ear. It reminds me of the chorus interludes in ancient Greek tragedies. The song amazes me as being "polyrhythmic" as I follow both a 3/4 and a 4/4 rhythm at the same time.

But for me the turning point was Eccentric... A piece combining rap with pop and jazz after-tastes (through its amazing piano). That was the bridge that signaled the transition from the first 3 singles to the more intelligent pieces that followed. Eccentric is also (always from my personal viewpoint) one of the highest choreographic peaks of the group. The "imposed" ugliness of ape-like dancing almost at four legs (the point where the girls are moving sidewards, while bending with lose hands) and the overhead hands' shaking (like grass in the wind) with all its "implications" of paranoia, are pure GENIOUS... Great job Takahiro sensei!!! And great job from the girls that managed to bring to life this choreographic piece of art!

Ambivalent is also high in my list for being maybe the richest single of the group, in the sense that while not top, is strong both at music and dance and brings forward the "martial" element of the girls way much better than the stylized garasu wo ware, which is more mainstream in its hard rock connotations and the visual storytelling of many Japanese dramas with action in abandoned buildings. Ambivalent is wild and cataclysmic a real evolution from Fukyouwaon which looks like its predecessor, the "experiment" before the real deal that is Ambivalent.

Kuroi Hitsuji is a result of natural evolution. It simply combines styles and "learnings" from the past and I just hope that it will be the new bridge for more exciting singles to come...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Karin was in a dance team before joining Keyaki, no?

I agree in everything you say, but also I feel like most of the people are understimating, how awesome and great Kurio Hitsuji it is, for me is the best song so far of Keyaki, and I love all of them, but, I just cant stop repeating the song and the video, theres this part of the choreo itself that are pure magic, you all should watch the whole/complete video of the choreo, is just perfect!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka

Unfortunately the only video with the choreo I could find was one on YouTube with an overall duration of 2:57. I'm sure there must be another or one from a live but I cannot find anything else. From what I saw, you are right, it is probably the most "collective" choreo, one that is closer to more clear / classic forms suited for a group. I especially found the point where everyone started pointing at Pon(?) instead of Tecchi just for showing empathy with Tecchi, was just awesome. If there is a link for another video please let me know.

As for the song itself, of course I consider it to be among their very best, if not the best so far. However, even at hearing it (after its leak, before the MV was released) it was overflowing with sadness to the point of being painful... What I tried to say is that it is the culmination of what they did so far, but it will certainly not be their highest point in their story-line. This sadness seems to me to be like an exorcism of the painful 2018 and a farewell to the departed members and, at the same time is a new beginning for what is about to come.

PS. When I first saw the MV for the Kuroi Hitsuji I was really scared... I though it was preparing us for the departure of Tecchi and although I am not as crazy about Tecchi as most of her fans, I recognize in her the most charismatic center ever in all idol groups I have ever seen. Charisma overflows from that girl and I would have been very sad to see her go. Especially knowing that Keyaki is so stressful for her body (and possibly mind) at an age where her (muscular-skeletal) development towards adulthood is not yet over. I am glad these fears were in my imagination only.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    True, sorry I cant express myself well typing in english, but yeah, when you see the full performnace of Kuroi Hitsuji by Keyaki you realize how much this girls have climb and become so good at "expressing" with ther dance moves, theres no other idol group like this, with every new video and song of keyaki they just keep amazing me and becoming better and better

heres the link I found it, this is just perfection!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Keyakizaka46/comments/b4llek/kuroi_hitsuji_full_performance_sakamichi_tv/

16. Rev4

Rev4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Keyaki has such a unique artistic vision for jpop. It's the group you are getting excited for future songs of what will come next. Not only the songs but also choreo and how they will set up concerts from now. Excited for the new members to join and absorb the senbatsu.

They got happy aura out of the group as they wanted. Budokan did performed Futari Saison again but overall the set list was full of songs fans would consider Keyaki according to Techi's interview with ROJ. Staging was a mystery which symbolized life of three years for the group. Every other groups decor the stage with happy and cute symbols. The more songs they release the less chance mngmt can put Saimajo, Sekai and Futari Saison on the set list. They perform full versions of songs which had the record of 24 songs with W-encore for them at 2nd annila. That was because they combined with unit songs. Perform 17 senbatsu songs like they did last day at Budokan is tough.

Kuroi Hitsuji single had the last happy aura from Hinata even though none of the units were cute and happy anymore. With Zuumin graduating and now Neru they seem to head towards of what they become. If you don't want this drama there is always Hinata that can put a smile on your face. But this classic idol stuff they started with was a waste of time for their acting skills. When I saw their Kuroi Hitsuji campaign I was very moved by how this song means a lot for the members. 2gen members were impressed when they saw it for the first time and was grateful to have join such great group. They said it was the best song so far Keyaki has made. Karin and Tenchan said after Budokan how other songs paid attention to them when they were performed. They didn't think "I'm out" was that good so now they will listen more to it. The song is about nihilism.

As I have mentioned before fans have spotted AkiP and Konno on the last day of Republic 2018. They weren't there in 2017. And now they go to last day of Budokan. Why they are doing this is to observe the group for both outdoor and indoor concert. What is Keyaki's colours on a bigger stage. Fanbase has grown and it's time to prepare them for bigger stage and branch out variety show to Kansai in meaning to reach national TV goal in the future.

Fuji-Q Highland for Republic and end the Zenkoku tour at Makuhari Messe Exhibition hall 1-3 are getting too small for their fanbase. They have done this two years in a row now. More people want to go and see them. They have passed the Budokan test and want also to follow their own path.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Old Old x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. risanen

risanen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    sapporo high school band performing fukyouwaon while dancing, really cool
    link here

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rev4

Rev4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    From Nijika's BLT interview (July 2019 edition). It's long so I focused on Budokan part.

Keyaki's protagonist is showing their weak side in Kuroi Hitsuji compared to their other songs. They wanted to show a contrast to a set list with songs of strong side at Budokan and chose to have Kuroi Hitsuji as the encore on the last day. They wanted to send out a message of "It's okay for you to not always be strong".

With the credit roll at the end of concert they wanted to give a concept for the audience this time that it feels like they are watching a movie. The reason why they performed Abunakkashii Keikaku in the beginning is to give some sort of continuation from Osaka. Nijika wanted to bring back Otona wa Shinjite kurenai as they haven't performed that song in a while. She has hard time to pick a favourite Keyaki song because all of them are great in their own way and she even feel though that their latest songs are just getting better and better.

Karin become a center in the middle of Kimi wo mou sagasanai is only the present Keyaki can do. Fuuchan is the leader of the pack when it comes to choreo. She always send a review to every member so they can improve their performance.

The credit roll at Budokan didn't just give the name of the members but also name of the staffs. It will show the audience what role the staffs have been part of. "Team Keyakizaka" does not consist only of the members but also the staffs.

Nijika does also still see graduated members as a member of Keyaki. They don't work together anymore but in her heart the three of them are still there. When she performs she will remember the graduated members. In the end she wants to look forward and work even harder for the future with 2gen. She is very excited.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    You echo my thoughts on Keya's 2nd gen. Inoue's "eye smile" is truly captivating. Matsuda definitely has those leader vibes, she is the one that usually speaks first in the 2nd gen group. Only a matter of time before Seki is walking the modeling runways next to Risa, she's the cool beauty of 2nd gen. Karin and Hikari are future pocket powerhouses. And Ten, certainly future center. So much potential in this 2nd gen!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rev4

Rev4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Does anyone know what happened to Keyaki showroom special?

It was always the showroom for important announcements within Keyaki. They did a last one for Gana changed name, debut countdown live info and 1st single. But we haven't seen that Keyaki wall since last year. Something like 3rd annila and Omotenashikai for 2gen you announced in the showroom special but they didn't. It was announced at the national handshake event instead where I can never remember they have announced things before.

And now ten popular Keyaki members are going to make important announcement(s) in the magazine "non-no". Didn't said when. Doesn't more people watch showroom special than reading non-no? I'm not a fan of this move lately.